Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Good evening all, nearly all the snow we had last night has gone! Temps are now dropping again sfter reaching a high of 4!

Temp now 2.4 dp -0.04

I'm very new to all this and am trying to work out how it works, ie winds, temp, dps

I have been constantly looking at radars etc, one being the mereox one, this shows either cloud or rain on the east coast, is this the sort of thing to watch to see if it comes this way??

Thanks

Yes and also keep an eye on the batch above Hull near Newcastle and a N'ly should bring that down

Posted

As much as I like snow, I can't help wondering why some folk are so obsessed with it, to the point where they spend hours on end watching the models/faxes/radar etc and post every time there is so much as a slight change in the offing ?

It's a genuine question. Given this is a weather forum, where do you folk disappear to when the seasons change ? Are you not interested in any other types of weather ?  It's like tumbleweed city in here for most of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Yes and also keep an eye on the batch above Hull near Newcastle and a N'ly should bring that down

Thanks

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Hmm I might have to take a drive up the road

its was snowing heavily up in battle & the ridge (they always do well up there) I was driving in it . all stopped for now though .Looks like we will be in for a bit more within the next few hours ,according to the radar

Posted

As much as I like snow, I can't help wondering why some folk are so obsessed with it, to the point where they spend hours on end watching the models/faxes/radar etc and post every time there is so much as a slight change in the offing ?

It's a genuine question. Given this is a weather forum, where do you folk disappear to when the seasons change ? Are you not interested in any other types of weather ?  It's like tumbleweed city in here for most of the year.

I have no idea

I am def a snow-aholic

Posted

Just a hunch but think we could get some unexpected beefy snow showers feeding in from the north sea tonight & maybe intensifying & merging at times.

Fair enough – I stand corrected. That explains a hell of a lot. 

Posted

The beach:-)

Posted

Same can be said about stormchasers :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I have no idea

I am def a snow-aholic

Not quite true. A good thundery outbreak will bring out the crowd from its summer slumbers.

Posted

its was snowing heavily up in battle & the ridge (they always do well up there) I was driving in it . all stopped for now though .Looks like we will be in for a bit more within the next few hours ,according to the radar

It was a tidy snow shower wasn't it ?

As much as I like snow, I can't help wondering why some folk are so obsessed with it,

Im obsessed with the idea of actually having proper winter weather that corresponds to the season. At the moment im just pleased ive seen snow falls twice this winter. My real passion is thunderstorms though, im drawn to them, literally right underneath them, pow zap, a and e.

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted

I return to my cave.

Posted

HOLY F**king Cow....

I know we take the meto forecast symbols with a pinch of salt...............BUT

Thursday gone from snow for around 6hrs to erm a sleet shower IMBY lol :rofl:

Posted

Because we can and there's nothing wrong with it.

This is the place to discuss the weather, and if snow is featured we have the duty to report it.

I post all year round during summer it dwindles, snow brings out the masses - it is no surprise really. as to why.

Posted

Glad to hear that......I'm in the process of moving in to my new home just off the Battle Road, had some snow there on Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Most of the seasons I get outside and enjoy the seasons with my kids.  In winter, it's dark, cold, generally wet most of the time and very occasionally it's beautifully white & snowy.  When it snows, I go outside with my kids and enjoy that as well. 

Much better to experience the weather than watch it on a forum, but rather obviously the kids don't like going out in the cold & wet so I wait and hope for a little snow to see smiles on their faces.  Didn't realise it was so perplexing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

More to the point, what's NOT to like about it? I think the rarity of lying snow is a cause for much interest in it, especially given the warming climate (not debating that here), the urban sprawl providing ever warmer surroundings around our little homes etc. etc. It is a simply beautiful phenomena which needs to be glanced at with awe from the ever more busy human population, so again for me, the question should read "what's NOT to like about it?" 

Posted

Heya long time no speak. For me I'm usually lurking seeing what is going on weather wise around the region I can only presume that others come on here to report the extreme weather, be it thunderstorms, severe windstorms (have I ever mentioned I hate wind storms!), high temperatures etc. We are a relatively benign part of this little island and I can understand why there isn't normally much to talk about. Lastly snow seems to bring out the big kid in all of us. I defy anyone to walk past a fresh patch of snow and not be tempted to be the first to place their footprints in it, something I never seem to get to do having 3 dogs that just muck up any freshly laid snow.

Posted

Next snow blob over Planet Thanet , current rain upto the border ,turning to sleet as it approaches Canterbury, look potent, is now much colder here around 0 - 1 C so would expect it to hit home as snow in around 15 - 30 mins.

Posted

Glad to hear that......I'm in the process of moving in to my new home just off the Battle Road, had some snow there on Saturday

Great news that you are finally able to make the move you have wanted to do for a while :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Rain / graupel mix in Lowestoft. Nothing exciting really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well woke up to a covering of 1-2cms this morning which was a bit unexpected as when snow has been forecast on 2 or 2 previous occasions we have had didly squatt here. Had flurries till about 10am and then stopped with clouds breaking with the sun nearly breaking through by about 3pm.Max temp here was 3.7 but already dropped to about 1.1 and as a result all snow gone now. Just chuffed I have seen some this winter after last years lack of it.

Mind you,to put it in perspective, Boston have had 48 inchs of snow in last 7 days(a record) and they are going to get a lot more in next 7-10 days!!That is truly astonishing. I would be happy with 10% of that figure lol