DiagonalRedLine

Cafe chill out - aka Banter - The 2nd Edition

post-10703-0-15126800-1424193217_thumb.p

A new banter thread for you ladies and gentlemen to take part in. Talk about anything you like - doesn't have to be related to the weather, even if it's something peculiar like: "why do monkeys eat bananas?". And stuff like that. Got something that's really on your mind and you need to let it out? No problem, feel welcome to let out your fury in here.

While things could get quite heated in here at times, let's still try to keep the Chill Out Cafe and Banter thread friendly please, and be respectful of others. Cheers. :good:

When you're ready, come in, pull up a chair and have a nice chill. :gathering:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Because Diminos pizza doesn't deliver to their house?

Me and a gaggle of gals are heading into the big city today on the bus, scary stuff (for the peeps in the city)

• Like 1

Because Diminos pizza doesn't deliver to their house?

Me and a gaggle of gals are heading into the big city today on the bus, scary stuff (for the peeps in the city)

I can put a word in at work to see if we can get that changed. Though I want vine swinging tips.

Monkeys don't tip well.

Well that was fun. All the way into the city (around 26 kilometres) for the princely sum of 80p. The bus is nice, well air conditioned and segregated so I don't get hassled by blokes. Better than the White knuckle ride in a taxi for around £12 or even worse, me trying to drive

Who's you driving into town scarier for, you or the other drivers?

(Goes to hide on the Isle of Wight)

I've only almost taken one driver out so far, oh and a bus but otherwise no big dramas. Driving in the city is not nice. You need very good spacial awareness, which us ladies are not famous for.

I'm certainly not as bad as this

http://news.sky.com/story/1428866/parking-mayhem-pensioner-smashes-into-10-cars

I'm stressed out..................I've had a haircut, daughter is in the heats for Chelsea flower show this weekend, she's stressed, mother has decided to go to Texas, visiting, on her own she has no sense of direction, where's the Prozac?!!

Haircut is stressful. Chelsea flower show... aghhhhh. Mother in Texas....bliss. That's just me.

Haircut is stressful. Chelsea flower show... aghhhhh. Mother in Texas....bliss. That's just me.

Why do some women 'love' going to the hairdressers, I always come out looking and feeling like a meff.

Mother away for 2 weeks will be bllss but she will probably end up in Russia or Alaska,

daughter, Chelsea Flower Show? she thrives on stress but I get stressed listening to her an end up doing all the prep work

Can't wait to be off work next week going to decorate, painting is soo relaxing lol

Don't like going to the hairdresser's. It's always full of sniggering teenagers - and that's just the assistants.

My mother's in Hastings. I don't think she'd make it as far as Gatwick, let alone Texas.

Decorating is even more stressful than having a haircut!

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Don't like going to the hairdresser's. It's always full of sniggering teenagers - and that's just the assistants.

My mother's in Hastings. I don't think she'd make it as far as Gatwick, let alone Texas.

Decorating is even more stressful than having a haircut!

sniggering teenagers that can't interpret a style/picture and are only capable of dead straight hair. As for decorating.......bring it on

Hairdresser's what's one of them, brought a pair of clippers over twenty years ago and saved myself a small fortune :)  

proper hairdressing is an art and a skill IF they learn communication and interpretation, clippers are just a lazy unskilful method

So who killed Lucy................I reckon it was Jane

Edited by Jan
  • Like 1

In my case one had no choice, when you start to lose a little (thin on top) its the best way :D

proper hairdressing is an art and a skill IF they learn communication and interpretation, clippers are just a lazy unskilful method

So who killed Lucy................I reckon it was Jane

no it was Ricky Ricardo ....

Don't watch soaps.... Like watching all period productions. On TV and have several on DVD. Though I still have some on VHS which I am replacing with DVD gradually..

One ceiling and 2 walls painted, not bad for an afternoons work. How come I covered most of the floor up

but the little bits that weren't covered get paint splattered, sods law

• Like 1

Sod's law, Jan, I'm afraid. It explains a lot of annoying and irrational things and people.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Morning all. Question, was there one or two episodes of Eastenders last night? I can only find one on iPlayer which ended with fireworks. I still reckon there is more to it but quite clever storyline really.

We are on our second day of sandstorms, which have had a nasty side effect of giving me nose bleeds. I need one of those dust mask things *puts self on naughty step for mentioning W word*

• Like 2

Morning all. Question, was there one or two episodes of Eastenders last night? I can only find one on iPlayer which ended with fireworks. I still reckon there is more to it but quite clever storyline really.

We are on our second day of sandstorms, which have had a nasty side effect of giving me nose bleeds. I need one of those dust mask things *puts self on naughty step for mentioning W word*

I often get nosebleeds in dessert enviroments ,must be sharp sand grains ,as for eastenders ,piffle :)....