Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Awesome :D

I don't Adam n Eve this, it's actually intensifying as it moves towards Oxford! So many times i've seen snow fizzle out or turn lighter just before it reaches my location. Both up in Leicester and down here!

Oh it's on it's way Mark :D give it another 5 mins and I expect to see the first flurries!

This is gonna fall on frozen ground too. Ground was frosty and icy when I cycled back from Radley at 11:30pm!

Forming into a complete line of yellow echoes.

Posted

Look at those streamers going right back to the Cheshire gap! Very hit and miss of course. Amazing how that tough has kept its intensity. Let's hope the one over Barrow does the same. Eyes North!

Posted

stopped here now but that streamer behind is aligning pretty well for my location! no doubt will be pretty transient tho....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes lovely currently a little dusting so far, looks to be pushing through the back end of the showers quicker, slow down! 

Posted

and just as i said that its started again!

Yes lovely currently a little dusting so far, looks to be pushing through the back end of the showers quicker, slow down! 

yeah this has moved through pretty quickly

Posted

Kumquat if it makes you feel any better we have rain/sleet here and nothing settled! Temps were just not low enough here, gutted. Hey ho might get some settling snow at some point this year. Right off to bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Wow, this is proper snowfall now! Not seen it this heavy in a few years. 50p sized flakes now, coming down at a rate of knotts!

Posted

OMFG!!! 50P SIZED FLAKES. some of the biggest I've ever seen, i'm not even joking. Wow. Pics coming.

Posted

Kumquat if it makes you feel any better we have rain/sleet here and nothing settled! Temps were just not low enough here, gutted. Hey ho might get some settling snow at some point this year. Right off to bed.

and i think i can see the slow slide of snow cover on a distant windscreen, temp must had risen a fraction here

Posted

I'm looking forward to the *potential* over the next few days. To see yet another unmodelled (well not to that degree) snowfall and knowing how these things can crop up out of the blue, I'm feeling pretty chipper :D

I'm also going ALL IN on anything I see cropping up and that makes me happy!

Posted

This is fantastic. Everywhere is white now, roads, pavements, cars etc...

It'll probably stop in about 20 minutes but this has made up for some of the disappointments this Winter! Most of it will have melted by midday tomorrow but I couldn't give a monkeys :D

Posted

Some pics. Just as the big flakes started coming down.

post-15543-0-98029200-1422673873_thumb.j post-15543-0-11904300-1422673853_thumb.j

post-15543-0-23336900-1422673859_thumb.j post-15543-0-21889700-1422673866_thumb.j 

Still coming down now.

Posted

Got some snow coming down in Abingdon, Oxfordshire at the moment. First time I've seen settling snow since March 2013. I love how the night-time light levels have instantly increased outside now there's a nice dusting on the ground. Makes it much easier to watch the falling snow :) . Currently have a steady temperature of 0.6/0.7 but no evidence of melting at all so far.

Posted

Look at the streamer going back from our current clump. Aside from the fact that there are two of them stretching that far. The one to the west is now reaching across the Irish Sea into Northern Ireland. It's sticking out a branch towards the Isle of Man, which is interacting with the clumpy trough coming through the Borders into Northern England. As the Northerly flow becomes straighter over the weekend, I'd expect these troughs and waves to go straighter south. And once they set up there's no telling what they'll do. Especially once subjected to open bodies of water. It's quite exciting. We'll see some weird stuff going on, especially with regards to how these anomalies interact with each other.

Snow or No, I'll be watching.

Posted

Wow, 2-3cm that heavy shower has left behind. Not bad for something totally unexpected! Managed to get a few pics. Nearly fell flat on my ar*e walking back into my driveway though :rofl:

post-2115-0-78468200-1422675004_thumb.jp

post-2115-0-62824700-1422675020_thumb.jp

post-2115-0-63378400-1422675040_thumb.jp

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I think there could be a clash of the titans over Central UK heading at London area about 8am. A little snow when I wake up too.

Posted

Stopped now but left a good 2cm or so. Big flakes. A welcome surprise. Worth staying up till 3:30am. 

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Light snow here leaving a dusting so far, rather dry snow too which is surprising.

Posted

The trough that kept on giving. If this is what we can expect over the next few days - I'm defo ALL IN!