Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

why are all the bbc forecasters snow haters,bring back rob mcalwee,him and alex deakin should cover all the winter weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Last night I went to sleep expecting absolutely nothing in the way of snow. So when I opened the curtains this morning, what did I find?

No snow at all of course, what else?

Looks like I can cross North-Easterlies off my list too. So basically if it isn't a direct Easterly there's nothing for me here.

Great to see others have got something though: enjoy! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Snowing in sandwich

good good good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still snowing lightly here, looks like it will stop soon. 

On another note do I see a Kent streamer developing. A rash of showers pushing south west into the area.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Quite a smattering of showers east of Kent.

Posted

I have to say I don't listen to Carol or any other forecaster when it comes to snow. I look out the window and jump for joy when we have snow snowing into kidbrooke

Posted

why are all the bbc forecasters snow haters,bring back rob mcalwee,him and alex deakin should cover all the winter weather

I don't know tbh.But realistically most normal people don't like snow much due to the inconvenience of it. So the forecasters are presenting to them, as if snow is the enemy....I think an impartial view is better, and let people make up their own minds whether it's good or bad for them, instead of being patronising...the youtube clip of Ian Mcaskill during the extreme snow of 1991 played it just right, even though as he said it the weather was "grim", as it was really.  ITV weather is not too bad. More impartial than BBC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

it's really heavy now.. goose feather like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Snowing in sandwich

I would take it back for a refund, that'll be too much salt sprinkled in ;)

Posted

Nothing to report here again, yet to get any lying snow so far this cold spell. It has been pretty poor from all wind directions with NW, N and now NE failing to deliver over here in the east of the region. Seems like its been too marginal when we have precipitation and when the temps and dp's are ideal the showers all avoid here and it remains dry! You couldn't make it up!

Looks like getting HP parked over the UK next week so bring on the cold crisp weather that comes with it. Anything other than this! Little frustrating now!

Posted

ITV local weather says dry and sunny today. Surely that can't be right? Can't believe the difference in weather forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Nothing to report here again, yet to get any lying snow so far this cold spell. It has been pretty poor from all wind directions with NW, N and now NE failing to deliver over here in the east of the region. Seems like its been too marginal when we have precipitation and when the temps and dp's are ideal the showers all avoid here and it remains dry! You couldn't make it up!

Looks like getting HP parked over the UK next week so bring on the cold crisp weather that comes with it. Anything other than this! Little frustrating now!

It is very annoying, isn't it? Shower after shower of rain and sleet on Sunday but now it's cold enough for snow, it's all going elsewhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Oh well. I think we used up all our luck down here a couple of weeks ago with our very localised couple of centimetres! Pleased to hear some others that have missed out so far have had some.

Appreciate that some are enjoying the here and now but from an IMBY perspective is the (brief) north easterly still on for the end of the week or is that now a bust?