Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Essex Weather Centre tweeted this earlier this evening:

Heavy snow showers will affect many Southern and Eastern districts of Essex this evening. Locally 1-2CM and risk of ice.

The radar is looking rather clear. Hopefully the ppn picks up over night with shower coming off the coast. Let's see what happens.

Posted

Still waiting! might be some time. Might take a few days break, from NW. At least I'll be going sleep at a respectable hour, out of this cold spell we managed a light covering, not many frosts at all 2.5/10 - looking chilly tonight. Bitterly cold wind too, for the next 10 days at least it is looking exceptionally dry.

Aye, i think they were being overly proactive

Posted

Who turned the tap off?

Posted

Nope, METO invent shows no PPN now and pretty much none through tomorrow as well.

Yes, I was surprised at their tweet considering the posts on here about the lack of snow tonight!

Posted

Yes, I was surprised at their tweet considering the posts on here about the lack of snow tonight!

It is not going to happen I'd be happy to be proven wrong, Pressure 1028mb and rising highest it has been for a good time. Becoming the pessimists :bomb: this is what happens to you following repeated upset.

Posted

Ouch

That does not look like a great Forecast tbh, looks busted already unless the Estuary awaken b4 the High uses his muscles!

Agreed. Not sure what they are seeing. I bow to their superior knowledge though and hope for the best. That tweet was made at 6pm though so a lot may have changed since to be fair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

So its game over then. High pressure building and likely to be with us for a while.

Q. Would this benefit us folk in the SE if the high moved north and sat over Scotland and allowing an easterly to develop??

Posted

On a positive note I wonder how much we'd need the HP system over us to shift just to allow a nice bit of sun rather than stratus gloom? I'm guessing if it sat right on top then it would drag in less murk from North Sea. If we get sun I'm off with dog to seaside!

Posted

You know you are finally admitting defeat and the chance of snow from these cold spells are pretty much gone when you close down the rainfall radars in your browser for the first time in two weeks!! :-(

One covering of 1.5cm from the first spell and numerous sleet and snow showers giving a dusting at times in the second!!

Bring on the Scandi High!!

Posted

blimey it settles easily in these conditions

Proper cold eastern euro airmass shame we get it filtering in correlating with higher pressure. It is powdery. Not seen since 2013. Funny the sleety stuff came in buckets, our fortunes will change I promise you.

Posted

Nothing unusual about spain really and the areas talked about the ski resorts are having a good season

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I'm not sure honestly there is much chance of it happening for a couple of weeks looking at the current models.

We might get another shot towards the back end of the month but I'm not sure we will see much more this winter.

Happy we had some falling snow at least!

Posted

-15 and two foot of snow in Spain !!! Would you Adam and Eve it.

I'm currently on a trip to Barcelona and even here it is bitter!! Snow on the surrounding hills which is a complete rarity in these parts. Apparently now the worst winter in 40 years here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Nothing unusual about spain really and the areas talked about the ski resorts are having a good season

Er, Madrid ?

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Snow flurry off the Thames,a few more bits and bobs developing to my NE it seems...The first slight dusting of the winter here!

Posted

Er, Madrid ?

Can be very, very cold across the central Spanish plateau during winter.