Andy H

TV smart Box

Has anyone got any advice on these?? are they worth the money?

I have a smart TV with a Virgin set top box, so can get Netflix and on demand but do these offer more

also and the selling point can i stream Primership football matches from other countries, I.E the ones not being shown on sky here

this is what i have been looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MXQ-QUAD-CORE-ANDROID-XBMC-13-FULLY-LOADED-TV-BOX-SMART-MEDIA-PLAYER-SPORTS-/221664496966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339c3bcd46

Has anyone got any advice on these?? are they worth the money?

I have a smart TV with a Virgin set top box, so can get Netflix and on demand but do these offer more

also and the selling point can i stream Primership football matches from other countries, I.E the ones not being shown on sky here

this is what i have been looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MXQ-QUAD-CORE-ANDROID-XBMC-13-FULLY-LOADED-TV-BOX-SMART-MEDIA-PLAYER-SPORTS-/221664496966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339c3bcd46

It noticed that it has the Google Play store, so obviously you can install apps on it? If that is the case, you should be able to download streaming apps, such as sopcast. I use it to stream Premier League games from other countries, usually 720p quality too. Other than that, that's all i can tell you.

Hook your pc up to your tv.... And use various sites........Just google the following watchseries.unblocked primewire.unblocked and for sports wiz1 r bloodzeed sopcast

Edited by lfcdude

an old thread, but worth updating...

recently bought an android box, and installed a Kodi streaming app and a bunch of addons (tvmc, navi-x, genesis etc)......I can now get just about any film on demand, sky tv, catch up tv, and just about every tv channel you can think of....the cost?.....£50 for the box and a couple of hours of my time installing and configuring the addons.

The Kodi app itself is a fantastic piece of software as it isn't android reliant, it can be run on windows, kindle fire & fire tv, apple, and linux

an absolute bargain IMHO

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

an old thread, but worth updating...

recently bought an android box, and installed a Kodi streaming app and a bunch of addons (tvmc, navi-x, genesis etc)......I can now get just about any film on demand, sky tv, catch up tv, and just about every tv channel you can think of....the cost?.....£50 for the box and a couple of hours of my time installing and configuring the addons.

The Kodi app itself is a fantastic piece of software as it isn't android reliant, it can be run on windows, kindle fire & fire tv, apple, and linux

an absolute bargain IMHO

As a complete techie dumbo, (I don't even know what an android box is) :fool:  my questions might sound stupid, but are you watching all these channels on a laptop or a smart TV? Are you getting sky TV free? What is a Kodi streaming app?

Edited by lassie23

As a complete techie dumbo, (I don't even know what an android box is) :fool:  my questions might sound stupid, but are you watching all these channels on a laptop or a smart TV? Are you getting sky TV free? What is a Kodi streaming app?

just watching on a regular tv (non smart tv)....the android box connects to your tv via hdmi connection (leads cost about a fiver).....google the kodi app....re sky tv free, again google it....(hint, visit the tvaddons.ag forums)

I have a youview box, great for catch up TV, on demand and also supports netflix.

just watching on a regular tv (non smart tv)....the android box connects to your tv via hdmi connection (leads cost about a fiver).....google the kodi app....re sky tv free, again google it....(hint, visit the tvaddons.ag forums)

Thanks for the tech info AJ and the ad on forum info too. :)

So.... if we upgraded to a smart TV do we have to buy some sort of 'package' or is there no point if not really watching much TV anyway?
Ours is about ten years old and has built in freeview but no HD channels and buying now I'd want 4K too really as I already have some 4K sources.

Flicking through freeview there are various channels show up but it says the receiver isn't suitable.
Is that because it needs to be online (smart) too?
Would that work without subscribing to *something*?

bt sport is the only source of 4k I am aware of in the UK

amazon Fire stick 19 pound on amazon... you can install kodi... For anyone who wants it

back to 35 now... But i put kodi onit works great tar shark

Edited by lfcdude

On 15 July 2015 at 8:04 PM, lfcdude said:

amazon Fire stick 19 pound on amazon... you can install kodi... For anyone who wants it

back to 35 now... But i put kodi onit works great tar shark

Just been looking at installing Kodi on my Firestick, but despite a lot of searches on Google still unsure what i will gain from it?

been trying all nigh to instal this on firestick, and no joy!

Edited by Andy H

Just to follow on from above, finally got Kodi installed on firestick! And what a piece of kit! Love it! Currently watching a film in perfect HD, and so far this week watched about 10 movies that would of cost £10 on DVD or £4 to rent on Virgin or Amazon!

apologies for ressurecting this old thread, but for anyone interested, I highly recommend the 'terraium tv' app available for Android devices including Fire Sticks...Third party add-on developers for Kodi seem to be disappearing rapidly due to 'copyright infringment' crack downs making the add-ons unsupported and increasingly unreliable, and I've found the Terrarium TV app far more stable and is currently supported.....well worth a 'google'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ajpoolshark said:

apologies for ressurecting this old thread, but for anyone interested, I highly recommend the 'terraium tv' app available for Android devices including Fire Sticks...Third party add-on developers for Kodi seem to be disappearing rapidly due to 'copyright infringment' crack downs making the add-ons unsupported and increasingly unreliable, and I've found the Terrarium TV app far more stable and is currently supported.....well worth a 'google'

Got that on my fire tv box (well giving that to my other half's dad in april) going to get myself a android box though very highly recommended that app. Great for movies and TV shows

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

I've found mobdro quite good. https://www.mobdro.to/ 

yes, mobdro is a decent app for live tv, I do find it a bit laggy though.............to be fair though, in our house we rarely have time to watch live tv these days so terrarium and the relevant 'catch up tv' services are perfect for us

59 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

yes, mobdro is a decent app for live tv, I do find it a bit laggy though.............to be fair though, in our house we rarely have time to watch live tv these days so terrarium and the relevant 'catch up tv' services are perfect for us

I found the most recent iteration of the app improved its performance. How is terrarium in terms of quality? Have you tried its download function to save programmes?

6 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

I found the most recent iteration of the app improved its performance. How is terrarium in terms of quality? Have you tried its download function to save programmes?

ah, I haven't used mobdro the past few months (normally use it for the F1, and summer cricket season) so it's nice to hear the performance is better..........for quality, terrarium is excellent, lots of 1080p streams for modern tv/films and tons of excellent quality old shows.....I've not tried the download functionality as my android box and tablet don't have the storage

Edited by ajpoolshark

4 hours ago, ajpoolshark said:

I've watched superduper loads of films on that app recently, it the dog's nuts:good:

Kodi has been hammered lately ,I'm using redifusion ......

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've watched superduper loads of films on that app recently, it the dog's nuts:good:

korean meatballs....lol.....sorry coudn't stop myself posting that....

sorry, yes, it's a bloody good app

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

korean meatballs....lol.....sorry coudn't stop myself posting that....

sorry, yes, it's a bloody good app

lol mine is movies and tv series , is there an app for live sports

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol mine is movies and tv series , is there an app for live sports

as seaonaility said, mobdro's the one for live sports :)

1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

as seaonaility said, mobdro's the one for live sports :)

oh i didn't read up lol, my modro is knackered