Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

well the suns going down, looking hazy out there, has been quite a pleasant day, temp dropping slowly, now temp 2c here and dp 1c, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Temperature 1.4 Â°C Dew Point

0 Â°C

Rainfall Today 1.4 mm Rainfall Rate 0.8 mm/hr

Wind Speed (gust) 9.0 mph Wind Speed (avg) 1.7 mph

Barometer  1006.03 mb Rising +0.58 mb/hr

Posted

Yes, off shortly to Fulham tonight with the wife ( I take her to all the best places) If we do get a repeat of last night the journey back to Dunstable after the game could be interesting. My perfect night - Good journey down to Fulham - a pint in the crabtree before the game, Fulham to win 3-0 and a journey home in light snow become moderate/heavy as we walk through the front door !

Wife would only come because i promised her the Riverside instead of my usual Hammy end.

30 years service.

Could be the same tonight maybe some light showers,have a good one mate and a safe journey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Definite Kent/ coastal East Sussex Clipper going on such a shame most of them showers are wasted in the channel if only that wind could turn more to the east to set up a Thames streamer so most of us could have some fun;-)

Despite the hype around this mornings dustings it really was a poor event only seemed acceptable due to having no snow at all in 2 years! It not even a full covering in my area the kentimetre mark is yet to be broken

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Looking at radar, looks like Canterbury getting clobbered, were next in Ashford, getting very menacing looking out there!

Posted

Well Guildford was gridlocked, people getting into work two hours late and more.

Totally back you up on that one, took 1hr 35 mins to get 4 miles into Guildford this morning, what is it when we get a tiddly (a few mm at best !) bit of snow, that the whole area grinds to an almighty stop ! grrrrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Now within the 48hr time frame .....starts a drum roll :gathering:  :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer

Wife would only come because i promised her the Riverside instead of my usual Hammy end.

30 years service.

Could be the same tonight maybe some light showers,have a good one mate and a safe journey.

You too - we will be slumming it in H4!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Low topped cumulonimbus moving SW, North of Lowestoft. Quite pretty in the evening Sun, with trailing virga. Probably rain under it though. :nonono:

Posted

Looking at radar, looks like Canterbury getting clobbered, were next in Ashford, getting very menacing looking out there!

Frequent heavy snow and hail. Drive all white but still only a dusting on the grass. Heading over downs to Ashford!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Yep - black and broody out my window indeed.

Edit - now hail stones

Edited by Big Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another shower arriving now, there is a heavy one over Cambridgeshire/Herts now, turning wintry again now.

Time for work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

hoping the showers continue,should turn more wintry as the temps fall

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Not been on here today and don't have time to look through the threads , is there anything forecast for Sussex tonight? Anybody? Given up on my met office app:-(

Cheers

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Latest BBC video forecast mentions snow for us on Thursday ⛄â„⛄â„

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

woop woop ,hope their right :)

Posted

Stour streamer been delivering mizzle , then snow, hail , rain , all day from around 8:30 to Canterbury .  There is a covering of snow in places mainly on grass and car windscreens but also a deadly snow slime on the paths , which will be even worse if it freezes.

More to come by the looks of it.

Posted

Next area of snow to hit us is currently sat N of Newcastle. This area of snow showers will drift S tonight and hit this region later tonight into tomorrow morning.