Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I have started a thread for those, like myself in S.E. England, who have yet to see the first snow of winter.

This is a sort of moan thread but can also be considered as a No Snow thread and is not just biased specifically at the models and the ups and downs of model-watching. There there is already a good thread for the model aspects of any forthcoming cold and snow in the model section.  

I would be interested to hear how winter 2014/2015 compares with other poor performers for snow and snow-lessness especially with biased regional distribution like this season.

Feel free to have a good grumble... I think there will be a lot of dissatisfied snow loving southerners by the coming weekend... All are welcome here. I will add my thoughts on round three of 'cold' coming in this very disappointing winter so far, as things progress. I don't hold out much hope at present.     

Edited by Severe Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I've had about 10 minutes of sleet...no snow though :(

Northerlies are a bit hit and miss here. If a surface based trough/front moves down the western side of the UK it can give us a dusting...but normally we need a nice slider bumping into cold air that is pushing in from the E/NE. 

Would be nice to have a snowy Birthday mid-late Feb for a change!  :air_kiss:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Nope, not seen any snow here in Essex since April 2013, so the snow drought continues here, but i did get to see half hours worth of heavy snow (which eventually turned to rain) in Northampton on Boxing day.

I do feel though even with the lack of snow it has been far better than last Winters endless gales/rain/flooding etc.

Posted

Nothing since March 2013 in Reigate :(

This winter has certainly been better than last - we've had some decent frosts etc; it would be good to have snow though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Not sure if 10 minutes worth of wet snow can be classified? - other than that pretty poor.

Does anybody know what the average amount of days of snow falling and average amount of days of snow lying is in the south east?

Posted

Bournemouth has been aggressively snowless since march 2013. Not all that surprising - surely even Bomosapiens will be treated to just a few flakes between now and the middle of next week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

me . I am getting p1553d off to be honest now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

With the exception of sleet showers, no snow; and absolutely no lying snow. The last decent snowfall here was January 2013, which was actually a pretty decent year coming to think of it, but a repeat of December 2010 would be nice.

As a snow lover and storm lover, this year has sucked overall - even when compared to last year, which bought some (excessive) but decent storms. But I'd much rather have good snow for now.

There looks like a chance of OK snow in the next week or so as that massive Azores High moves to the north west of the UK. Saturday looks to be when Artic air replaces Polar Maritime air, but I'm sure Dec 2010 was cold air from the north east - which is better for snow.

• Like 1