Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold / Snow

Unfortunately it seems to be losing its intensity?

yeah looks likes its going to exit thru Selsey  so the South Downs taking some of the energy out of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloud moving in from the north again now. Had the lightest of snow flurries while in central Bristol around 1ish but nothing came of it. In between there's been some pleasantish sunshine out of the bitter wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Had a snow shower around 4:10pm, lasted about 10 minutes. Moderate bursts too. Now dry and clear spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Light shower to my N will most likely fall as snow, but it won't settle. Hopefully might see something tomorrow evening.

Posted

MPG are you always on the wind up? :p Please let others enjoy the rarity of the cold liquid crystals falling from the sky just this once.

You might get your share too some day, you just never know. :good:

Wind up? Please reference my posts? As I remember rightly you were warned about your derogatory posts by a site administrator. Naughty!

Maybe a frost tonight, temp 4.3.

Edited by MPG

Posted

Wind up? Please reference my posts? As I remember rightly you were warned about your derogatory posts by a site administrator. Naughty!

Maybe a frost tonight, temp 4.3.

He was? I missed that!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Iiittts snoowing!! Edit... Well it was a second ago.. Blink and you miss it lol!

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Actually saw falling snow this morning in Cirencester, it lasted all of 5 minutes

Posted

Looks like the 12z UKMO is one for the bin?  :rofl:

UW12-7.GIF?01-16

UW12-21.GIF

Clearly some issues with the 12z run today! I noticed one of the 850's charts had one from the summer. Massive mess up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Clearly some issues with the 12z run today! I noticed one of the 850's charts had one from the summer. Massive mess up!

No issues 0-72 hours no longer available to public that is why you see Summer charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Frosty here by 6:30pm this evening; coldest night for about 4 days - typical, now there's no sign of any precipitation!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

NW gave us 80% chance of snow but it is tracking southwards so it's going to miss me :(

Dont be sad Sungirl.. You didn't miss much. :)

Posted

If that high pressure does end up sat on top of the UK we can kiss good bye to any hard frosts that may change this spell from cool to cold. Could be dull, cloudy and cool and could take some time to shift.

Posted

Nothing wrong with the run. It's the data represented on that website that's erroneous, but not so at UKMO end. The raw 12z has no issues, in case anyone thought so! (No significant changes. Thurs sees snow flurries extend further W as steering flow/gradient strengthens).

Edited by fergieweather

Posted

Nothing wrong with the run. It's the data represented on that website that's erroneous, but not so at UKMO end. The raw 12z has no issues, in case anyone thought so! (No significant changes. Thurs sees snow flurries extend further W as steering flow/gradient strengthens).

What about the Monday/Tuesday snowfall Ian? Is that still likely? It's the grandsons first birthday on Tuesday and I would hate to miss his party :)

Posted

What about the Monday/Tuesday snowfall Ian? Is that still likely? It's the grandsons first birthday on Tuesday and I would hate to miss his party :)

No problems anticipated. Scotland/NI/Some parts N England issue re that occlusion. No real snow problems forseen this week for W Country but Thurs could be a tad bothersome over to SE parts.

Posted

No problems anticipated. Scotland/NI/Some parts N England issue re that occlusion. No real snow problems forseen this week for W Country but Thurs could be a tad bothersome over to SE parts.

Fabulous. Thank you :)

Bring on Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

We have got sustained cold for a little longer, but the high pressure is dominant unfortunately. This is causing limited precipitation.....

Getting slightly fed up with chasing the snow at the moment, it seems to be playing against us,,,

Bring on spring, happy warmer weather...

Edited by liam300

Posted

Incidentally, one thing we've been watching for since EC-EPS output yesterday is potential for another colder N'ly later next week, depending on high orientation. One to watch.

If you could give us some proper cold and snowfall, that'd be great :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Well has our last chance of any snow gone for this cold spell? Things certainly not looking good for the rest of the week for any snow although hopefully it will be dry, cold and sunny, which in my book is definitely a good 2 nd prize!!

Hopefully we will still have a chance in the coming weeks but my mind is gradually looking forward to spring and some warm sunny weather (hopefully). It was still light at 5 pm tonight so spring is not far away.

It has again been a disappointing winter thus far our hunt for snow continues, but boy isn't the chase all part of the fun? looking at the MOD thread 3 times a day, winter would not be the same without it.

Roll on spring!!

Edited by bobafet