Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Probably be just rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well we could have a rinse and repeat!!

Last weekend we had my daughters 7 th bday party. The thing is it finished at 5.45am. So you and all come rounding if you like!! Lol

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

cheers Paul ,here we go again ,marginal ,localised, very localised ,transient ,wintry mix ,all possible of course :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Ok, see the sentence below, I'm going to replace all those nasty words that keep coming up with something better:

So:

This week will see marginal conditions with potential for a transient wintry mix. These events will be localised.

becomes:

This week will see Arctic conditions with 100% certainty for a prolonged snow festival. These events will be everywhere.

If only........ :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Ok, see the sentence below, I'm going to replace all those nasty words that keep coming up with something better:

So:

This week will see marginal conditions with potential for a transient wintry mix. These events will be localised.

becomes:

This week will see Arctic conditions with 100% certainty for a prolonged snow festival. These events will be everywhere.

If only........ :)

love it ,perfect

Posted

It is bamboozling how hard it is to get proper cold in this country given our latitude. I feel like £&@! profusely. We are still under a snow warning all is not lost, the straws are in short supply - ECM is yuk. It might as well be a Bartlett high it will take some time budging eroding more and more time.

Hopefully this transpires: Snow showers will continue to affect many eastern and northeastern parts of the UK through Wednesday. The focus of showers is likely to transfer from eastern Scotland to parts of eastern and southeastern England, as well as some central areas of England, through the day. Some heavy snow showers are possible. Local accumulations of 1-3 cm are likely away from immediate coasts, with locally more than this over higher ground such as the North York Moors and Lincolnshire Wolds.

On the matrix confidence is quite high for this. I would not say winter is over yet, start of Jan was looking trash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

I don't know why this Winter has felt like a real boring one for weather, even though I have watched a decent 30 minute snow event.

IMO this coming week would have been IDEAL for running, but I'm injured and I can't even do that....like others have said, roll on spring, I need to get running up in the hills again week days

Posted

I don't know why this Winter has felt like a real boring one for weather, even though I have watched a decent 30 minute snow event.

IMO this coming week would have been IDEAL for running, but I'm injured and I can't even do that....like others have said, roll on spring, I need to get running up in the hills again week days

Models/Charts have been predicting really exciting weather conditions but the actual weather has turned out disappointing and quite boring!

Posted

The 12z models are about as bad as it gets this winter.

Could be calling time at the bar by the middle of next week-

As that taking them at face value steve? Cos I just keep thinking about Tamara's posts I'm the mod thread wrt the back ground signals.

As that taking them at face value steve? Cos I just keep thinking about Tamara's posts I'm the mod thread wrt the back ground signals.

With respect, all the winter forecasts are a bust including mine. Tamaras, well - how can I put this. Those background signals, are still.... background signals. The foreground signal is that it doesn't look good. Its all very good having the capacity to present the detailed analysis however it doesn't mean they are correct.

The AO has been a total fail this Winter.

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

To be fair to Tamara she is very knowledgeable and posts interesting posts.....but most of what she has previously posted has not gone on to happen.

To be honest....I am looking forward to spring now. Cold without snow is just expensive on the heating without any fun. A pleasant 21c day is becoming an increasingly more pleasant thought by the day.

Posted

It is bamboozling how hard it is to get proper cold in this country given our latitude. I feel like £&@! profusely. We are still under a snow warning all is not lost, the straws are in short supply - ECM is yuk. It might as well be a Bartlett high it will take some time budging eroding more and more time.

Hopefully this transpires: Snow showers will continue to affect many eastern and northeastern parts of the UK through Wednesday. The focus of showers is likely to transfer from eastern Scotland to parts of eastern and southeastern England, as well as some central areas of England, through the day. Some heavy snow showers are possible. Local accumulations of 1-3 cm are likely away from immediate coasts, with locally more than this over higher ground such as the North York Moors and Lincolnshire Wolds.

On the matrix confidence is quite high for this. I would not say winter is over yet, start of Jan was looking trash.

Well, if enough ice from Greenland and Canada melts and shuts off the thermohaline conveyor (whatever happened to that member?) and thus the North Atlantic Drift, we might get conditions you'd think were more appropriate to our latitude. Until then, the easiest option for snow lovers would be to move to Norway.

Posted

With respect, all the winter forecasts are a bust including mine. Tamaras, well - how can I put this. Those background signals, are still.... background signals. The foreground signal is that it doesn't look good. Its all very good having the capacity to present the detailed analysis however it doesn't mean they are correct.

The AO has been a total fail this Winter.

S

C

Thanks for the reply mate, I do think there a good few options on the table still, but we shall see.

Temp here 2.8c

Dewpoint -4c

F

Going to be a cold one!!

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

There seemed to be plenty of snow showers knocking about on the chart for this coming Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday for our part of the world on the latest weekly forecast by Nick Miller on Countryfile a few minutes ago. I would imagine things will be less marginal by that stage too. He did mention the words 'could be disruptive', so compared to some other parts of the UK this region certainly has the most interest with regards to snow for the coming week.

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted

The Countryfile weather was quite interesting. Nick Miller mentioned chances of snow from Monday evening onwards for SE England. More especially Tuesday night into Wed as the wind veers round to the N/E. He even mentioned the chance of heavy snow showers and disruptive snow for the SE England including London. No mention of a wintry mix. But the temps are 6c for most of the week, so surely marginal, or do you think these temps will be lower closer to the time?

Posted

The Countryfile weather was quite interesting. Nick Miller mentioned chances of snow from Monday evening onwards for SE England. More especially Tuesday night into Wed as the wind veers round to the N/E. He even mentioned the chance of heavy snow showers and disruptive snow for the SE England including London. No mention of a wintry mix. But the temps are 6c for most of the week, so surely marginal, or do you think these temps will be lower closer to the time?

The 6c will be for central london mid afternoon...... more likely to be 3-4 outside of London

Posted

From Fergie over on South West thread when asked about their snow potential for tomorrow and Tuesday

No problems anticipated. Scotland/NI/Some parts N England issue re that occlusion. No real snow problems forseen this week for W Country but Thurs could be a tad bothersome over to SE parts.

:good:  of course plenty of time to change.

Posted

The 6c will be for central london mid afternoon...... more likely to be 3-4 outside of London

any thing better them we  getting at  the  moment  we need  the wind in the east  for good snow!!!