Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

I think the rapid snow thaw shows how warm the ground temperatures are. Although it has been colder than last winter (not hard to beat that though lol) with several hard or even severe frosts there hasn't been a consistent run of them to freeze the ground enough for it to keep snow cover.

Late Thursday through until Saturday reminds me of March 2013 with a bitter Easterly wind between HIGH to the North and LOW to the South, so I'm expecting a lot of cloud, high windchill and snow flurries moving quickly East to West and not much settling of the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What a difference a few hours makes. From 5cm to barely a dusting now. 4.4c and sunny spells. Rather pleasant.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is all that's left??!! You are kidding me :( :( :(

I'm just leaving Leicester on the coach now, the dusting we had this morning has vanished into thin air, all of it.

I thought i'd come back to Ox to see a few cm's on the ground still. What a joke.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'm just leaving Leicester on the coach now, the dusting we had this morning has vanished into thin air, all of it.

I thought i'd come back to Ox to see a few cm's on the ground still. What a joke.

At least you were lucky enough to see it falling though, we saw didly squat over here!

• Like 1

Posted

At least you were lucky enough to see it falling though, we saw didly squat over here!

Yeah i guess! I should be more grateful but it suckd to think that I wasn't in Ox on the night they get 5cm and the day after when I go back, They have nothing left :( cruel.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yup, mostly gone mate.. Roads/Pavements fine now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

We still have snow in areas where the sun has not got to.

Other than that it's been a lovely winters day, can't complain ☺ï¸

Posted

well woke this morning to around 2 inchs of snow. what a superb radar watch evening was had by all.

Understand the frustration of those who watched as it passed them by with nothing been there many times before.

Not looking good for tonight , but then we were sat here last night thinking the same.

wonderfull thing the weather and especially predicting snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

Yes game set and match for us :wallbash:

never thought I'd say it but I just want spring now this winter has been a bore fest.

Aww Beka you break my heart :doh: You will have to ask Ian to set you up with Richard anguin as its his photo :rofl:

Nah!!!! Lots of Feb and the whole of March to go through yet. The hunt for snow continues until 1st of April when the hunt for warmth begins, but that's a long way off yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

We have a potent snow streamer setting up shop here with snow falling for the last hour or so, moderate to heavy. Accumulations are very small at this time but as the temperature drops things could get interesting later this evening. And I note from the radar there's plenty more upstream for us too, not wanting to sound greedy or anything  :cold:  :spiteful:

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 5

Posted

Awww i'm broody! "geddit"? Broody hahha! Awww can't wait to have fun with the wee characters.

I highly recommend them, such friendly girls, I pick them up and cuddle them, my 4 and 8 year old kiddies do as well, and the eggs are to die for.

They are not like birds, more like a Veloceraptor towards dogs and cats. Its the way they look at them ( wanna a piece of me? Do ya Do ya !! ? :ninja:  )  .... They have my big dog and 3 cats totally spooked :shok: . I don't have to get up at 5 or any earlier for them either, they are not fussy, as long as they have food and water they are happy and giving good eggs ( I only have two so they are no problem. Called Maud and Mabel )

The fox is the only animal that would hurt them.

Ah yes its currently 2 degrees outside with a North by NW breeze feeling like -2 in the wind chill. Chance of snow ? :search:Oh and its a full moon .. :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

We have a potent snow streamer setting up shop here with snow falling for the last hour or so, moderate to heavy. Accumulations are very small at this time but as the temperature drops things could get interesting later this evening. And I note from the radar there's plenty more upstream for us too, not wanting to sound greedy or anything  :cold:  :spiteful:

Snow falling in Jersey, that's when you know it's cold!

• Like 2

Posted

I highly recommend them, such friendly girls, I pick them up and cuddle them, my 4 and 8 year old kiddies do as well, and the eggs are to die for.

They are not like birds, more like a Veloceraptor towards dogs and cats. Its the way they look at them ( wanna a piece of me? Do ya Do ya !! ? :ninja:  )  .... They have my big dog and 3 cats totally spooked :shok: . I don't have to get up at 5 or any earlier for them either, they are not fussy, as long as they have food and water they are happy and giving good eggs ( I only have two so they are no problem. Called Maud and Mabel )

The fox is the only animal that would hurt them.

Ah yes its currently 2 degrees outside with a North by NW breeze feeling like -2 in the wind chill. Chance of snow ? :search:Oh and its a full moon .. :whistling:

Awww. I went on a chicken keeping course when I was pregnant with little lady about 3 yrs or so ago but never got chickens what with having a newborn - finishing pond project etc - so I was ready to get this year then got pregnant again lol! Part of putting it off is that I want a really big area for them to be in too and not just a hutch and small run sorta thing. I would love to free range but I would be scared about them finding a small gap into the neighbours and my previous flowers and veggie patch!! LOL. Can't wait though :)Not looking forward to attending to them on cold winter days though brrrr.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Awfully quiet on here? Have all the snow lamppost watching late night curtain twitchers turned in early after the snowfest regional thread party last night? Or is it just another calm before Thursday?

Lovely day today / wished I got some photos ...oh well I've heard I may have another opportunity soon? Hope so! Night night All sweet snow dreams

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nice full moon out  there with Jupiter very near.  Temperature -0.4c. Wind chill -2.9c. Dew Point -3.8c.  Apparent -4.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

What a great day! I'm absolutely knackered though.

I wasn't planning on staying up. But, I couldn't help myself after the snow started teeming down. Good shout by Aj yesterday.. Prompted me to take another look at the charts and look at what was sinking south- no model gave anything for here, and 4cm fell. My needs are fulfilled now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Few panoramics i tried doing with the phone. Some nice wintry scenes.  :)

post-15543-0-98730900-1423004833_thumb.j post-15543-0-57169500-1423004935_thumb.j 

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Nah!!!! Lots of Feb and the whole of March to go through yet. The hunt for snow continues until 1st of April when the hunt for warmth begins, but that's a long way off yet

This is true, might only be 4 weeks left of winter but you have all of March for possible snowfall too although by then I think I'd rather see some spring warmth but I certainly wouldn't say no if some cold, snowy weather wanted to pay me a visit during that month.

Posted

This is true, might only be 4 weeks left of winter but you have all of March for possible snowfall too although by then I think I'd rather see some spring warmth but I certainly wouldn't say no if some cold, snowy weather wanted to pay me a visit during that month.

Might finally see a dusting mate! Ian just tweeted that some parts of the region will see light snow early hours.

Posted

Might finally see a dusting mate! Ian just tweeted that some parts of the region will see light snow early hours.

Bristol Snow Shield 2.0 will come in to effect it will push it east of here or it will split over Bristol only to rebuild as it moves south.

Just checked 18z NMM  :cray: looks like the Munch4 eat's it

nmm_uk1-1-14-0.png?03-23

nmm_uk1-1-15-0.png?03-23

Edited by Zephyr