Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

What a miserable day. Constant light drizzle and a maxima of 9C at 10:30 this morning. I can't wait until those lovely southerlies come back, at least then the temperatures will be a bit more seasonable.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Yet another winter day - 9C on what's alleged to be a mid-spring day.  But for the warm blip a couple of weeks ago, we've endured daytime maxima of mostly 7 -11C since the end of February.  A cold winter, and it looks to be a chilly spring as well.  Even during that short warm spell we still had overnight minima around freezing. Be nice to to be switch off the heating and enjoy a mild night with the bedroom window fully open.  I'm still using my electric blanket - in May!?!?   Nothing springlike let alone anything remotely warm on the horizon either.  Looks like low teens at best at least for the next fortnight.

Posted

A chilly very unspring like May evening. A quick descent into dusk, cloudy grey leaden skies, and rain, current temp 5.1 degrees. Miserable. Oooh I need some positivity.

Posted

A very wet cold morning. Still raining but it is the fine drizzly stuff and the milder airmass has moved in. Current temp 11.7 degrees. Hoping it will dry up soon to salvage some of the day. Its the tipping point of the long bank holiday, 1 poor day and 2 half decent ones, are better than 2 poor days and 1 decent day, we shall see if we manage the former. Tomorrow does look a much better day though, very respectable, at least its not going to be 3 write off days, but however, you look at things the bank holiday can't now be described as a good one, average is the best it will muster.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Wet overnight but at least mild. Mid morning dried up with 16C on my outdoor sensor. Currently sunny intervals but a stiff breeze. Looks like double digits overnight possbly for the first time this year. Possibly up to 18C tomorrow before we return to whats now the norm: low teens and chilly nights.

Posted

Beautiful here in Warrington. Temp f 18c on the car thermometer and some dark bases to the clouds. I think most of the moisture for shower potential has whittled its way eastwards now.

Posted

Oh well we ended up with a poor day overall. The rain eased mid afternoon but it never brightened up, and further showery outbreaks came back early evening. Maxed out at 12 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

A very mild and mostly cloudy night. I only got one short break in the clouds that was just long enough for me to get a photo of the full moon:

post-21671-0-39236300-1430693007_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Sunday was a much better day than Saturday that's for sure. It felt like December. I went to the Waterloo Beer Festival near Crosby and the wind coming off the sea was horrific. Sitting in an unheated church wasn't much better, though it had the effect of drinking more quickly.

Posted

As expected a much better day so far compared to the last 2. Plenty of sunny spells albeit quite a bit of cloud and there is a breeze taking the edge off things. This afternoon and evening should continue fine with the best of the sunshine probably late afternoon before cloud encroaches during the evening. A much milder feel as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not as nice a day as I was hoping for but after the rain and cold of the last couple of days, dry with a mixture of cloud and sunny spells was certainly welcome.

It felt warm in the sun but coolish when the cloud blocked it out which it probably did for the majority of the afternoon.

Still i managed to get some work done in the garden including cutting the grass which, looking at the forecast for the rest of the week, was a good thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wasn't to bad here , grass cut too , although managed to break my aged lawn tractor, clouded over now in preparation for miserable 48 hours ..

Yeah, plenty of rain to come overnight and into tomorrow.

Hopefully conditions improving towards weekend but nothing to get exited about in the immediate outlook.

Posted

Another poor days weather here.

Yes a bit warmer, sorry slightly less cold but plenty of cloud and showers and little in the way of sunshine.

It's certainly doesn't feel much like May unless this is normal weather and we've just been spoilt over recent years.

Posted

Very poor day today ,will be glad when it's dark !!....

It looks and feels more like late September/October out there.

Just hope it isn't a sign of things to come for summer 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It looks and feels more like late September/October out there.

Just hope it isn't a sign of things to come for summer 2015.

synoptic wise more of a Dec/Jan setup, westerlies, Gales and Atlantic in charge/low pressure