Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick update, had a quick look at the 12z NMM output, and yes, an MCS is on the cards for tomorrow evening IMO.....deep layer shear, an abundance of SBCAPE & mixed layer CAPE, a warm moist air flow, strong 925hpa wind flow and a mesolow forming.....copious rainfall and plenty of lightning me thinks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

a quick update, had a quick look at the 12z NMM output, and yes, an MCS is on the cards for tomorrow evening IMO.....deep layer shear, an abundance of SBCAPE & mixed layer CAPE, a warm moist air flow, strong 925hpa wind flow and a mesolow forming.....copious rainfall and plenty of lightning me thinks

Where? Will that happen over here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'd actually disagree with this......storms this evening and overnight will become elevated, indeed I'd wager storms on the eastern flank of this complex are already elevated, as such surface heating (or lack of overnight) won't be a factor as it the middle trop that is/will destabalize

just to add though, in all likely hood, storms that fire tomorrow afternoon will be surface based (and potentially severe) and then in the evening a more organized complex of rain/storms will trundle north, and this will be elevated in nature.....I haven't checked the parameters for this more organized complex since yesterday, but as of yesterday it was in association with considerable deep layer shear and a strong LLJ which would be conducive to an MCS developing....(this might have changed though since my last model output perusal yesterday)

the 12z NMM should be out in the next few minutes/now so I'll have a look and post my thoughts for what they're worth a bit later

Thanks AJ, good to have your input as an alternative suggestion to my own.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks AJ, good to have your input as an alternative suggestion to my own.

yep the more viewpoints the merrier....after all, I could be waffling a load of old nonsense.....lol

• Like 2

Posted

if only it was dark you would be able to see the lightning from the south coast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Beginning to think Cornwall will miss most of the action now. Devon and Somerset in particular look to do very well imo. Not enough Easterly motion to drag storms this way. They turn quite easterly tomorrow but it seems the winds will have swung round to more southerly or south westerly in the upper levels before the rain arrives. We really need our weather to come off from terrestrail land (France) not the sea for any storms really.

Posted

Estofex have the entire region under a level 1 warning, and for us in Som/BANES and Wilts, a level 2 for tomorrow!!

http://estofex.org/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Estofex have the entire region under a level 1 warning, and for us in Som/BANES and Wilts, a level 2 for tomorrow!!

http://estofex.org/

No level 1 in the far W of Kernow. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Can someone tell me if pompey going to get some storms thanks

I think you're in a great place for some. I can't promise you'll definitely get one, but you'd be incredibly unlucky to miss out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Can someone tell me if pompey going to get some storms thanks

Do you have this Saturday's lottery numbers handy in return.  :gathering:

• Like 1

Posted

I really hope I can at least see some lightning or hear some thunder tonight, an overhead thunderstorm is a bonus! All I have now is dead calm, flipping sweltering and just black cloud to my S/SSE/SE but no flashes yet.

Posted

Radars check, Satellite imagery check, cool drink at hand check, now all we need now is Mother Nature to deliver the goods.

No despondency from me until Saturday has arrived when I won't seriously be peeing my hard-earned money up the wall on the lottery, best place for that is left in my pocket. Best place for storms will no doubt be elsewhere, but I am a half-full type of person so I best top my drink up then.  :D

Plenty of rainfall being the main certainty of the proceeding outlook for the next 24 to 36 hours.

Posted

Local ITV weather did mention possible storms for Devon and Somerset tonight , but I'm more interested in tomorrow. Hoping for more action in the afternoon as at work in the morn. Feeling quietly confident about tomorrow though. Got my hopes dashed to many times last year , so feel I'm due a good thunder event.

Posted

WNW progress on the band to the south is slowing, worryingly. I just hope something develops in the lyme bay area.

Posted

Definitely starting to look like a near miss for us here now. :( Bodmin East looks fine though.

Posted

fresh lightning strikes detected just off Berry Head, Brixham, elevated storms are developing readily in the English Channel

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted

just seen the radar woha that was not progged eh :) is it looking good aj ?? ..where is madpantz ..is he smelling a change in the air yet ?? :)

• Like 1

Posted

Cornwall is in a gap of nothingness right now. Why is this? Close to throwing in the towel for here but good luck everywhere else. Looked great for here until this afternoon. :(

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

anybody in lyme bay??

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

just seen the radar woha that was not progged eh :) is it looking good aj ?? ..where is madpantz ..is he smelling a change in the air yet ?? :)

Picking up a few sferics on my detector, around 30 miles away.

I'm not entirely convinced the electrical activity will continue if it gets here, but that rain looks tremendous!

• Like 2

Posted

First signs that parts of South Dorset, Southern Wiltshire and Hampshire and the IOW could get in on some action perhaps within the next hour or so. perfect timing for elevated bits if it works out as suggested. A few tips on places selected as where to watch viewpoints can be found at https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83325-storm-viewing-vantage-points/ if interested. Please feel free to add your own under the appropriate guidelines as discussed.