Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Have had some lovely close lightning in the last half an hour which moved quickly from SW to NE of here, but am seeing distant almost frequent strobeing from the major storm that's en route to Salisbury area. Probably only 1mm of rain at the most.

Posted

Good luck all i here thunder in distance and sky flashing... but missing me to the west...main event looks to be coming up from Bournemouth... 

Posted

My goodness, never seen lightening like this, just constant with thunder too and torrential rain. Dog is panting and perrified! Thought we would miss it all!

Hope your dog is OK. It's never nice for them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

First rumbles heard in Soton. Will head off outside when the Last Leg's finished.

Edited by katemart

Posted

Raining here and also just seen Lightning to my south east no thunder yet

• Like 1

Posted

Poor pregnant woman settlut down to sleep and it s all kicking off out there now!Shedloads of flashing out west and distant rumbles.

• Like 1

Posted

Just sunk to a new low....or reached a new high. Poured another beer,sat in the greenhouse, thunder and lightning overhead.:)

• Like 5

Posted

So humid here still feels like its getting worse rather than better even though the wind and rain is here! I wish the lightning over south east would head this way!

Just sunk to a new low....or reached a new high. Poured another beer,sat in the greenhouse, thunder and lightning overhead. :)

Nice that is a dream of mine when I get a green house, surrounded in chilli plants I don't really ask for to much do I? xD

• Like 1

Posted

Just sunk to a new low....or reached a new high. Poured another beer,sat in the greenhouse, thunder and lightning overhead. :)

That's the way JTay!  :drunk:

Edited by kumquat

Posted

All the electrical action seems to be pushing due north. Could be it for the likes of Bristol. All happening out to our east now.

Posted

Rather a decent display of fireworks this evening over Bmth. Now on its way off up country.thats it for today.

Wow 29.8mm of rain out of that, loving it the garden was bone dry.

Mapantz what you get?

• Like 1

Posted

So humid here still feels like its getting worse rather than better even though the wind and rain is here! I wish the lightning over south east would head this way!

Nice that is a dream of mine when I get a green house, surrounded in chilli plants I don't really ask for to much do I? xD

I have some good Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros growing in the greenhouse and I do not want 10cm hail smashing through the panes! Sometimes the weather just has to know who's boss :vava:

Posted

LOL sounds a treat John, it's good enough watching it from here with almost constant flashing at times now - mostly to the E/SE but occasionally nearer presumably being under the anvil here judging by the radar and occasional bursts of rain.

Posted

That's the way JTay!  :drunk:

Ha... the mrs is shouting out of the bedroom window... wtf are you doing???

... nothing dear

• Like 1

Posted

Ha... the mrs is shouting out of the bedroom window... wtf are you doing???

... nothing dear

Haha yeah - I know that feeling!

Posted

I have some good Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros growing in the greenhouse and I do not want 10cm hail smashing through the panes! Sometimes the weather just has to know who's boss :vava:

Nice I have some, Jigsaws, Pink Tigers, Bhut Jolkiea's, royal blacks and hot lemon habernero growing all fruiting now, also got a Kashmir Chilli growing for the powder to turn the curry a nice red colour,,, Ate a pink tiger today when it was green just turning purple as everyone I have ate so far green has been mild, how I was wrong after 25minutes of burn but its my own fault for starving the chillies of water for days to make them hotter!

I have my cam set up now, how humid is it? The rain is now something else but the lightning seems to have gone east of here which is a shame, seems like the winter snow took that path also! :( 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Constant lightning flashes, every second, but is well out to the East from here and heading NE Bone dry and still at 23c which is incredible . May stay up, but looks like nothing much more for this area. Looking good into Wilts & Gloucester.

Posted

Maybe I spoke too soon - heavy downpour again and flashes in the east - not heard a rumble yet.

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Over our house in the New Forest...no rain..just constant lightning and thunder...slipped past us to our west...:-)

• Like 1

Posted

Nice I have some, Jigsaws, Pink Tigers, Bhut Jolkiea's, royal blacks and hot lemon habernero growing all fruiting now, also got a Kashmir Chilli growing for the powder to turn the curry a nice red colour,,, Ate a pink tiger today when it was green just turning purple as everyone I have ate so far green has been mild, how I was wrong after 25minutes of burn but its my own fault for starving the chillies of water for days to make them hotter!

I have my cam set up now, how humid is it? The rain is now something else but the lightning seems to have gone east of here which is a shame, seems like the winter snow took that path also! :(

Ah - proper chilli connoisseur - I love it! My Bhut Jolokia's gave out on me real early this year. I think I starved them of water when a hot week of weather hit earlier than I expected and the damned timer spray hose failed when we were away. I'm really nurturing my remaining babys now. I do not want hail damage - see what they got in Durham this week? - incredible. Although, I kind of want to experience it, I don't want it causing me any long term grief.

Yep - could be one of those years again. Snow was just not happening around here, was it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Loads of flashes out to my e/se, very far away though, can hear distant thunder too. Close but no cigar for this part of the west country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Hit and miss as usual had distant thunder over towards Weymouth and a lot of sheet lightning and no rain, that's it then another non event!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Rather a decent display of fireworks this evening over Bmth. Now on its way off up country.thats it for today.

Wow 29.8mm of rain out of that, loving it the garden was bone dry.

Mapantz what you get?

Just 2.3mm here lol

Lot's of fire engines going out..

Edited by Mapantz