Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

So the potential "disruptive" snow from warnings earlier this week has gone to be replaced by rain and sleet showers. Oh and a cold Easterly on Friday, by which time there will be no showers left :wallbash:

Just about sums up this cold spell; it's been a complete waste of time here re snow although I appreciate that others have been luckier.

Posted

Anyone else see the BBC weather following the news? Matt Taylor paints a very gloomy picture for South East tonight. The main threat is ice. No mention whatsover of precipitation. All showers appear to be up north. And even tomorrow, only isolated, and mostly rain or sleet. Tomorrow night might be better though, through to Thursday, but nothing out of the ordinary. Friday he mentioned it getting even colder as an Easterly sets in, but once again no mention of precipitation.

I think I'll have a night off radar watch.

Very silly! approach did you see the BBC forecast the band of snow yesterday. I do not understand why some take them as a godsend useless when it comes to showery precip or anything born from a unstable airmass.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

More to the point, what's NOT to like about it? I think the rarity of lying snow is a cause for much interest in it, especially given the warming climate (not debating that here), the urban sprawl providing ever warmer surroundings around our little homes etc. etc. It is a simply beautiful phenomena which needs to be glanced at with awe from the ever more busy human population, so again for me, the question should read "what's NOT to like about it?"

Do my job driving a van doing over 100 deliveries a day. Good enough reason for me. I don't mind a little bit like we had today though as that's usually enough to keep the idiots off the roads for a few hours. Lol Edited by LJS22

Posted

Doesn't look like any showers are forming this evening in the wash area. Last night these were heavy and moved diagonally S.Westerly through the area. There are warnings out again for the same, but I think that's just to cover themselves. This time yesterday you could see them forming.

Boring night ahead...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

lol I want to use my daughters light up sledge ,I bought it for her in 2013 & its never been used :nonono:

A light up sledge, wow I want a go on one of them. How olds your daughter if you don't mind me asking? I've a 3 year old boy and I've got a day off work on Thursday so I'm desperate to get out with him in the snow .. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Very silly! approach did you see the BBC forecast the band of snow yesterday. I do not understand why some take them as a godsend useless when it comes to showery precip or anything born from a unstable airmass.

So you're saying that he has a very silly approach by not watching the radar tonight? :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

A light up sledge, wow I want a go on one of them. How olds your daughter if you don't mind me asking? I've a 3 year old boy and I've got a day off work on Thursday so I'm desperate to get out with him in the snow .. Fingers crossed.

I got it in cost co cash & carry ,but they do sell them on ebay & amazon ,it was about £25.00 .Its so cool ,led lights flash as it goes over the snow ,weve had it for over 2 years now .my daughter is 13 now ,so she probably wont want to be seen on it lol .mumma will though :wink: if we ever get the chance !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temp 1.3c

Dp 0c

Posted

So you're saying that he has a very silly approach by not watching the radar tonight? :cc_confused:

No just the fact the graphics on forecast are not entirely representative. I would not lose sleep. :)

Posted

Bit like going on a politics forum and asking people why they are obsessed with opinion polls or on a fashion forum and asking people why they are obsessed with frocks. 

Strange comparison but for the sake of clarity I am asking a genuine question. It's a weather website, and weather happens all year round in one way or another. This thread is bombarded for a few days of the year when snow is possible. The rest of the year it's like a graveyard.

Posted

Very silly??? Do you normally talk to people like that? Don't appreciate it buddy.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Unless you live in Dover there is not much of interest tonight

lol well if you call sleet, wet snow  interesting, which I do lol, it's better than last years rain anyway. I'm hoping it snows properly later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

Poor tv forecasts for snow tonight which should result in our biggest snowfall of the winter!!!!:-D

Posted

Very silly??? Do you normally talk to people like that? Don't appreciate it buddy.....

In the appropriate setting perhaps I've had no issues, maybe I should think before I type, apologies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

I got it in cost co cash & carry ,but they do sell them on ebay & amazon ,it was about £25.00 .Its so cool ,led lights flash as it goes over the snow ,weve had it for over 2 years now .my daughter is 13 now ,so she probably wont want to be seen on it lol .mumma will though :wink: if we ever get the chance !

Lol, were all big kids when it comes to snow. I'm gonna have a look on the net tonight for one of those sledges.. I'm gonna love it, I mean my boy is going to love it.. O well, back to watching out for some snow. Its not the same now the street lights get turned off at night though.Not sure what the forecast is for tonight as I only watched Thursdays forecast . â„â„â„ðŸº

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well as I suspected, all the snow here was pretty much gone by lunchtime and by 4pm no sign whatsoever! Was lovely to see tho, enjoyed my 8am run in the snow. It turned out into a nice day with a high of 4C. So, any more snow to come or was that it?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

After my weekend in the Cairngorms I've seen what proper snow is like. As nice as it was to see this mornings snow falling I really noticed the difference. Up there even at 5c with around 0c dewpoint the snow was dry, even with the gritted roads. So why is it that when it is 5 here with 0 dewpoint it's damp and dreary? Can't believe I'll have to wait til next winter for a proper snow fix, might try the alps or finland next time I think. This southern england snow just doesnt cut the mustard.

Posted

Well as I suspected, all the snow here was pretty much gone by lunchtime and by 4pm no sign whatsoever! Was lovely to see tho, enjoyed my 8am run in the snow. It turned out into a nice day with a high of 4C. So, any more snow to come or was that it?!

This morning's snow fall reminded me of an early April type - i.e. very short lived but nice to see!  As to whether we will see any more during the next few days, I have my doubts, but always expect the unexpected in these situations!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Missed out on a few snow showers here this evening with them just skirting by. Have just came back from passing my car theory test and just 5 miles south and east there is a layer of snow everywhere  :) Closer to the coast all that fell was wet snow/rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Looks like another sleet then snow then sleet shower incoming here in Dover :)

Orange glow to my north east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

After my weekend in the Cairngorms I've seen what proper snow is like. As nice as it was to see this mornings snow falling I really noticed the difference. Up there even at 5c with around 0c dewpoint the snow was dry, even with the gritted roads. So why is it that when it is 5 here with 0 dewpoint it's damp and dreary? Can't believe I'll have to wait til next winter for a proper snow fix, might try the alps or finland next time I think. This southern england snow just doesnt cut the mustard.

I recommend Finland mate, it's amazing and so unspoilt and the snow is just fantastic. They normally get snow late October and it doesn't go until may. Been twice and booking up for next winter!!

Posted

In the appropriate setting perhaps I've had no issues, maybe I should think before I type, apologies.

Ok, I appreciate and accept your apology.

Let's get back to the weather