Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

That beast of a snow shower to the west of Norwich is heading this way......... but I'm not staying up for it because I'm knackered and up at 6  :rofl: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Just a sugar dusting here, but all settling readily, even here in Central London, so another 12 hours of this and I might get a snowball!!!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

my hype is dying, had light flakes for the last hr now

I thought there was no hope an hour ago . Things can change quickly . You just never know. Still I will probably still get nilch

Posted

I must say. When lamppost watching when it's proper snow . You know not squinting to see if there is any wintry bits

Posted

chessington will get some from about 2 onwardsNorth london looking good for those norfolk showers from

3am!

Cheers mate. I don't see where from looking at the radar but then again I didn't see what's falling now. Not on radar but is really light . I even tried to take a picture of the most perfect snowflake on my car but the flash has made it well. Crap .

Bit heavier now but still light in the extreme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Seems like a streamer setting in still snowing here moderately

I   live next door to you (not literally) I have just a covering and it has stopped here :nonono: Not quite a cm, anymore to hit NW London?

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Night everyone cya tomorrow, enjoy the snow.

The feed of this ppn will drop below Norwich soon, so will probably hit a bit further south. And continue to drop slowly south. I'm not expecting anything till about 7am if forecasts are right, and that's if it doesn't miss this corner as it moves sw from ramsgate.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Yes seems a line has set up the showers seem more potent too coming in off the North Sea .

Snow here more persistent but still light .

Why I put myself through this punishment I have work at 8 but can't drag myself from the window my wife who is due our second child mid march is going nuts

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Update from Central London.

Snow falling somewhat persistent now, light (But heavy in bursts). Covering starting to surface, too.

What a wondeful night this has turned out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

London could be in the firing line all night judging by my radar, if the wind stays as it is

Yup... now we need the ppn to stay moving the ame way it has all night for us in the Capital to benefit, very, very (did I say very??) light snow for the past hour, just a sugar dusting so far, but the radar is looking great right now for quite a few of us!!

(Famous last words eh?? :) )

Update from Central London.

Snow falling somewhat persistent now, light (But heavy in bursts). Covering starting to surface, too.

What a wondeful night this has turned out.

Where are you, if you don't mind me asking?

(EDIT: Snowflakes beginning to get slightly larger (not a sign of a warm sector I hope) and still very light but steady snow falling and settling very slowly)

post-2587-0-96514700-1422929674_thumb.pn

post-2587-0-30772300-1422929719_thumb.pn

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Yup... now we need the ppn to stay moving the ame way it has all night for us in the Capital to benefit, very, very (did I say very??) light snow for the past hour, just a sugar dusting so far, but the radar is looking great right now for quite a few of us!!

(EDIT: Snowflakes beginning to get slightly larger (not a sign of a warm sector I hope) and still very light but steady snow falling and settling very slowly)

Don't mind at all. Camden Town, Central London (15mins walk from Regents Park). :)

Posted

If you don't mind me asking what site are those precipitation charts from.

The light snow has settled and now looks like a hard frost but lots of sugar on top

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & T-Storms

Woken up by my 16 month old twin girls, I look outside the window and dry alpine snow is falling, good covering already ⛄