Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crepuscular Ray

Forum really slow

I'm having trouble loading pages this afternoon. When they load at all, it takes about half a minute.

The first time I tried to post this I got a 504 gateway timeout error.

Just had a look on the FB page

A few gremlins seem to have snuck in at the moment, the guys are working on it as I type. Ian

https://www.facebook.com/netweather

Facebook banned at work - what are Gremlins ? Besides the obvious alien things... Or are you saying NW has been taken over by Aliens?

How's everything now, seems ok this end?

Lol defo not TWO hackers - they're a friendly bunch :)

Beyond that not sure, aliens, gremlins, maybe both - we're still looking into it.

How's everything now, seems ok this end?

I was getting on fine so no real issues all I got was whats in the pic below then it loaded up fine

UntitledmXSqs.png

As people explained in your status - it's a protection against ddos (an attack on the website), which we switched on as a precaution earlier. 

Lol defo not TWO hackers - they're a friendly bunch :)

Beyond that not sure, aliens, gremlins, maybe both - we're still looking into it.

Ah ! Thats good to know, it's all working perfect again anyways, cheers Paul :-)

Not for me. The forum, indeed site, has been slow for days. It's not happening with other sites.

Definitely no problems this side at the moment Dave, perhaps clear your browser cache to see if that helps.

Seems more normal today Paul. I don't know if it's a pc problem. Definitely not a net speed issue.