Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I look to my east and watch the storm that never touched us move away to the NE. I look to my west and in a clear night sky a perfect view of Venus & Jupiter shining brightly. Damn weather.

I was just looking at them too.

Bit of a bugger missing the action, but, the clouds were some of the best I've seen dor a long time- a real treat!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wow its unusual for me to be able to report a temperature of 18.1c  at 11pm at night.  :D

Lovely jubbly.  :)

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Something has been brewing since before 6pm and yet BBC weather have still not picked up on this four hours later:

post-992-0-46629600-1435701294_thumb.png

I want to cycle to work tomorrow and BBC say it should be dry, but they keep completely failing to forecast rain/storms (I am spotting at least one episode every week), so I just can't trust them to get it right.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Wow its unusual for me to be able to report a temperature of 18.1c  at 11pm at night.  :D

Lovely jubbly.  :)

21.4 here according to lavington schools weather station... Tonight is going to be hard to sleep.. Muggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

21.4 here according to lavington schools weather station... Tonight is going to be hard to sleep.. Muggy

I actually find I sleep fine with warmer nights its a novelty to be sat at home with shorts and t shirt and not be chilly.

House temperature is 23c currently which is perfect and it is now down to 17.5c outside so a slow fall.

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I actually find I sleep fine with warmer nights its a novelty to be sat at home with shorts and t shirt and not be chilly.

House temperature is 23c currently which is perfect and it is now down to 17.5c outside so a slow fall.

Wish my room temp was 23c, currently 30c in here, it's times like this I'm glad I have a fan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

21°C and 68% humidity outside.

22.5°C and 60% humidity inside.

I was experimenting with the shutter speed on my phone an hour ago, just before some massive drops of rain started falling.

Just 4, 8 and 30 second shots to see how they'd come out.

post-15177-0-81346200-1435704509_thumb.jpost-15177-0-80664900-1435704540_thumb.jpost-15177-0-80159600-1435704574_thumb.jpost-15177-0-33408300-1435704612_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Some amazing cloud formations and colours around sunset - black and purple - but only a few drops reached the ground and no ts here. Main event tomorrow!

Posted

Airless, still and v warm night. Then about 30 mins ago a fresh S breeze has kicked in nr coast so can now hopefully get some sleep! Surprisingly gusty out there.

Posted

About half cloud cover with Ci and Ac at two levels (some Cas.). Temp 15C and calm

Today

Temps 29C -35C central and SE England spreading north to as far as the Great Glen. Cornwall much lower at low 20sC. Later potential for violent thunder storms N. Wales, NW England and central and SW Scotland.

Edited by knocker

Posted

Overnight minimum 19.6°C at: 03:18 and currently 22.7°C, not far for it t climb to hit a new maxima for this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Some storms around the Exeter area and looks likely more widespread thundery showers west of the IOW this morning to mess my day up, I can't win at the moment working outside, to hot yesterday at 29c and this morning maybe wet as well!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

BBC Weather's 7am 'nowcast' completely wrong for the south-west, doesn't show any of the showers that have been peppering Cornwall/Devon/Somerset since 5am. The forecast still maintains it's going to remain dry here, but how can I trust them when it is are so wildly inaccurate at such short range?

Posted

BBC Weather's 7am 'nowcast' completely wrong for the south-west, doesn't show any of the showers that have been peppering Cornwall/Devon/Somerset since 5am. The forecast still maintains it's going to remain dry here, but how can I trust them when it is are so wildly inaccurate at such short range?

Yeah, they seem to be rubbish at updating their forecast for nowcasts, which ends up in them being rather far wrong as they haven't taken into account the latest developments from radar etc, and just rely on their older model data...

• Like 1

Posted

Wonder if I'll get lucky today and hear my first rumble of thunder so far this summer!

Posted

Looks like things are starting to get going here in the SW, and I'm very interested to see what that collection of showers just coming out of Northern France does and if it can produce for us!

As Jon Gill has said, there was a distant rumble of thunder here a couple of minutes ago - nothing since however.

Posted

Storm passed through here (Colyton) heading north towards Taunton. Fork lightning and short burst of heavy rain. Hazy sun now but can hear distant rumbles out over the channel. Could be fun. Fresher feel.

Posted

Had some rumbles here in Axminster about half hour ago followed by some large spots of rain but just cloudy now and according to the car it is 18c, warm for 9.25am but it doesnt feel muggy any more, is it going to be hot here....?

Posted

Had some rumbles here in Axminster about half hour ago followed by some large spots of rain but just cloudy now and according to the car it is 18c, warm for 9.25am but it doesnt feel muggy any more, is it going to be hot here....?

With this cloud cover and slight sea breeze I think we might max out at 22/23. Not bad but not the 35c they'll get at Wimbledon today!

Posted

Just boring old rain here at the moment, although it is warm rain which makes a change lol.

Posted

24c on car readout here, sounds about right as it is very warm out this morning.