Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

To be honest, i'm just looking outside my front door under the security light. It might be sticking on the grass or pavements outside my house. Can't see those that well from my front door though as our drive is quite long.

Your game for tomorrow could still be called off if we get a few cm's tonight because it doesn't look like it will melt much tomorrow. Temps maxing out at about 2c.

It would need a quick heavy deposit then skies to clear so it then freezes - it's frozen ground that would be the issue. Wind really whipping that snow around this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ground temps tonight are higher than last night, which explains the lack of settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Anything for Somerset tonight?

Doesn't look like you'll see any snow i'm afraid.

Ground temps tonight are higher than last night, which explains the lack of settling.

Well do something Nick! Use your knowledge of complicated looking skew charts to make them drop! :D

Posted

Doesn't look like you'll see any snow i'm afraid.

Well do something Nick! Use your knowledge of complicated looking skew charts to make them drop! :D

I admire the god-like esteem you hold me in, but I'm making no promises :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's been snowing for 2 months now... Ever so light.- about 2/10 on the Murr Scale.

Posted

I admire the god-like esteem you hold me in, but I'm making no promises :D

Well you've completed a whole degree in Meteorology! And been over to Oklahoma. So if you can't make the Weather change then no one can :p

Posted

It's been snowing for 2 months now... Ever so light.- about 2/10 on the Murr Scale.

2 months?! I wish :D

Grrrrrr! Latest radar run shows yet more intensification around Warwickshire. If it keeps doing this, I won't be able to sleep till about 4am again :rofl:

Posted

:D :D :D  2 months??? :D :D :D

Polar Low forming over the Midlands :rofl:

Posted

You Oxford boys could be getting lucky again tonight!

It's kinda frustrating because if I didn't have a 12 hour shift tomorrow, I'd happily stay up till 4am and follow it.

Reality is, if I do stay up that late, i'll probably fall asleep at work and get sacked :rofl:

Posted

Yeah. Probs not worth a dusting that may well melt by morning. Always in the back of your mind, though, that you could be missing a developing SNOWMAGEDDON!!

Highly unlikely LOL

Posted

Showers associated with the North Sea low definitely picking up a bit over the Midlands. Will they push west enough for our region? Seems the flow will pull them back east as the low moves south.

Posted

Almost a kind of trough forming from Peterborough up to the Lake District associated with the Low out east. Hope the instability can pep up some showers over the Irish Sea off Blackpool.

Posted

Showers associated with the North Sea low definitely picking up a bit over the Midlands. Will they push west enough for our region? Seems the flow will pull them back east as the low moves south.

Nout here.... False echos on radar..... Clear sky here....radar says mod snow....

Posted

It shows to be building south of you. And you have better prospects from up north/east of you overnight.

I konw it aint happening for down here. I just like to speculate on possible troughs and out-of-the-blue scenarios.

Posted

Nah this is rubbish. Not as heavy as the radar is making out and none of it is settling.

So i'm off to get some shut eye! Night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nah this is rubbish. Not as heavy as the radar is making out and none of it is settling.

So i'm off to get some shut eye! Night all.

Same here buddy. Mostly light and patchy all melting upon impact and ground now wet. I've got work too, so bedtime it is.

Posted

Well you've completed a whole degree in Meteorology! And been over to Oklahoma. So if you can't make the Weather change then no one can :p

Sadly that power only comes to those who got a first, which I failed to achieve...

Just had a flurry of snow with chunky flakes :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Snow, blowing straight from the North, settling in our log pile ..... Hope to play in it in the morning :-)

Posted

Turns into a trough over London, with more following on behind. Little Dangler coming out of Telford. Hopefully, these little seedlings of ppn will continue through the night with some more a bit more favourable for the West Country.

Moderate snow in Portsmouth, not settling yet

Edit: Strike that, starting to settle!

I am watching. I bear witness! haha

Posted

You know what. I'm a bit partial to a bit of Stephen Hawking and I'm a mite partial to a lot of quantum theory. Spooky Action At A Distance. Wave/Particle Duality. That sort of thing. There's a place for this in the weird, wild field of chaotic meteorology. What are the seeds of sporadic ppn? The physics of broken lines of data that get actioned over miles. Incredible.