Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Interesting stats! I've hit 10 or above ten times since the 12th :laugh:

And on top of that you even had a day of lying snow. Costa del Wareham is some micro-climate.  :hi:

Temperature is up to 8.3°C now and we've had 6.2mm rain.  I really thought it would be more rain as it's been chucking it down since just after 11, but I guess that the wind bashing it against the windows gives a false impression of amount.

9mm here and still coming down, albeit the latter is from a second batch of precipitation. 

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Met office app has heavy snow for Monday! ?

Posted

Met office app has heavy snow for Monday! ?

We expect snow from heavy showers there... However, ignore E4 as we are following the GM (E4 too cold: WBFL 200m too low). Snow accumulation will be in combat with increasing late Feb insolation however, so settling mainly on uplands.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

What's the WBFL on the GM for tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I find the BBC graphics misleading, clearly showed snow over Cardiff stretching east over towards Bristol etc tomorrow morning yet the forecast is for rain?

Up until a few hours ago it showed sleet, which is probably nearer the mark. Lighter precipitation as rain but sleet and snow in heavier bursts, especially over higher ground. I'm wondering, are showers likely to be scattered or organised into streamers tomorrow?

Posted

:yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo:  

settling thick and fast

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just had a heavy shower with sleet and wet snow mixed in with the heavier bursts

• Like 1

Posted

1cm and still  falling, these are real hefty showers my met office app is all forgiven :D

• Like 2

Posted

Nice one mate, finally delivers for you lol!

Yes that first shower was huge it will be interesting to see if as temperature creeps up in next few hours if they continue to be of snow or we see a thaw?

0.7c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, about half an hour ago we had an insane snow shower, everything around here went from green and soggy to covered in a cm of the white stuff in about ten minutes. Hubby swears he heard a rumble of thunder in the distance - could it have been thunder snow? Sky turning black again.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So, have woken up to see the mendips White AND I slept through thundersnow according to my daughter :(

• Like 1

Posted

Morning, about half an hour ago we had an insane snow shower, everything around here went from green and soggy to covered in a cm of the white stuff in about ten minutes. Hubby swears he heard a rumble of thunder in the distance - could it have been thunder snow? Sky turning black again.....

If the forecast is correct jeth we could see a few more flakes today..  :D

post-8911-0-10900700-1424678667_thumb.pn post-8911-0-92959000-1424678693_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

If the forecast is correct jeth we could see a few more flakes today..  :D

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-23-07-55-18.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-23-07-55-31.png

Sods law I'm at work all day in low lying QC, to add insult to injury I've been asked to do some decorating, thinking it would get me out of the rain this week I accepted - I'll be stuck indoors in a gym with no windows. Poo!

On the plus side, my first grandchild was due yesterday, I've said all along it will be snowy when she arrives, hopefully my prediction will come true and it means she hurries up and arrives today  :D

• Like 1

Posted

So, have woken up to see the mendips White AND I slept through thundersnow according to my daughter :(

And there was me telling hubby it wasn't thunder, just his ancient ears picking up the sound of a lorry trundling down the road.

• Like 2

Posted

Sat in the office in Central Bristol and to the South over Dundry it's absolutely pitch black sky. Looks like a beefy shower about to hit.

Posted

Sat in the office in Central Bristol and to the South over Dundry it's absolutely pitch black sky. Looks like a beefy shower about to hit.

Yes a shower is just about to hit your area but it is the ones out to the west of UK that really look interesting, huge train of them building for 10 am onwards maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Surprised to encounter a very heavy snow (wet) shower on the way out of Warminster today - it had accumulated a good 1/2 cm very quickly... Now snowing again at the Uni on Bath. Not going to be epic, and this is the best we've had really but still way better than last year!

• Like 1