Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Incredible to watch SAT24 at this time of year and watch the band of sunlight ripping across the northern horizon. Blackbirds will be singing in a couple of hours.

Posted

someting that was cool .. when the storm passed over us .. the moonlight was lighting up the structure of the mcs :) looks cool wierd and spooky :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
HI all, what a storm we had here in Christchurch tonight!

I was gobsmacked by the amount of lightning we had at the peak of the storm

I captured some video and photos but haven't had the chance to upload the video yet but here are some photo I managed to capture.

Edited by Thunderman1981
  • Like 1

Posted

Just been down to the kitchen to find my soaking wet shorts and t-shirt from all that dancing in the garden.

It all came through later than expected and took a while to move through. I didn't think we'd get the rain, but mapantz' reading from Fordingbridge, which is 6 miles due south sounds about right. Incredible stuff :)

• Like 1

Posted

someting that was cool .. when the storm passed over us .. the moonlight was lighting up the structure of the mcs :) looks cool wierd and spooky :)

That was quite a spectacle to enjoy, constant lightning by moonlight and it was still around 20c at 01.30 while outside doing so!

How do your videos look?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Not sure we had anything in Gloucester, certainly didn't hear anything or get woken up by bright flashing lights. May have been a small amount of rain, not enough for Dr Foster to step in!! 

Posted

Got to 26.2c at 6.10pm yesterday.

No rain registered here last night.

Heard or saw nothing of any storm late last night, seems it missed us.

Some lovely blue skies this morning, very light cloud, 21c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heard and saw nothing last night and not a single drop of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Heard and saw nothing last night and not a single drop of rain

:rofl:  :rofl:

To be honest looking at radar loop there was only one reasonable storm that passed through east of the region I had a little rain but nothing else.

Posted

When's the next chance of disappointment for this area I wonder?  :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

6.3mm from that passing storm.  We were right on the edge of it, nothing directly overhead, closest was about 23.15.  Could see the constant flashing to the east after that and, as others have said, weird to see that in the distance by moonlight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

When's the next chance of disappointment for this area I wonder?  :rofl:

Next chance!?

Here in west country you should feel lucky you have had 2 failed storm warnings in one year, try not to be so greedy!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

wow what a night. Guess the Bulford storm wasn't up. At about 0:25 while stood at the back door watching continuous lightning a fork of lightning hit the woods behind our house there was what I would describe as an explosion I fell backwards and my other half hit the floor we both looked shocked kids woke up looking very scared. This one will never be forgotten. Going up into woods in a bit to see what damage has been done.

have to use my phone as we lost our internet last night.

Posted

On the edge of one cell here at Ampney Crucis, an awful lot of CtoC lightening with very few forks seen as storm approached, not a huge amount in the way of thunder either. As it passed there were quite a few forks observed  with the occasional cloud to ground strike, torrential rain, 19mm in 20 mins but was surreal to watch the cell pass only for the moon to come out and light the cloudscape up. Managed to get a few half decent pictures but wasn't the best prepared and only from the bedroom window! Wasn't as good photo wise as the storm last year. The crops on the farm will be grateful of the rain!

post-19046-0-14285400-1436007467_thumb.j

post-19046-0-83382800-1436007711_thumb.j

Posted

What a night that was?! :O

wow what a night.

What a night indeed! It consisted of looking at the radar and convective discussion until I realised I wasn't going to get anything. Then I went to bed.

:rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note however nettie, yours does sound quite serious, hope all is okay and everyone stayed safe.

Posted

oh man my head hurts .. after running around like a loon for 2 hours on top of westbury whitehorse /redhorn managed to get 4 hours in total footage from 4 cams ... my homemade lightning dector crapped out at 5000 strikes lol .. seen a fair few power flashes lastnight plus i am getting hords of phonecalls from people with dead adsl modems ..   anyway coffee and try to wake up ... i got 100 gig of stuff to start editing later on

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Thanks dec10snow everyone safe here kids walking around like zombies but nothing to out of the normal for them. I am however still buzzing from the storm . Just been down local shop and apparently part of Amesbury ended up under 2foot of water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I stoked myself on vodka and energy drinks. It was worth it; the lightning was fantastic, even if the thunder wasn't all that loud. Oddly, even the CGs weren't that loud????

• Like 1