Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick L

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Carry on here with SW/S Central weather chat!

thanks Nick  :smile:

hard to describe the exact weather here currently, so I'll go for 'heavy snizzle'....lol

lots of very fine flakes, a covering in place

temps rising slowly now -1.4

new line of PPn appeared

keep watching folks

So close,  :laugh:  it's so painful, good luck to everyone else who gets snow

post-10638-0-50455700-1422921104_thumb.p

Wondering whether this is worth staying up a bit longer for, to see the start. It's taking its time but I would like to see falling snow again.

So close,  :laugh:  it's so painful, good luck to everyone else who gets snow

attachicon.gifProzac.png

What are the chances of this coming to somerset?

Good 3-4cm now

Still coming down nicely? Radar looks great for Oxford! I'm heading into dustingsville now, A.K.A Leicester :rofl:

SNOWING. If it keeps up like this, I'd suggest 2 to 3 inches is on the cards by morning for a few of us in the right locations, well happy with this currently. Two SNOW days within ten minutes of each other then, tick tick tick, 12am yet?

I love this forum - a bit if filth, some snow, a bit more filth and then some good-natured weather banter. What more could anyone ask for? Thanks to everyone for joining in - good luck with your snow hunt.

Still coming down nicely? Radar looks great for Oxford! I'm heading into dustingsville now, A.K.A Leicester :rofl:

On uksnowmap all the Oxon tweets are saying 8/10 or 9/10. Boy, did you pick the wrong night to go away!

Arrggghhh!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I know the feeling!

Sugar dusting in Stroud :) all surfaced covered though :) should be a beautiful morning :)

Light snow here which is trying to settle and has done on the usual favoured spots although we did have a brief heavier burst that started to stick everywhere. Looks like Oxford has nailed it pretty well again, think we may have this on and off for the next hour may end up with a nice dusting :) 

Amazing how this has turned out, wasn't expecting anything today at all. 

On uksnowmap all the Oxon tweets are saying 8/10 or 9/10. Boy, did you pick the wrong night to go away!

I know :rofl: I would love to be in Oxford right now but i'm going up to Leicester for good reason, a funeral! There is a dusting here but the radar looks like Oxford is in the absolute sweet spot

Magical!! Delighted :-)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Is it me or does that bin lid picture look like a giant snow covered fondant fancy? :D

I know :rofl: I would love to be in Oxford right now but i'm going up to Leicester for good reason, a funeral! There is a dusting here but the radar looks like Oxford is in the absolute sweet spot

Is it me or does that bin lid picture look like a giant snow covered fondant fancy? :D

Oh, well, commiserations, then. Hope it all goes off well.

I am hugely jealous of Oxford and Leighton Buzzard tonight. Would we call this a Humber streamer then - or what? - that produces ppn right across the broadest stretch of the country in such dry air in a northerly? I am bemused... :cc_confused:

Might have to make this into a screen saver given that the precipitation is likely to be ALL snow.  :shok:

post-7183-0-84532600-1422921985_thumb.pn

All the more remarkable given our despondency over the recent sleet events of past days. It does seem that all our negative thoughts are soon to turn into positive ones. I pray that most in this region get as much SNOW as they can handle by the morning.  :drinks:

Start settling here now and the speed picking up!

Can you lot share the snow please. . . .pretty please :-)