Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Thick Fog here since 9pm last night, couldn't see more than 20m infront & this morning looks the same so drive safely all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Murky start here, the sun is trying to come through though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yesterdays weather was lovely till about 5pm that's when the fog came in here, this morning it's cold and still slightly foggy but the SW wind is trying to move it on now. Temp up to 5.7 now. 

Birds say spring is coming, bulbs say spring is coming, my gut though says there's more winter to come, I've never had the nuro virus so late in the winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Yesterdays weather was lovely till about 5pm that's when the fog came in here, this morning it's cold and still slightly foggy but the SW wind is trying to move it on now. Temp up to 5.7 now. 

Birds say spring is coming, bulbs say spring is coming, my gut though says there's more winter to come, I've never had the nuro virus so late in the winter.

I was every tempted to purchase some plants yesterday but like you i have a feel one bite at winter will happen, let alone some hard frosts, which to be fair frosts into early May can and have happened in the past so probably a good job I held fire.

...Just with the sun out yesterday afternoon I got into the spirit of things lol

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-72797900-1424099609_thumb.j

Bit like that here ....had a lovely frost in MK at midnight but it was gone by this morning !

Oh and for those of you wondering about the snowcup.....it looks like a win for Boston  :angel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/31479864

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'd be getting a little twitchy, eastern coastal areas be warned! The 20th, 21st and 22nd of February have some very high tides with the 21st February being the highest tide for most in a 20 year bracket from 2008 - 2026. The tide at Avonmouth for example is due to be 10cm higher than the very high tide of last September (which is number 3 in the top ten). from TWO.

This is concerning as the latest runs do exactly what you do not want to happen. I did post a few days ago highlighting this, definitely worth a watch as the ECM & GFS would result in bad coastal flooding.

More details to come, chart to illustrate this.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That chart would not be a big deal for the East of England. Nowhere near the level of early December 2013. Avonmouth also has a huge tidal range, so 10cms there equates to far less of a tide difference for most other areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A thoroughly wet evening last night, much better this morning with clear blue skies.

A job interview and an evening shift today, so much for a peaceful birthday  :rofl:

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A thoroughly wet evening last night, much better this morning with clear blue skies.

A job interview and an evening shift today, so much for a peaceful birthday  :rofl:

Happy birthday and good luck with the job interview !

Frosty start here first thing, had to get the de-icer out again to clear the windscreen  :cold:

Happy Pancake day - apparently we are all going to get battered......

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/558591/Harsh-weather-heads-to-Britain-80mph-storms

:angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Loverly morning! Feels like spring is almost here, id rather have this then clouds but I would rather have snow this time of year but beggars cant be choosers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yesterdays photo session of the sunset over Compton bay by Freshwater!

10959848_10204887711771487_2422704232342

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Now that the black ice has cleared, it is a lovely day here in Brighton. Seeing the summer weather in Dunedin last night on the cricket, makes me hope for Spring to roll on. (That is unless we can get a cold spell yielding significant settling snow in March but I think that is unlikely with current background signals)

Posted

It's been a gorgeous sunny day in London. At lunchtime a fair proportion of the population seemed to think spring had arrived and were sitting outside with their sandwiches and coffees.

Posted

A lot of warm, Spring-like sunshine in Essex today. The occasional cool wind, along with the rapidly-dropping temperature as it got past 4pm, was a reminder that it's still winter!

Worth mentioning that tonight I've recorded the highest ever air pressure (since my records began Sept 2013) - 1042.5mb and still rising.

Posted

A lot of warm, Spring-like sunshine in Essex today. The occasional cool wind, along with the rapidly-dropping temperature as it got past 4pm, was a reminder that it's still winter!

Worth mentioning that tonight I've recorded the highest ever air pressure (since my records began Sept 2013) - 1042.5mb and still rising.

yikes

Posted

Been a lovely day today, nice and sunny, felt warm, now clear sky, but cold with a frost forming. Very strong high over us at the moment. Temp 3.6 pressure 1041.05, has dropped from a max of 1041.25

Posted

Sunny start with a widespread frost here.

Posted

Sunny start here, but the air seems quite unstable now. Got feathery looking cloud moving slowly west up high, then lower small cumulus moving NE. Temp 7.8

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

It's been sunny all day here, temperatures reaching double figures, around 10C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Warm and sunny day here today, shame it all goes tits up from tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Certainly getting my snow fix at the moment, in Iceland.

Two days of heavy snow, 3 sightings of the Aurora Borealis and a shooting star. Doesn't get better than that!!!