Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Not to sure if i will see anything tonight, im not holding my breath, good job or i would of been dead for years now  :) .

Anyway temp 2c and dp -4 at the moment

Posted

EURO4 showing snow/rain for my area near King's Lynn for later.  GFS charts showing very little, I think it'll be a case of waiting to see what's falling out of the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Looks like you live smack bang on the coast buddy near on impossible to get snow right on the coast unless the conditions really the dogs b**

It snowed Thursday/Friday. Settled got a 1-2cm. Don't really tend to look at the forecasts that BBC and MetO put out for my location as most of the time it's during a nowcast scenario.

We actually do well considering I live in a coastal town but I think its more to do with I'm only coastal to the Thames really.

Anyway: Temp 3, DP -3

Edited by SN0WM4N

Posted

Even here in Ramsgate there was a 1cm dusting on friday morning. And i consider the thanet coast to be the worst place for snow potential in all of kent. So never rule out a suprise or 2.

Posted

It's been a lovely sunny day here, quite chilly though. The clouds are starting to appear now. Hoping for something tonight. Car says 3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm a touch concerned that I maybe a it too close to the coast tonight for snow.  Having said that, with the direction the showers are due to come from, they'll have a relatively lengthy land track to get here.  Thoughts?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Bit of a update for the next 5 days. Europe to turn much colder with a developing cold pool and associated trough to form alignment Denmark to Germany. Cold pool to move through Low Countries and into Southeast Britain ( Thursday into Friday ) with fairly good probability rate of some snowfall in the deeper cold air mass as it advects SW. Into the weekend looks dry for most parts of the UK but still cold. Beyond that still some uncertainty regarding of positioning of the main high in the vicinity of Britain. Clear signals from todays discussion is the cold weather is going to hard to shift and that applies to UK. Maybe see some changes on this evening runs .

Edited by carinthian, 10 minutes ago.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

:)

I've always liked that Carinthian. :D

Posted

Re tonight I think from about 9pm ish, "showers" (so hit and miss) in to northern part of the region covered by this thread, then these "showers" moving from NE>SW through region through the night. So line drawn between Wash and IoW and East of that line. Even around 9am tomorrow morning looks like possibility of snow for Sussex, Surrey, Kent before it clears away.

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp here is 2.8 dp -3.6 dp has been negative all day, highest temp 3.2 to spite it being nice and sunny all day, here's hoping things stay similar when the wind changes and brings the showers. Weather station says, unsettled ppn later, so fingers crossed.

Posted

Guys, if its going to snow anywhere in these marginal conditions,, then hawkinge in south kent is usually in the hit zone. Its got 150 metre elevation plus a long land track with wind between wnw and north east. Theyve had 3 decent coverings this week, while 3 miles away the lower parts of folkestone had just rain or sleet.

Posted

Just seen this pic of a friends back garden in Ontario, Canada. Now thats what you call snow!

40cm+ in less than 12 hours  :rofl:

Schools still open and everyone going about their business as normal!

post-5249-0-74467800-1422890825_thumb.jp

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just seen this pic of a friends back garden in Ontario, Canada. Now thats what you call snow!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm predicting scenes like that will be widespread in the South East by the end of this week, especially Croydon. :cold:

Posted

I'm predicting scenes like that will be widespread in the South East by the end of this week, especially Croydon. :cold:

Where is Rampkin?

Hope Croydon Council are prepared....

Posted

Schools still open and everyone going about their business as normal!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is where I am right now awaiting a flight in about 8 hours....apparantly its not cancelled . Heres the view out the hotel window

post-4391-0-85588500-1422891630.jpg

:shok:

Posted

Here you go, just updated it for you :rofl:

v2tpja.png

I do not laugh easily but that got me. :rofl:

Meanwhile there was just a sporadic flurry lasted for a few seconds nice and white though! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Heavy wintry showers getting into the north east now, this disturbance will run south towards us during the evening. Fingers cross that some of us get at least something.

As for Wednesday into Thursday. Very knife edge as small changes could mean the difference between a few coastal wintry showers and some some decent snowfall.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Anyone in Kent /Sussex checked out the latest GFS for tomorrow am .....

post-4523-0-58818700-1422892993_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

It would appear that the drier air mass is having an effect - Wymondham showing 1.7C temperature, but the dew point is down at -4C, which is much lower than recent days.

Posted

Just seen Matt Taylor on BBC news 24. Not looking that promising for Wed/Thurs. He said it won't be quite as cold on Wed so mainly rain, sleet and possibly a little snow here and there but no accumulations. Thursday the wind will be strengthening veering to the n/e making it feel very raw (but still 6c lol) but very few showers by then. So it looks like the threat on Thurs has now receded. Make the most of tonight I think.

So we get the n/e wind and it's dry lol. Never mind, just not meant to be this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy wintry showers getting into the north east now, this disturbance will run south towards us during the evening. Fingers cross that some of us get at least something.

As for Wednesday into Thursday. Very knife edge as small changes could mean the difference between a few coastal wintry showers and some some decent snowfall.

I just think it's **** annoying the difference between the bbc and met. Local and National! How can people put any faith in them if they are so widely different, sometimes just 30mins apart