Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear and sunny start to the day here, the sunshine should remain unbroken for most of the day.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

looks a great day off to woodbridge   for a walk along the river   then come  back to paint me shed  hopefully get a nap in all before those storms come tomorrow!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, today will be a welcome change after all the dross of late. Should feel like the first day of summer. :yahoo: Impressive temperature range already, up from a chilly 6C at 06.00 to 13C at 08.00.

GFS consistent with the thunderstorm potential in the overnight GFS run, with the Lifted Index still hitting -6. But as the lady on the Look East forecast just said, "we expect lots of lightning about with torrential rain.... but some places will remain dry". So for those who like storms, time to keep your fingers crossed!

post-20040-0-18677900-1433401990_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Nice skies this morning and much warmer at last. This type of weather is my favourite in summer, warm and sunny then chances of storms with some lovely cloud structures. OH away on business til Monday so I can stay up late and storm watch to my hearts content! Hope we get something...

post-18410-0-45882700-1433403663_thumb.j

post-18410-0-99239800-1433403678_thumb.j

post-18410-0-69994100-1433403692_thumb.j

• Like 2

Nice skies this morning and much warmer at last. This type of weather is my favourite in summer, warm and sunny then chances of storms with some lovely cloud structures. OH away on business til Monday so I can stay up late and storm watch to my hearts content! Hope we get something...

Very nice indeed this evening I am looking foward (hopefully if everything goes to plan) in watching the convective skies move in I would estimate by 9-10pm we should start seeing some juicy convection with the party starting around midnight 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very nice day with sunny spells and just some patchy fair weather cloud. 19C already though the south easterly wind is likely to peg the temperatures back compared to inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

So many different types of clouds out there, if i didn't know otherwise i would say some one was going to get a shower pretty soon.

Lovely day, warm with a breeze which is just the right temp, hate a really cold wind on a otherwise warm day.

Good luck to all tonight, but to those who don't see storm i'll see you in the NSC later :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sky cleared of all cloud for a bit apart from slow to clear contrails, now it looks like a giant sea gull flew over and lost all it's feathers, plus some cumulus that's looking very dissipated is starting to appear again.

Posted

How we looking for Cambridge area for Friday? Serious storms or possibility of avoiding most of it? Not decided whether to head out tomorrow or leave it until Saturday if there's going to be a good amount of storms around on the Friday, can't be dealing with getting caught up out in them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

From Hi Res NMM.

CAPE / LI and TT Index at 6 AM tomorrow.

post-11059-0-58230700-1433429282_thumb.ppost-11059-0-57907500-1433429021_thumb.p

CAPE / LI and TT Index at Midday (slightly IMBY) but showing the progression of the plume and the potential severity of the storms.

post-11059-0-94346100-1433429148_thumb.ppost-11059-0-12811500-1433429153_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

From Hi Res NMM.

attachicon.gifCAPE.6.pngattachicon.gifCAPE6.png

CAPE / LI and TT Index at Midday (slightly IMBY) but showing the progression of the plume and the potential severity of the storms.

attachicon.gifCAPE.pngattachicon.gifTT.png

Move watering sitting under a Li of -8 does not happen often I can assure you!!

Will it go bang though?

And

Who's excited for tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Move watering sitting under a Li of -8 does not happen often I can assure you!!

Will it go bang though?

And

Who's excited for tonight!

The million dollar question. Undoubtedly it'll do for some of us.

I've also noted the Met Office wording and grid - 'scattered' and low probability / high impact.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=F1B2B0B2-C1D4-75F2-E599-B890C7E18A92_4_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1433458800

I'm half tempted to go to bed seriously early and wake in the early hours to radar watch and possibly take a drive...

The million dollar question. Undoubtedly it'll do for some of us.

I've also noted the Met Office wording and grid - 'scattered' and low probability / high impact.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=F1B2B0B2-C1D4-75F2-E599-B890C7E18A92_4_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1433458800

I'm half tempted to go to bed seriously early and wake in the early hours to radar watch and possibly take a drive...

My night changed for the better, Mrs couldn't make it as dad is ill (don't worry I've been with her 5 years from when I was 16 no girlfriend jokes ;)) so lads are over, BBQ beers and a few games of ps4 then hopefully fireworks in nature's form later

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Lovely day here. Still hoping for storms for tonight/tomorrow  :wink:  :clapping:  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

From Hi Res NMM.

attachicon.gifCAPE.6.pngattachicon.gifCAPE6.png

attachicon.gifCAPE.pngattachicon.gifTT.png

Oh no I have an appointment at 12:pm tomorrow, can't rearrange it, hopefully it will not be storming at time I have to walk there, and back too. Will have to whether I like it or not. I never go outside during a storm.

Sky is now totally clear, feeling a bit humid already.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

If every day was like today for the rest of the summer, it would be lovely.

Perfect blue skies with bits of cloud, nice breeze, perfect temperature.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

The only thing I can think of is the time lag between you experiencing the shower and the 'latest' radar output showing it (as the radar output, at best, only gets to within around 15 minutes of 'now')? If you can remember the exact time of the shower, go on the radar now and see if it was there at that time.

Sorry for not responding - events somewhat overtook me.  I'm well-used to the lag on any radar system, and that couldn't have been the cause, as there was nothing shown anywhere near my location within + or - 20 minutes or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

the wind blew a small pot in the garden over, left the plant and the pot was by the gate.It is bubs little garden project so it i braved the (light) rain and grabbed her pots which are now in the kitchen.

I actually found the wind last night quite relaxing, had the best nights sleep for a while. It's windy here 90% of the time anyway :)

We had a couple of water irises in pots in our new wildlife pond blown over, despite the fact that they were fully submerged. :D

I was just about to come in here and comment the same.. Let them sulk! Looks world class for us still Whole of the Region from Reading to Kent looks fine currently.. High res models come into play properly tomorrow then we will begin to see what we are in for IF anything

I say old chap - don't forget those of us north of London! :hi::(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well what a lovely day! The mornings' interesting clouds cleared away and it has been purely sunny this afternoon. Nice temp at 23C here, still a strong breeze but it's not annoying me today. Need a LOT more days like this!

• Like 2

Posted

If anyone is looking for a great view looking south the best place to go if u live near the Ashdown forest is here Dropped pin

near Woodland Enterprise Centre, High Weald AONB, Hastings Road, Flimwell, East Sussex TN5 7PR

http://goo.gl/maps/9WAZo which is a car park

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I just found my great great grandads WW1 medals, they are almost 100 years old now incredible! Ill have to get them cleaned up and I will take a few photos of them they have weathered a bit in those 100 years, I love finding bits like that my family have a long history in the Army, both in the British Army and the Italian Army.

Nice evening though I really hope we get some activity here in the next 24 hours in the summer I might chase in the continent but I have never driven in a different country before so I am a bit hesitant.

• Like 3