Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny start again here. It won't last long by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Two days of heavy snow, 3 sightings of the Aurora Borealis and a shooting star. Doesn't get better than that!!!

Now forget snow and stars, the aurora is worth more than anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Here in Chelmsford we seemed to have squeezed out a fine and sunny morning. Cloudy with spots of rain now, but a much better day than expected.

Parts of the region have made it to around 10C today, though they will fall back to average under the rain band.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been very windy at times today, the rain hasn't got here yet but it's not far away, very dark. Had quite a sunny morning, got over cast about 2 hours ago. Temp 5.8

Edit: first drops falling now.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

weird range of weather today, this morning it was lovely and mild with some sunshine, got talking to the bloke in the supermarket and he said spring is on its way, i said it was meant to get colder but it didn't looklike it, anyway, famous last words, came out of there and it was now windy and chilly and sleety then this afternoon its been raining a lot and the wind is stronger although nowhere near galeforce, and its generally dim and miserable again.Quite cold now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Doesn't look like on radar it will stop raining before the wave low comes over, at least it's mostly light stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

been working in my local shop today fitting new cctv cameras on their roofs, been light raining for hours now, absolutely drenched!!!!!!!!

Posted

Afternoon all, still quiet here despite even the radio 4 forecast this morning holding out the possibility of a wintery shower. It is certainly feeling colder than of late, though I am not sure if it's cold enough for any wintery stuff.

FC

Posted

Apparently, living near the Chilterns', I "could" get a dusting tonight.

Not sure if they meant icing sugar, but I wait with baited breath.

Posted

Hi all,

Back from a welcomed stay at Hayling Island, generally nice weather some surprising harsh frosts -4C minima consecutively on tuesday & wednesday. Which did surprise me although once the sun came out, it warmed up accordingly - yesterday was a washout Ducks were having a splendid time.

Back to the latest weather news I have not had a look in a week or so, I'll get to it. :)

Looking forward to EastEnders tonight it has really hooked me this week...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

just got back from a wicked trip to Nordkapp in the Arctic circle with my mate stuart and his dog, we hired a big motor home and drove 5000 miles from brighton to nordkapp and back in 9 days, all for a snow fix as we not getting any resently.

IMAG0321_zpsuhhk4wdt.jpg

IMAG0293_zpsfyu3lnjd.jpg

IMAG0286_zpsd6s2gzyq.jpg

IMAG0287_zps4yzw5h7u.jpg

IMAG0282_zpsj9ytgjmr.jpg

IMAG0268_zpsueptqypj.jpg

IMAG0252_zpsibxjts3h.jpg

IMAG0210_zpspseje5lf.jpg

IMAG0192_zps0iufegcf.jpg

IMAG0206_zpszvda2dmd.jpg

I recommend it to anyone who wants to see the snow, 1800 miles of the 5000 was on pure snow and ice with out any tarmac in sight :)

we had a monster arctic blizzard hit us over night, how we and the van survied the night i will never know, this is a short clip of the weather next morning when it had died down a lot

http://youtu.be/KmfZ2R-TrDI

Edited by kingdeacon

Posted

Apparently, living near the Chilterns', I "could" get a dusting tonight.

Not sure if they meant icing sugar, but I wait with baited breath.

What is your elevation above sea level?

Quite possible esp for the Chilterns by looking at the Euro4 DPs are not great circa 2C implying it will be more likely rain, for the bulk of the night E4 has been wrong before but in this scenario it seems about right, come 6am it turns more favourable as we progress into the morning, but then it warms up and it turns slim. All familiar.

post-19153-0-10614900-1424446606_thumb.jpost-19153-0-85293300-1424446690_thumb.jpost-19153-0-62809900-1424446719_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

What is your elevation above sea level?

Quite possible esp for the Chilterns by looking at the Euro4 DPs are not great circa 2C implying it will be more likely rain, for the bulk of the night E4 has been wrong before but in this scenario it seems about right, come 6am it turns more favourable as we progress into the morning, but then it warms up and it turns slim. All familiar.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Somewhere between 77 & 112 meters, apparently.

If Luton does well, I tend to here.

Posted

Somewhere between 77 & 112 meters, apparently.

If Luton does well, I tend to here.

I see in with a chance, my crappy 6.9m is rather dull but I am situated on a floodplain.

I'd suggest you check this out if you wanted to know your ASL

just pop in your postcode: http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm

post-19153-0-03137500-1424449285_thumb.jpost-19153-0-68599000-1424449413_thumb.j

Posted

just got back from a wicked trip to Nordkapp in the Arctic circle with my mate stuart and his dog, we hired a big motor home and drove 5000 miles from brighton to nordkapp and back in 9 days, all for a snow fix as we not getting any resently.

IMAG0321_zpsuhhk4wdt.jpg

IMAG0293_zpsfyu3lnjd.jpg

IMAG0286_zpsd6s2gzyq.jpg

IMAG0287_zps4yzw5h7u.jpg

IMAG0282_zpsj9ytgjmr.jpg

IMAG0268_zpsueptqypj.jpg

IMAG0252_zpsibxjts3h.jpg

IMAG0210_zpspseje5lf.jpg

IMAG0192_zps0iufegcf.jpg

IMAG0206_zpszvda2dmd.jpg

I recommend it to anyone who wants to see the snow, 1800 miles of the 5000 was on pure snow and ice with out any tarmac in sight :)

we had a monster arctic blizzard hit us over night, how we and the van survied the night i will never know, this is a short clip of the weather next morning when it had died down a lot

http://youtu.be/KmfZ2R-TrDI

where was my invite?

Posted

Dry and cloudy all day here, beer and Game of thrones for this evening. Good times.

Posted

Rain, rain, rain all day in Hailsham. About an inch of rain in the 24 hours to 8 a.m. and I don't think it will be much less for tomorrow morning's reading.