Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Can you reset it or remove the batteries for 5 mins? Perhaps it's in an exceptionally dry place? Like under the tumble dryer vent? hehe

Haha! No - its outside the front door, not an ideal place I know. If I start messing around with it now, it'll most likely go Pete Tong and I'd prefer to be able to see the temperature whilst we are having a *cold* snap. Whats your DP Mulls?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Your leccy bill is going to be mahoosive  :oops:

I put £50 pound on it this evening, its going to hurt. I have 3kw of heater on 24/7 in bedroom and it is holding at 20c in there but rest of house is 10c after just one day of this cold weather. :help:

Posted

haha I don't know whats more funny the getting snow part or oil not delivered. :rofl:

Snow definitely - as it won't bl@@dy happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The ultimate streamer for this part of the world it has just kept giving....If you live above 300 metres. But as the sun has set the incessant mix or rain and sleet has given way to sleet hail and snow. So hoping this ppn keeps going throughout the evening!

If there had been some imbedded deep cold before today then we could of had 6 inches of snow in the last 12 hours.

Posted

Haha! No - its outside the front door, not an ideal place I know. If I start messing around with it now, it'll most likely go Pete Tong and I'd prefer to be able to see the temperature whilst we are having a *cold* snap. Whats your DP Mulls?

They are very low actually -3c at moment I expect yours is around -1 ish going off height etc

My lounge is warming up with computer and body heat.. its up to 10.7c :yahoo:  :cold: If we get a real frost its going to hurt with these single pane windows..

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I put £50 pound on it this evening, its going to hurt. I have 3kw of heater on 24/7 in bedroom and it is holding at 20c in there but rest of house is 10c after just one day of this cold weather. :help:

Gawd you poor thing! It will defo snow now as you've no oil. Hot water bottle for you tonight will help with lots of blankets etc and you won't need the heaters on. Makes me think of what my Dad told me my grandparents of what peeps endured with the 63/64 winter. No central heating in the house, thin windows and they were in their 80s - doesn't bear thinking about ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some great cbs out west later this afternoon of the snow showers moving into Exmoor direction. Shame it looks like this area is going to miss any precipitation tonight - again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wish me luck I'm going in the mad thread to see what the clever people and eastern bias loons are saying ;)

I'm starting to get concerned now, he ventured out some 20 mins ago and hasn't been seen since  :unsure2:

Posted

I'm starting to get concerned now, he ventured out some 20 mins ago and hasn't been seen since  :unsure2:

Send out a search party...

Posted

Talking of eastern bias... Our fringe members will be happy but the heart of west country looks dry.

Bbc - A generally dry evening with clear spells. Some wintry showers continuing, especially in the west. Overnight, a band of sleet and snow may develop for a time in the far east. Very cold, with widespread frost and ice. Windy. :aggressive:

Sorry if I come across bitter... its because I am! :rofl:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Should we wait or go in after him!!lol

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I am back safe and well, nothing to report still chasing that elusive easterly and not a lot for Bristol as it stands :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Talking of eastern bias... Our fringe members will be happy but the heart of west country looks dry.

Bbc - A generally dry evening with clear spells. Some wintry showers continuing, especially in the west. Overnight, a band of sleet and snow may develop for a time in the far east. Very cold, with widespread frost and ice. Windy. :aggressive:

I s'pose that puts me in with a shout then?.........

Posted

I s'pose that puts me in with a shout then?.........

I'd be feeling quietly smug right now if I lived in your position... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Having seen the points west forecast on FB I think you could be right.

Hypothermia does strange things and makes you emotional

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

4.1c with dp -2C here

Posted

I'd be feeling quietly smug right now if I lived in your position... :nonono:

did you see that snow graphics on devizes :closedeyes:  :rolleyes:   dont worry its got my hopes up.... only to be disappointed 

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Have a heart!: falling snow 2013/14 = 0, falling snow 2014/2015 = 0!

Who else in here still to break their duck this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I've had falling snow, but it was nowt to write home about! Not holding out much hope for this winter tbh.

Although this did greet me on my return from Holland at Gatwick on Thursday evening. More annoying that I missed the shower responsible as my plane was delayed by 30 mins Grrhhhh

post-16760-0-95461200-1422729632_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

No elevation were i live but still had snow in the heavier bursts 3c now ,so good luck.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For your entertainment guys n gals, albeit from a US perspective.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82366-model-output-discussion-23rd-jan-12z-onwards/?p=3157771

Well worth reading the link within IMHO.  :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

attachicon.gifviewimage (5).pngattachicon.gifviewimage (6).pngattachicon.gifviewimage (7).pngattachicon.gifviewimage ( 8).png

Remember.. It's only a guide! Hit & miss for wintriness!

BANK

I so read that wrongly at first attempt.  :acute:

On to other matters, please let's have no more talk of East versus West and North versus South and M4 versus M11 as them there folk do sometimes venture into our thread on occasions you know.  :D

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

It allegedly snowed near Portsmouth last night, comments back up thread in this morning's banter. Even if you were tucked up sound asleep like a good girlie you might have to change your vital statistics right there.  :)

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Me! So close to getting snow in one shower, but the fact it still had some wet droplets mixed in (that dreaded rain stuff) means I didn't get it!