Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

The World's Most Wanted Ice Cube

I'm becoming more certain by the minute that I'm living in a parallel universe. A G&T will never taste the same again.

Glacier ice: The world’s new luxury ice cube?

Imagine you’re lounging in a Dubai sky bar and you get served a vodka martini filtered through thousand-year-old ice mined from a glacier in the far north of Norway. This is the idea behind Norwegian start-up Svaice.

"Our product is 100 per cent natural, more than a thousand years old, and very luxurious," the company boasts on its website. "We guarantee goosebumps and a memorable moment for those who can find it."

http://www.thelocal.no/20150221/norway-glacier-ice-the-worlds-most-wanted-icecube

There are also companies flogging iceberg water at extortionate prices. I refuse to post links.

water is just water. what makes it be more special if it's 1000 years old? 

The water we drink normally is billions of years old - it's just that it has been recycled a few times :)

According to one story I read, every mouthful drunk in has been through Oliver Cromwell. Those scientists need to get a life.

or to put it another way, I'd imagine that in every pint of water there's probably one molecule that comes from my recycled poop.......enjoy your tea and coffee folks....lol

Still it would be different going into the pub.

Today's Special

Ice cubes from the Glacier du Rhône.

water is just water. what makes it be more special if it's 1000 years old?

Well, thinking of 50 year old single malt.

I am one of these people who has to boil my water so only drink hot drinks or bottled water, which is probably just tap anyway, lol But a good few years ago 11 people in my then place of work (including me) got a nasty bug as did other places in the town and it was linked to a' water supply issue' since then i have never drunk from the tap.

There are also companies flogging iceberg water at extortionate prices. I refuse to post links.

And there are people in this world who are dying because of lack of access to clean water. The mind boggles.