Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Geeze more snow?! 3 times in 1 week! That's my husbands dream that is ...

:acute:  Does your husband read your netweather forum comments. :gathering:  Precisely how much in CM (best go for non-imperial units to avoid dirty talk) am I to expect during these next expectations as judging by the charts posted up thread it might be my lucky night again then.  :clapping:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Bank ;)

Ditto

Posted

Lol, im actually 21 so its cool, i get that alot haha, tbh I was with my mate we went out to some forest which was amazing!

Don't worry Stormyking, you'll get used to our Winchester correspondent in the end, she's very hormonal at the moment.

Same problem here dude, i'm 20, but apparently i look 15 lol 

Coming from this 43 year old I'd say you should both make the most of it.  :D

Below is a picture of me and my mate when I went out last weekend, I'm the one on the right hand side of said picture, no really I am. A bit rough for a 43 year old I guess.

one_ugly_motherfucker__by_skynet_v2-d5ri

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I have a good chuckle every time I visit in here its ace!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Don't worry Stormyking, you'll get used to our Winchester correspondent in the end, she's very hormonal at the moment.

Coming from this 43 year old I'd say you should both make the most of it.  :D

Below is a picture of me and my mate when I went out last weekend, I'm the one on the right hand side of said picture, no really I am. A bit rough for a 43 year old I guess.

one_ugly_motherfucker__by_skynet_v2-d5ri

So that's what the beast from the east looks like...   :rofl:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 8

Posted

I'd like to see a 50 mile westwards correction on this potential streamer as it stands the same few will get a round two/three.  :aggressive:

Posted

Don't want to temper the enthusiasm in here but I agree with a comment from earlier regarding this next event, the marginality will return and is pretty much pretty forecast to do so more especially at first for CSE and the SE England. As the precipitation tracks Westwards come later tomorrow, a colder Easterly flow develops behind it so that might help, with stress on the might wording. As things stand, the intensity and timing of the arrival of the precipitation is of paramount importance if we are to generally avoid a sleetfest situation. Precipitation amounts don't tally up to much as far I can tell either but and it is a big BUT, we all know what surprises we've witnessed before when things are meant to be marginal in nature. 

A raw feeling wind from an Easterly source is the main ingredient of the weather during the next couple of days before a drier more pleasant feel to the weekend's weather. Next week remains uncertain but it appears to be a largely dry picture, hopefully with some abundant sunshine once any fog has lifted with cold frosty nights also a feature of the weather in the week ahead.

Posted

12z NMM seems to take it back east, London could get snow if its to be believed.

nmm_uk1-1-22-0.png?04-17

Set up I am looking in to, to get under the Bristol snow shield  :rofl:

puma-slider3.jpg

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep the GFS 12z also shows it further east than this morning. Coming out of the Wash/E Anglia and into Herts/Bucks/London/Hants. Patchier as it moves SW. 

post-15543-0-80067400-1423069362_thumb.g post-15543-0-71308000-1423069416_thumb.g post-15543-0-90257000-1423069427_thumb.g

Posted

Don't want to temper the enthusiasm in here but I agree with a comment from earlier regarding this next event, the marginality will return and is pretty much pretty forecast to do so more especially at first for CSE and the SE England. As the precipitation tracks Westwards come later tomorrow, a colder Easterly flow develops behind it so that might help, with stress on the might wording. As things stand, the intensity and timing of the arrival of the precipitation is of paramount importance if we are to generally avoid a sleetfest situation. Precipitation amounts don't tally up to much as far I can tell either but and it is a big BUT, we all know what surprises we've witnessed before when things are meant to be marginal in nature. 

A raw feeling wind from an Easterly source is the main ingredient of the weather during the next couple of days before a drier more pleasant feel to the weekend's weather. Next week remains uncertain but it appears to be a largely dry picture, hopefully with some abundant sunshine once any fog has lifted with cold frosty nights also a feature of the weather in the week ahead.

There seems to be a number of mentions about this easterly, yet my 5 dayer from the MO suggest I'll get a north easterly at best, before going back northerly?

Was actually pleasant walking home earlier in the late afternoon sun, even with just a t shirt and hoodie!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Yep the GFS 12z also shows it further east than this morning. Coming out of the Wash/E Anglia and into Herts/Bucks/London/Hants. Patchier as it moves SW. 

attachicon.gifbucks,herts, london.gif attachicon.gif1zp.gif attachicon.gif16zp.gif

Some PPN in Wales and the south west if that last frame is to be believed.

Posted

There seems to be a number of mentions about this easterly, yet my 5 dayer from the MO suggest I'll get a north easterly at best, before going back northerly?

Was actually pleasant walking home earlier in the late afternoon sun, even with just a t shirt and hoodie!

Yes, it is only said to effect the far South of England as far as I can tell so that probably rules out Devon and Cornwall for instance. Might well feel pleasant enough (still only 6c max though) on the North coast of Cornwall for example. Best wait for the tv forecasts to confirm this latter prediction.

Posted

Some PPN in Wales and the south west if that last frame is to be believed.

Indeed, obviously less cold air to the Far West, compared to the East and arrival time will be key. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

attachicon.gifbucks,herts, london.gif attachicon.gif1zp.gif attachicon.gif16zp.gif

Really not excited about tomorrow. It's arriving at the worst possible time, midday! And it looks marginal as well. We will probably see some light snow here but none will settle and it'll probably turn sleety during late afternoon :(

Posted

Really not excited about tomorrow. It's arriving at the worst possible time, midday! And it looks marginal as well. We will probably see some light snow here but none will settle and it'll probably turn sleety during late afternoon :(

we would be glad of some sleety wet snow, how your recent fortunes have made you greedy :diablo:  :aggressive:

Doesn't look that exciting to be honest?! I think ice will be more of an issue than anything else..

attachicon.gif15020512_0412.gifattachicon.gif15020518_0412.gif

attachicon.gifviewimage.pngattachicon.gifviewimage (2).png

Does it pass through Bristol/somerset or does it just part like the red sea over us again?

Posted

12z NMM seems to take it back east, London could get snow if its to be believed.

nmm_uk1-1-22-0.png?04-17

Set up I am looking in to, to get under the Bristol snow shield  :rofl:

puma-slider3.jpg

Hate to ruin your idea but you need -5c to operate those and I don't see Bristol getting that low currently :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Interesting that those charts show the ppn as snow in the south and rain in the north, don't see that very often!

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting that those charts show the ppn as snow in the south and rain in the north, don't see that very often!

Courtesy of the cold air coming in from the East, -10c uppers closeby. Less cold to the north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

When are the winds starting to veer to the easterly? As we are still drawing in from n/ws according to the local weather station?

Posted

Looks like rain for eastern areas, definitely if it reaches IMBY.

High of 5.9 today.....when was the cold spell supposed to start? Hehe

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like rain for eastern areas, definitely if it reaches IMBY.

High of 5.9 today.....when was the cold spell supposed to start? Hehe

Let me just ask what's left of the snowdog...

What's that snowdog?? It started on your birthday... Good snowdog. :p