Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just had a hail and sleet shower.

Posted

Hills are white around me, snow shower incoming.... Lightish though....

Disruption due to snow woodhead and snake pass....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Snow covered peak of Ingleborough at the moment. Driving around the Trough of Bowland today house hunting. Nice but cold.

post-3489-0-06612900-1430220182_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Really belted it down with snow and chuncks of ice a few hours ago, was driving to hyde, massive flash of lightening huge boom then all alarms going off in hyde, bank machines out of order.... Alarms still going off as i left back to glossop... Snow on the hills above... Pretty looking bleaklow and kinder....

post-16439-0-37874800-1430221282_thumb.j

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Variable cloud and cool breeze here nothing out of the ordinary

I suppose for late April, as for snow, no thanks, well not until

Late November at the earliest

Nice picture Will, but keep it up there please

C.S

Posted

Snow covered peak of Ingleborough at the moment. Driving around the Trough of Bowland today house hunting. Nice but cold.

I climbed that on a geological outing from college almost 25 years ago! It was the Friday before the May Day Bank Holiday weekend, the early May heatwave of 1990 and I got sunburnt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another dry day turns into a wet evening.

Second day running and damn annoying when there are pressing outside jobs to do and only a few evening hours to do them in.

Never mind there's always tomorrow.

Posted

Brrr a cold feeling day, needed to wrap up against the chill wind. Plenty of snow overnight on high ground visible to see this morning, snowline roughly about 500 metres. We had some very heavy sleety hail showers this morning.

We've slipped from early summer mode to late winter mode in the space of a few days. How different things feel compared to last week. Thursday night looks like another damaging frost on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of everything in the weather today.

Heavy sleety showers this morning with the sun gradually starting appear as the afternoon went on.

Cold throughout though and just had a light shower a few minutes ago.

It's probably what we should expect at this time of year I suppose but after what we had up to a few days ago, this seems like a massive step backwards into winter.

Even got the heating back on again.

Posted

Went out doing a bit of work in the garden after tea in bright sunshine but within 5 minutes I'm rained off then hailed off then back to rain.

It all wets you through though and on a day like today, it's damn cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

It's freezing out there this morning, cloudy and raining...............heating still on, had to get

up in the night and put a sweatshirt on over my pj's, what's happened to spring?!!!

Posted

Turned out a good day 15 c and convective sky's ,nice :).....

Yes conditions improved here as the day went on although even the morning cloud was much better than yesterday heavy rain and sleet.

It's a nice evening now so hopefully I can get an hour or so in the garden before it goes dark.

As for the weekend, well it's a bank holiday so need we say any more although hopefully some useable weather over the three days.

Posted

Been a nice day here but gone more cloudy over the last hour or so.

Still bright though.

Current temperature of 9c.

Posted

Was happily painting fence panels this morning but now rained off, probably for the rest of the day.

Thankfully today is looking the worst for weather so hopefully I can get them finished before I'm back in work on Tuesday.

It feels damn cold as well, certainly not like early May.

Posted

Mmm not the best of days here, started off dry but cloudy, however, the rain arrived just before noon, and its been raining since. Another cold day for the time of year current temo 9.1 degree some 4 or so degrees below the average May max for these parts.

Tomorrow should be a role reversal after a wet night, it should dry up through lunchtime and hopefully we will some brightness by late afternoon. Also a milder day with more respectable temperatures.

Its been a very disappointing week or so here, unseasonably chilly with mean temps well below the average.