Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

In this period they will be higher than usual equating to a higher risk of coastal flooding. T240 chart posted could result in extensive flooding at high tide, not quite sure about a storm surge - as the low crosses west to east to the north of Scotland as it did on December 5th as low pulls away winds veer more NW'ly, this funnels turbulent water towards UK soil. Some areas will be under fire. This raises the sea level here's a fact: 1 millibar change in pressure gives 1cm change in sea level. It also displaces water southwards with high winds the seas will be whipped up and angry, 2013/2014 although fairly disturbed had nothing crazy synoptically. It was just how it seemed to sustain.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Chart is perhaps not the best example but you can see the concern, more so for the wash northwards. At this timeframe not worth worrying about, but it ought to be watched closely

Based on what though Daniel, a T240 chart ?

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Based on what though Daniel, a T240 chart ?

Indeed but hey ho for future reference - I've known the models to perform well when it comes to these depressions.

Posted

Indeed but hey ho for future reference - I've known the models to perform well when it comes to these depressions.

10 days ahead ?   I would leave that tosh to the likes of Nathan Rao and the Daily Express to be honest.

Posted

Quite a striking image what you see is a night photograph taken by a satellite, with the focus on London you can easily identify M25 circling capital, no wonder the light pollution is bad. As you go out of London it turns more rural, with greenbelts, still smaller pulses of light displaying clusters of bigger towns but much more sporadic.

post-19153-0-27935900-1423777062_thumb.j

10 days ahead ? I would leave that tosh to the likes of Nathan Rao and the Daily Express to be honest.

He needs to put his feet up. :) Edited by Daniel*

Posted

post-19153-0-95834000-1423778253_thumb.jpost-19153-0-49863000-1423778109_thumb.jpost-19153-0-73239900-1423778225_thumb.j

Meaningful rainfall exciting... day for Brollies and what have you, from 2pm onwards the sliding low pressure will clear by the early hours - some places will be unscathed, Saturday is looking dry and cloudy, top temp 9c in towns/cities. Not inspiring. The only precipitation, I've had this month has been in snow form.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the low cloud has gone at least today. Partly cloudy at the moment here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I have sunshine today so far, wont last long.

I wonder what facts and worries we will learn of today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Quite a striking image what you see is a night photograph taken by a satellite, with the focus on London you can easily identify M25 circling capital, no wonder the light pollution is bad. As you go out of London it turns more rural, with greenbelts, still smaller pulses of light displaying clusters of bigger towns but much more sporadic.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

He needs to put his feet up. :)

Something I love about flying is at night when you see big cities go to small suburbs, go villages, go to nothingness with the occasional speck of light. When you fly over places like the 'Stans and Africa and don't see a single light for ages makes you realise how vast our earth is, which when you consider how insignificant it is in relation to the rest of the universe is quite awe inspiring really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

There will indeed be very high spring tides on 21/22 of this month and very slightly bigger ones around 22/23 March. As has been pointed out these are mostly because of the time of year - near the equinox -although we are at a peak of an 18.something year tidal cycle which increases the heights of big spring tides.

The highest natural tides "for decades" will be around 29/30 September this year, if anyone remembers by then.

There's nothing in the charts that I'm seeing this morning that are overly concerning for next weekend. :) Might be worth a trip to the seaside though.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wet not as windy as I expected, doesn't feel as bad as xc weather shows for sure. Has been warmer all day with some sun showing up too at times before the rain arrived. Rain is mostly light at the moment.

Posted

Something I love about flying is at night when you see big cities go to small suburbs, go villages, go to nothingness with the occasional speck of light. When you fly over places like the 'Stans and Africa and don't see a single light for ages makes you realise how vast our earth is, which when you consider how insignificant it is in relation to the rest of the universe is quite awe inspiring really.

I have a little fear of flying even though I'm fascinated by it does that make sense? I think it was about 7 years ago we were going over the Pyrenees destination Madrid and then sudden the aircraft went on a spasm, turbulence was quite severe, was awful it really scared me, jolted back and fourth my orange juice went flying over my lap, and the atmosphere was gritty on the edge, pilot ensured it was nothing to fear and it would not last long. I do like flying in general, going over the sand dunes of Sahara was quite something. You can go from lush vegetation to arid barren landscape, the world is a box full of worms. Open to be explored. :)

Posted

Flying over the centre of Australia was pretty fantastic. We went over the formations north of Uluru and the interaction of wind and ancient sandstone was fascinating. 

Today's weather report for Hailsham: morning grim and windy, grim and windier, slightly less grim but windier, lunchtime wet, wet, wet, partly clear late afternoon, another band of rain since. Bit warmer than the last couple of days.

Go to bed in absolute darkness Daniel*.

Posted

GO TO BED AND SEE OFF YOUR MIGRAINE DANIEL*!!!!!

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

GO TO BED AND SEE OF YOUR MIGRAINE DANIEL*!!!!!

God help me bright light. :help:

I've sent the brightness all the way down - my head still feels like hot daggers. I'll take your advice. #netweather addiction, even in the most lame sort of weather. Migraines are the Devil's work. Slightly used to them but it doesn't make it anymore easier - I do not like pitch black dark either as a 5YO, I was petrified I though demonic creatures were in the darkness, don't ask me why. I like keeping occupied my downfall, adios amigos.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Much better day here than recent days. The sun is out! Got soaked in the downpour last night so hoping the charts showing high pressure for a while verify.