Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We'll i think the only snow enjoyment for me will come from watching The Jump tonight on TV :D;)

Posted

Looking at the current streamer ( the only one )

Entry point is felixstowe heading WSW crossing over the QE2

Anyone on that trajectory looks to see a few more flurries

Sky clear here currently which is fine - clearing the wet ground.

Temp will be dropping-

What about Gatwick and Crawley?

Posted

The streamer looking more organised now on line between Lowestoft and Southend. They look to be heading for NW Kent/SE London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I said yesterday with my fun snow map BONJOUR France, looks like Calais doing ok !!

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Snowing heavy here and settling too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Just looked outside, dark but clear but that sky in the distance looks full of it ....

Please come this way. â„â„â„â„â„

post-13048-0-25425500-1423158643_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Nothing here, except the cold  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

I said yesterday with my fun snow map BONJOUR France, looks like Calais doing ok !!

Its funny you should mention that.  Drove along the A2 to Dover.  Snow at Shepherdswell junction and light smatterings to Whitfield.  Clear to Dover Castle.  Then I see the vista across the Dover Strait and what  greeted me ?  The snow-clad hillsides and fields over the Nord pas de Calais in absurdly clean air that seems to reduce distance so I could almost reach out and touch it.msp_drool.gif  Clearly a good streamer dumping over there.msp_laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That line of showers is starting to creep westwards slightly so potentially Chelmsford could be coming into the mix :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.

The occasional snowflake wafting around in the breeze. 2 degrees C.

Posted

What have I missed in the last 90 minutes

Have been at the Dentists with the 3 Princesses! Got back to Leigh and small settling on car roofs and roof tops of houses, its a start.

Looks like the weak streamer is pushing more west south westwards now with more of an ENE Influence, the showers before were heading down from Ipswich to Southend to Medway Towns, now look like Ipswich to Colchester to NE London.

I notice more convection is occuring albeit weakly behind the first line, its these that need to be watched for the true streamer to set-up, if these can get influenced by deeper convection circa 50-75 miles off the Essex and Suffolk Coast and conversely between the far NE Tip of Kent and Belgium then it is game on for a different orientated shower train and a true streamer.

But I would only put that at 10% for tonight, some places may luck out at 3cm further west but the synoptics and what we have on the table are not condusive to deep convection that could dump upwards on 10cm ++. This obviously due in part to Limited Cape to get those showers upto around 10-15k to really make an impact.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Just had a snow shower here that has left a slight dusting. Nice to see but the radar looks a bit bare now so not sure we will get much else.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Snowing

And starting to settle on cars and flower beds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Very organised band moving in now. Who knows, I thought we wouldn't see anything today and we have had 3 seperate falls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Well sadly the cold snap last week and this week have been a big let down for my area and I had more hope for today and tomorrow of snow showers and even laying snow. I don't like to throw towel in but I think it's time I did sadly. The whole winter I can remember early December looked the time for our first cold snap then after it didn't arrive it looked like Christmas period but it didn't arrive. Then it looked like turn of the year and yet nothing and here we are now in Febuary and well need I go on. Think we've just been unlucky this winter and it just wasn't meant to be. I'm happy for the people who did manage to get some good snow out of this cold snap though.. Great thread this is to read and I will continue to stay on here and read it.