Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I knaw whet u meen it can be frustratin at tines.  :D

And all said in a deep Somerset accent too. I'll be damned tere mite be snaw on Mulls ole il by mawning.  :D

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Im guess this snow will be on high land, they're is no snow forecasted on the North Devon lowland, maybe Exmoor will get some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I knaw whet u meen it can be frustratin at tines.  :D

Lol! As well as not being able to use iPhone emoticons in my posts ... Booo. However watching what is going to happen and what we think will happen over the next 48 hours with you all of this thread isn't ..Feeling colder as the day draws on and nice to see those yellow warnings are out. Even if we only end up being a sprinkle of the lovely stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Hmm. First time this winter we've seen a few anticyclonic members in EC-EPS set-up across Scandinavia to any marked degree in the clusters. Still a minority by mid-month, but not strictly as an insignificant signal. Some colder cyclonic solutions too. Jury out.

I wonder if those few anticyclonic members showing hp over Scandinavia are still present in the EC-EPS suite or have they disappeared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown. More Details

wish the mods would actually do there job a hr later and me posts still not showing what a joke

I was going to just delete this post as it deserves to be binned, but instead I'll allow so us 'mods' have a right of reply........We are all volunteers, with busy lives, indeed shock, horror, we have families and lives outside of netweather......We are certainly not at your beck and call!.........tell you what, just for you, you can wait 2 hours for your post to be approved (if indeed it is)  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Devon westwards and Gloucester and Wiltshire eastwards currently I think with just enough cloud in between to prevent a hard frost.  :wallbash:

Sounds about right then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Dry plus lots of Snow

Well a visit to Princetown was well worth it this afternoon. Blizzard like conditions up past the prison and plenty snow to build a snowman and a traditional snowball fight.

Snowing really heavy when we left at 430pm and unfortunately for one car didn't take note of the settling snow on the roads and drove straight into a stone wall at speed !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Well a visit to Princetown was well worth it this afternoon. Blizzard like conditions up past the prison and plenty snow to build a snowman and a traditional snowball fight.

Snowing really heavy when we left at 430pm and unfortunately for one car didn't take note of the settling snow on the roads and drove straight into a stone wall at speed !

There's always one! hopefully no one hurt

Temp really starting to drop now, I even had to cave in and put the heating on apparently its not the done thing to sit watching TV wearing a bobble hat 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Temperature dropped since I popped out a couple of hours ago, was a steady 6.8c, now 3.5c and a dew point of -9c (this can't be right can it?!)  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature dropped since I popped out a couple of hours ago, was a steady 6.8c, now 3.5c and a dew point of -9c (this can't be right can it?!)  :nonono:

My heating oil ran out over night! My house temperature is a steady 10.5c :cold:  :cold:

damn its going to be a cold wait until 4th feb when delivery is due. :cold:  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

That would make your humidity 39%?! :laugh:

That's some very dry air!

Posted

My heating oil ran out over night! My house temperature is a steady 10.5c :cold:  :cold:

damn its going to be a cold wait until 4th feb when delivery is due. :cold:  :cold:

Oh no! Get to the pub - quick! It's the only way you'll get through it  :rofl:

That would make your humidity 39%?! :laugh:

That's some very dry air!

Yeah - must be something wrong with the weather station surely?! What would cause it?!

Posted

I have 2 electric heaters going in my bedroom but rest of house is bloody freezing I am sat in my ski base layers :sorry: and yes bring on the snow I must be crazy :crazy:

Posted

Beefy shower heading towards here, guarentee it missed us.

going by the wind direction Jay I think that shower will hit North Devon rather than head your way (sorry)

Posted

by then their will be so much snow it wont be able to get delivered ;) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Temps dropping gradually on the Isle of wight! Still 5c but dew point has dropped like a stone to 0.6 temp with the wind chill 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yeah - must be something wrong with the weather station surely?! What would cause it?!

Can you reset it or remove the batteries for 5 mins? Perhaps it's in an exceptionally dry place? Like under the tumble dryer vent? hehe

Posted

If it doesn't have radiation shield etc on sensor and it gets exposed to direct sunlight in the day (even a previous day) I find it can screw the readings up for humidity. Try reset buttons see if it helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Wish me luck I'm going in the mad thread to see what the clever people and eastern bias loons are saying ;)

Posted

I have 2 electric heaters going in my bedroom but rest of house is bloody freezing I am sat in my ski base layers :sorry: and yes bring on the snow I must be crazy :crazy:

Your leccy bill is going to be mahoosive  :oops:

Posted

We live in hope! No offence NK! But I'd prefer snow over your heating! Lol!  :rofl:

Posted

haha I don't know whats more funny the getting snow part or oil not delivered. :rofl: