Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbolt_

North West England - Weather Chat

New thread for 7 February onwards. Seems like a very foggy night is coming for most of us.

who locked me out?

Another air frost here, temps rapidly dropped over the last few hours, but so far not a foggy one. Tomorrow could be a cold one depending on whether we see fog, if we do it is likely to turn into low cloud with temperatures struggling.

Its been a lovely day again in the Lake District - a cracking sunset.. Oh why can't we get weeks like this in the height of the summer season..

Its kinda looking spooky with the fog around. I hope I don't get attacked by zombies!! :help:

3bbdd46d850d8ae75942ba1ef8c4b726.jpg

lol did you get a shock !!!.

it was like having the door slammed in your face :cc_confused:

My messages thingy is like a bt switchboard tonight , 45 in 90 mins , lol !!!

ooh aren't we popular then :acute:

Its kinda looking spooky with the fog around. I hope I don't get attacked by zombies!! :help:

3bbdd46d850d8ae75942ba1ef8c4b726.jpg

freaky!..........reminds me of the intro for zombies on the Call Of Duty - World at War game   :ninja:

Still no fog, nothing exciting happens here, but it is dark and my heating has gone off now

and it feels chilly

-1c snow still holding on around here.... A few chunks of compacted snow on roof.... In the clouds up here.... Amazing sunset this evening.... According to beeb snow on wednesday? Really thick fog.... Freezing fog.....

4-5 inches snow on grass still.... Woodhead is snowfest still but frozen over....

4-5 inches snow on grass still.... Woodhead is snowfest still but frozen over....

lucky bugger :)...

I got about 4mm..............and I got excited

The temperature is starting to drop below zero now, so the fog it gradually turning into freezing fog.

The temperature is starting to drop below zero now, so the fog it gradually turning into freezing fog.

As soon as the temperature hits -0.1C, it's technically counted as freezing fog. Love it when it leaves a nice frozen rime on everything, it's dangerous though!

Freezing fog can indeed produce snow, too.

As soon as the temperature hits -0.1C, it's technically counted as freezing fog. Love it when it leaves a nice frozen rime on everything, it's dangerous though!

Freezing fog can indeed produce snow, too.

Looks like it's going to be pretty persistent freezing fog too. It wouldn't suprise me if some have it all day tomorrow.

Met O has me down for light snow throughout Wednesday and a bit more on Thursday but the text forecast for the region doesn't fall in line with temperatures near normal and only the chance of light rain.

Maybe it's an altitude thing and the precipitation is more to do with thick cloud and drizzle than anything more.

I've never been a fan of these post code computerised forecasts so I'll put my faith in the standard stuff on offer and await to be surprised if I do see anything white.

Anyway another frosty morning, -3c here at the moment so could be a cold couple of hours sat at football at lunchtime.

Coldest night of the winter so far! Got down to -3.7c overnight and there was freezing fog earlier. Currently -1.7c.