Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I don't see any negativity? The general consensus is, the worst of it looks to be away from the southwest.

I can't understand why you are saying that? The thunderstorms are to start in the south west...

Warnings updated..

attachicon.giflol.jpg

Haha, that's not even funny...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't understand why you are saying that? The thunderstorms are to start in the south west...

If you read my post again, i said "the worst of it"

Pretty much all the models and forecasts agree with that.

It might not pan out quite like that, but, as i said, that is the general consensus.

Posted

Warnings updated..

attachicon.giflol.jpg

Does South Glos, come under that warning, I haven't been following the weather for a short while now I could go look on the met office site but I'm being lazy with that also lol.

Posted

Does South Glos, come under that warning, I haven't been following the weather for a short while now I could go look on the met office site but I'm being lazy with that also lol.

It's not the real one.

We're still under the large blanket warning. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Our local weather has storms coming in from the south west but I still think they could pop up any where to be honest

It looks extremely scattered for the southern half, has done for the last couple of days to be honest.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I don't see any negativity? The general consensus is, the worst of it looks to be away from the southwest.

I was told to stop being negative with my thoughts on last 'Big' event that turned into some light patchy rain. :nonono:  I think people will be lucky if they see an occasional rumble of thunder for the most part in west country, it looks like a predominantly north and east of the west country event.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Hi all

Looks like the main bulk of the wet weather is heading towards Southern Ireland at the moment with something off the Cornwall coast, nothing to electrical about it at the moment, I wouldn't rule out some storms but the main focus seems to be the Midlands northwards

Fromey

• Like 1

Posted

Still 23.C it's been approx this temp all day meaning theres still a lot of heat out there however Im starting to agree if you want to see a good storm youre going to have to go north or east.

We can still hope they will happen though :)

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I was told to stop being negative with my thoughts on last 'Big' event that turned into some light patchy rain. :nonono:  I think people will be lucky if they see an occasional rumble of thunder for the most part in west country, it looks like a predominantly north and east of the west country event.

I'd gladly take one rumble of thunder, would be the first this summer! Fingers crossed but I won't be getting my hopes up to avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

Posted

Well its 9pm and if you look at ians latest forecast it suggests some small thunderstorms around by 9pm - 10pm before transferring north.

I know we shouldn't take literally the graphics but radar is very under par for us so far..   :nonono:

post-8911-0-71859700-1435953967_thumb.pn

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Honestly thought i'd be sat here watching all sorts bubbling up for those up north, but nothing so far....

Posted

Well its been a week long build up to this grand event after the last shocker but looking at the latest radar..

post-8911-0-26650300-1435955492_thumb.pn  post-8911-0-21116000-1435955520_thumb.jp

Posted

Cells are just starting to kick off across Dorset as they move north later could be in luck?

Although it has been overcast here most of the evening :( Still very humid though. Currently 25.1 in this room. Slight breeze outside but its not a cool breeze more like adding warm air in to the room! 

Posted

Cells are just starting to kick off across Dorset as they move north later could be in luck?

Although it has been overcast here most of the evening :( Still very humid though. Currently 25.1 in this room. Slight breeze outside but its not a cool breeze more like adding warm air in to the room!

Things are looking better in the skies here. It feels primed, more so than any other time, recently.

Posted

Small cluster of showers just moving north are of interest, lets see what they do zephyr and lets hope they get some explosive growth.  :D

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

That first one, to the west of Dorchester, is heading my way.  Not sure where the one heading for Portland will go though.  Off to look out of the appropriate window to see if anything important's happening...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

There's some intense rain in those blobs heading towards Portland. Hold onto your hats!

Posted

That first lot that is showing now between Somerton and Wincanton has gone right over me and produced nothing in the way of rain at all.

Posted

Area of developing storms between Weymouth-Guernsey is growing with each 5 min radar screen, looks like it will run up across Dorset-Somerset-Bristol so potentially excellent viewing from my part of Wiltshire towards the West. However I expect it to grow further and expand, possibly producing a lot more lightning by midnight than the precipitation area might suggest too.

Lyn, Mullender, Andy Pepler, and others, get ready!

(I am prepared to be wrong ! )

Also looking forward to a day out at Kingston Lacy tomorrow.

• Like 2