Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

whilst watching the light snow, i saw a little squabble over a patch of uncovered decaying leaves between a pied wagtail, a robin, a blue tit and a female blackbird.. the latter came out on top, but not without a little resistance from the robin and the wag tail  :laugh:  :clap:

Edited by Vivian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Thanks to sickness bug i missed it actually falling, but around 9pm i noticed the ground was white. OMG Bedford had a couple of inches.

Posted

Melt rate increasing now.  Interesting that houses with loft conversions have very poor roof insulation - to be expected I guess...

1.0C now and rising.

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Showers look good holding together as they move inland :D

What radar you using ? They look to be struggling to me, looks like a Kent Clipper for the rest of the day and as I said earlier the giveaway with the temps and dewpoints meaning wintry mix, and I see Maria reporting hail and wintry mix already on the North Kent coast whereas Chatham (Further Inland) has Snow, the Coasts will get Snow but only briefly in heavier pulses which will struggle to settle

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

What radar you using ? They look to be struggling to me, looks like a Kent Clipper for the rest of the day and as I said earlier the giveaway with the temps and dewpoints meaning wintry mix, and I see Maria reporting hail and wintry mix already on the North Kent coast

Indeed

What radar you using ? They look to be struggling to me, looks like a Kent Clipper for the rest of the day and as I said earlier the giveaway with the temps and dewpoints meaning wintry mix, and I see Maria reporting hail and wintry mix already on the North Kent coast whereas Chatham (Further Inland) has Snow, the Coasts will get Snow but only briefly in heavier pulses which will struggle to settle

post-12648-0-41233900-1422957782_thumb.j

??  :cc_confused:

Posted

Driving anti clockwise round the M25 from Heathrow to Medway towns I was amazed that every mile of the journey was affected by snow, most snow around Godstone at probably 3cm's or so and least was around Medway towns at just a splattering though a bit more up on the downs. Nice to see

Posted

i thought i was further inland than Chatham, always thought they are a lot closer to water than me , maybe not then lol :shok:

Super marginal.at best snizzle/drizzle up here at nearly 250feet asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Talk about disturbed sleep was up every 2 hours checking to see if my 3mms of snow cover was still there lol!

Not had a chance to browse through everyone's posts anyone have a league table u can add Gravesend just under half a centimetre lol- seems as though London did better I'm guessing the Chilterns& W London maybe parts of the Surrey Downs too did the best?? Between Gravesend and new cross I think Falconwood shooters hill may have done the best?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes that's about right for what we just had in Deal, started as rain turned to sleet then a bit of wet snow then back to rain, not expecting anything to settle here today that's for sure, but they may do ok in Whitfield Dover as they are quite a bit higher than here.   

Posted

attachicon.gifsnow.jpg

??  :cc_confused:

No need for the ??? Surrey, Have been reading radar for the last 30 years so am fully aware of when showers are struggling, the South Western most shower was a lot healthier earlier now trumped by its bigger brother SW Of Norwich. Will it make it to London, probably but no more than nuisance value.

Why not put up 6 radar grabs in a sequence to show how they are struggling and not cherry pick the one that suits ?

Posted

The downs in the triangle between Folkestone, Ashford and Canterbury may be inline for a good peppering. Meanwhile, its just rain in Ramsgate.

No need for the ??? Surrey, Have been reading radar for the last 30 years so am fully aware of when showers are struggling, the South Western most shower was a lot healthier earlier now trumped by its bigger brother SW Of Norwich. Will it make it to London, probably but no more than nuisance value.

Why not put up 6 radar grabs in a sequence to show how they are struggling and not cherry pick the one that suits ?

It's cool.. I don't need to chase my snow.. It's on the ground  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Snowing nice here now :)

And yet, just up the road. Nothing and what has laid is rapidly melting.

Posted

The downs in the triangle between Folkestone, Ashford and Canterbury may be inline for a good peppering. Meanwhile, its just rain in Ramsgate.

I'm in the top of that triangle and can so far report......nothing

Posted

Talk about disturbed sleep was up every 2 hours checking to see if my 3mms of snow cover was still there lol!

Not had a chance to browse through everyone's posts anyone have a league table u can add Gravesend just under half a centimetre lol- seems as though London did better I'm guessing the Chilterns& W London maybe parts of the Surrey Downs too did the best?? Between Gravesend and new cross I think Falconwood shooters hill may have done the best?

A nice fall in Chingford. Forest looking great. How on earth do I post up photos?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Just had yellow alert update for snow today and tomorrow.  I'm certainly not holding my breath.  The snow missed me in every direction last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is starting to break through here now. No more showers probably for the rest of the day here. 

Posted

Glad for you, had our fun last Friday so all good here as well :hi:

Just trying to help others in this Forum as to what should happen today and the next 4 days tbh, and the only chasing I do is Tornadoes, it would never be Snow - Too many dissapointments!

Away from the shower debate, it is not often you would like to forecast much past 5 days (T120) but the way the Models are rock solid now it looks like we could make a very positive forecast for 14 days if the Models are correct, all the way to the 17th Feb at least!

Today : Wintry Showers 4-6c

Tomorrow : Snow/Sleet Showers in Northerly

Thurs and Friday looks our best shot at more in the way of better snowfalls.

Sat 7th >>>>>> Onwards for quite some time = Yaaaaaaaawnfest

If the High sets-up to the West of the Uk then topples over it is going to be a cloudy dirty High with stratocumulus and temps creeping up daily to mid next week when 8-10c could be in the offing with cloudy crud days, this pattern could make February a very dull boring cloudy month! :wallbash:

Posted

Oh the irony of it all – so last night we had some snow, a few showers which left a covering on grass and cars but mostly melted or turned to slush on the roads. Some places were clear altogether, others had no more than a few mm. This morning it took me two hours to drive about 10 miles due to people getting stuck in this thin layer of slush. Ok a few hills but this is flat-as-a-pancake Norfolk and with careful driving all roads were passable. I’ve got through the traffic quicker with a thick layer of snow – maybe cars grip better in fresh snow as opposed to slush. Anyway still no real snowfall to talk about in Norwich, not as much as was forecast anyway.