Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Consistant sleet here....so gutting to think that just a small shift in temps and this would all be falling as snow :( Oh well, hoping for some more surprise 'pop up' snow showers over the next week!x

Posted

Its no good, am just going to have to post a few pictures from when it actually did snow which benefitted an Adult and NOT an Ant

3 Years Ago TODAY! 05th February 2012

Ahhh the Memories

attachicon.gif046.JPG

attachicon.gif052.JPG

:sorry:

Lovely pic of Belfairs there Paul. What I would give for those scenes again. Hey ho always next winter...

Posted

Shame! I was hoping with sub -10 uppers convection would have really kicked in.. Any thoughts why not this time?

Also the uppers are currently in the -6/-7 range at the moment. The -10 or better uppers are expected to arrive later on today.

So we can still live in hope!

MM

Posted

Thanks Shrimper and Micky

I always like to look back the the pictures and match up the dates as we tend to forget exact dates these things occured, then go onto the chart archives and have a little look at the synoptics. Feb 5th 2012 was not a million miles away from todays charts, 1 crucial thing was Upper temps of -10c in a North Easterly.

Belfairs always looks stunning when it snows, always take a walk over there or Hockley Woods, got some pictures of the Palm Trees on the Seafront as well with thick snow, got to dig them out though as on old laptop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Its no good, am just going to have to post a few pictures from when it actually did snow which benefitted an Adult and NOT an Ant

3 Years Ago TODAY! 05th February 2012

Ahhh the Memories

attachicon.gif046.JPG

attachicon.gif052.JPG

:sorry:

Couple of video's from croydon in 2009 2 feb.

Posted

I have stumbled on a wonderful way to make the snow stop :(

maybe 1.5 cm this morning though so not all bad :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

This type of snow is the most frustrating type.In the heavier bursts which last about 10mins it just starts to settle and then eases off and then it melts and then starts again heavier and so on. Been like this since 7.30 this morning and all it does it get very wet everywhere and no good at all!!.Rant over.

Temp has fallen from 1.6 at 7am  to 0.9 at 9.20.

Oh well, still got another 5 weeks left for one last proper cold spell so all is not lost :)

Posted

Colder upper temps from the East are moving in and with the wind flow the Thames Estuary will liven up.

If we do get hit by any of these showers, they will be on the heavy side with a possible few cm';s.

This is where the MetO will issue sudden warnings if need be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Yes I'd say midday onwards for anything that might be more substantial. Window.of opportunity between 12 noon til 7 looking at charts. Wind direction ne from an easterly feed upper air temps -10 during these times.

Edited by snowfish1

Posted

Rampkin

That wind vector has to swing at least 30-40 Degrees for the Thames to Light Up as you put it or this is another Kent Clipper later.

I agree the colder Uppers over the next 15 hours are better but that wind is just not anywhere near right yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's chucking it down again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

Anyone read the met office? Accumulations around the Thames estery ;) Yes i saw that too , but seems to be (completely) at odds with the BBC version I heard this morning which indicated that any snow showers would quickly move away from south-east followed by bright afternoon with some sunshine !!..., Some level of consistency in the Met office forecasts would be nice as they've been all over the place over recent days !  :doh: I guess the met office might have been factoring in the effects of any potential streamer that develops (which the BBC would never allude to ). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got sleet now. Hail now in the heavy burst.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Rampkin

That wind vector has to swing at least 30-40 Degrees for the Thames to Light Up as you put it or this is another Kent Clipper later.

I agree the colder Uppers over the next 15 hours are better but that wind is just not anywhere near right yet!

Earlier it was a Norfolk Nocker for me, not quite a Wash Wacker :)

PS steady sleet here.

Edited by Biggin