Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

The good old British weather, yes we discuss it, we despair about it, but we love it, its what makes this country beautiful and wildlife thrive, and throw in a bit of snow, cant get better than that, now, can we :D  

Posted

Very simple reason why I love snow is the incredible experience of 1978/79 when I was just 8 years old. This was then followed by of course 81 and the other famous 1980's cold spells including the epic 1987.

I have very fond memories of my childhood days and wish I could return to them. So for me when I see snow is reminds me of my childhood days.

I do also love thunderstorms but couldn't give a monkeys about other weather types. How on earth can you get excited at rain in the UK?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

If anyone has been or does following the meto forecast (symbols/index) can you tell me whether yours has changed for Thursday into a boring load of pants? not actual pants for symbols LOL but from snow to just sleet and cloud.

Posted

Because we can and there's nothing wrong with it.

This is the place to discuss the weather, and if snow is featured we have the duty to report it.

I post all year round during summer it dwindles, snow brings out the masses - it is no surprise really. as to why.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just wondering why so many posters disappear for most of the year. ' We have a duty to report it ' .....?

Posted

As much as I like snow, I can't help wondering why some folk are so obsessed with it, to the point where they spend hours on end watching the models/faxes/radar etc and post every time there is so much as a slight change in the offing ?

It's a genuine question. Given this is a weather forum, where do you folk disappear to when the seasons change ? Are you not interested in any other types of weather ?  It's like tumbleweed city in here for most of the year.

It's rather easy to get engrossed in the forum on a cold winters day/night. Not exactly outdoor weather is it?  No harm done

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

woop woop ,hope their right :)

Hi lollypop,

So do I, that looks a keen easterly wind on Thursday if that doesn't blow the snow showers our way then I don't know what will..

"I wanna build a snowman"

Lol ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄😀

Posted

Next snow blob over Planet Thanet , current rain upto the border ,turning to sleet as it approaches Canterbury, look potent, is now much colder here around 0 - 1 C so would expect it to hit home as snow in around 15 - 30 mins.

the blob might be over us in thanet but there  is nothing falling from the sky where I am in ramsgate

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

It was a tidy snow shower wasn't it ?

it sure was ,looked so pretty .nothing now though ,damp n orrible

Posted

Hi lollypop,

So do I, that looks a keen easterly wind on Thursday if that doesn't blow the snow showers our way then I don't know what will..

"I wanna build a snowman"

Lol ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

lol I want to use my daughters light up sledge ,I bought it for her in 2013 & its never been used :nonono:

Posted

the blob might be over us in thanet but there  is nothing falling from the sky where I am in ramsgate

Ah well , tis doing the usual over Canterbury now, rain, hail and snow combo, you should get at least rain from the next blob which is shaped like a Scotty dog...

Edited by crazysnowcatz4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

lol I want to use my daughters light up sledge ,I bought it for her in 2013 & its never been used :nonono:

Likewise!

Posted

Well woke up to a covering of 1-2cms this morning which was a bit unexpected as when snow has been forecast on 2 or 2 previous occasions we have had didly squatt here. Had flurries till about 10am and then stopped with clouds breaking with the sun nearly breaking through by about 3pm.Max temp here was 3.7 but already dropped to about 1.1 and as a result all snow gone now. Just chuffed I have seen some this winter after last years lack of it.

Mind you,to put it in perspective, Boston have had 48 inchs of snow in last 7 days(a record) and they are going to get a lot more in next 7-10 days!!That is truly astonishing. I would be happy with 10% of that figure lol

When I first read that I thought you meant Boston, Lincs :)

Posted

Interesting points further up I post throughout the year but my increase in posting happens during exciting times and that will b around autumn or if there is a Gale in the summer. The nice weather helps but it its not as much fun. What I have noticed on this forum in our own area where imbyism is allowed toys still get thrown and I guess it just shows I am getting older. I always try to post on my birthday.

One thing to finish if u have had snow great if not well it may or may not reach u. But I thonk we can all agree this is a proper winter following on from last year

Posted

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just wondering why so many posters disappear for most of the year. ' We have a duty to report it ' .....?

Sorry for getting the wrong impression, but we all have our different likes - if people enjoy the chase for snow let them do so. People,ought to care more about themselves and less about other people's fancy. Duty is a stretch too far, but I report what I see, that could be thunderstorms, gales ect ect.

Posted

As much as I like snow, I can't help wondering why some folk are so obsessed with it, to the point where they spend hours on end watching the models/faxes/radar etc and post every time there is so much as a slight change in the offing ?

It's a genuine question. Given this is a weather forum, where do you folk disappear to when the seasons change ? Are you not interested in any other types of weather ?  It's like tumbleweed city in here for most of the year.

Bit like going on a politics forum and asking people why they are obsessed with opinion polls or on a fashion forum and asking people why they are obsessed with frocks. 

Posted

If anyone has been or does following the meto forecast (symbols/index) can you tell me whether yours has changed for Thursday into a boring load of pants? not actual pants for symbols LOL but from snow to just sleet and cloud.

yes mines changed to a boring load of pants ,once again grrrr . :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Euro4

15020512_0312.gif

15020509_0312.gif

15020509_0312.gif

I guess that's why the Meto have reduced alot of the hope for Thursday for most of the region apart from the far SE.

The good news is there is still time for change, especially when a NE'ly in concerned.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Well in Canterbury we have had rain, sleet, hail and snow today. Utterly awful weather. Hoping for it now to turn to Snow overnight!

The difference a bit of elevation makes is amazing really. Quite a nice dusting in hills above Chartham

Posted

Anyone else see the BBC weather following the news?  Matt Taylor paints a very gloomy picture for South East tonight. The main threat is ice.  No mention whatsover of precipitation. All showers appear to be up north. And even tomorrow, only isolated, and mostly rain or sleet. Tomorrow night might be better though, through to Thursday, but nothing out of the ordinary. Friday he mentioned it getting even colder as an Easterly sets in, but once again no mention of precipitation.

I think I'll have a night off radar watch.

Posted

The difference a bit of elevation makes is amazing really. Quite a nice dusting in hills above Chartham

It does. On Friday whilst on way to Whitstable it was a white out from the top of UKC hill to Whistable no snow either side! We have slush but thats it!