Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Just stared snowing in Central Lonndon! I reapet, snowing in Central London! :D

Unlike two nights ago, where it snowed in London (And I missed it cause I was sleeping. Ugh), it wasn;t cold enough for it to settle. With it being 0C outside, hoping it will settle tonight and maybe at least leave a little dusting.

So yeah, BBC forecast was a little off, but doesn;t bother me! :)

So, whats falling now, is this the remains to the "blob" that fell over Central South England or, if BBC forecast is right, willLLondon reciive more tonight?

Hope everyone gets sone snow!

Posted

London is going to get hit by those heavy showers heading from norwich

Some very bright pulses I think I'm going to battle through. :D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

the latest NMM looks really good for parts of the SE later on in the night and into tomorrow morning, trains of snow showers, only marginal if you're dipping your toes in the sea

When is this? Mum isn't well and she is extremely stubborn and will only stay in doors if it's snowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

When is this? Mum isn't well and she is extremely stubborn and will only stay in doors if it's snowing

for Kent, the NMM for example is going for trains of snow showers from around 0700-1700hrs tomorrow, training NE-SW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

so not many of us left now, the last dwindlers , plus ive just seen my hedgehog walking around the garden, it should be hibernating now ,

Have put the kettle on so many times to fill up my water bottle, um still not filled up yet  :cold:

You have a pet hedgehog :shok: maybe he/she, (is it called hedgey) thinks spring is going to arrive next week.

I think London will be the sweet spot, just wait until this front hits the Thames in a few hours

Don't say that, I want to go to sleep lol

Mmmmmm, is this the start or the end  :rofl:

Bugger, it's stopped!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

for Kent, the NMM for example is going for trains of snow showers from around 0700-1700hrs tomorrow, training NE-SW

I hope so... Cheers

Posted

So if south of London is supposed to get snow between 03.00'and 04.00 I fail to see where it's coming from

Any ideas yamkin

PPN formation around the Norwich area is the one to watch with more right behind and not forgetting break away clusters which are edging into London

Posted

Them showers will dump a cm quite quickly

For reference the NMM seems keen to blow them our way, London being the 'epicentre'.

Could be disruptive if the below is lead to believe -

post-19153-0-84323300-1422924234_thumb.jpost-19153-0-99250400-1422924210_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

more persistent snow now, could get exciting  :D

Posted

Met office going to have egg on there face tomorrow if disruption in London caused by snow with no real warning. Quite incredible how poorly forecast this event was both by met and by models.

Edited by Weather wizard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

For reference the NMM seems keen to blow them our way, London being the 'epicentre'.

Could be disruptive if the below is lead to believe -

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lol I didn't even see these, it's going to really kick off once the Thames is involved no question. Why did I move.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I wouldn't go to bed if I lived in London just now

so i should then ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Met office going to have egg on there face tomorrow if disruption in London caused by snow with no real warning. Quite incredible how poorly forecast this event was both by met and by models.

It just goes to show than even the pros and models can get it all horribly wrong. As we all know, the weather won;t act a way just because the professionals and some computer models say "it will". Its all a prediction after all. The weather will do what it wants' when it wants. Yay for unpreictability!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

The only annoying thing is the temperatures tomorrow expected to be around 5 - 6 degrees. Will melt any snow.

Posted

It just goes to show than even the pros and models can get it all horribly wrong. As we all know, the weather won;t act a way just because the professionals and some computer models say "it will". Its all a prediction after all. The weather will do what it wants' when it wants. Yay for unpreictability!! :D

Yup this shows that once you get a very cold pool of air in place things usually take care of themselves. (even if not shown to on the models)