Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I wouldn't worry about any polar low activity yet. It's still all the way up off the NW Coast of Scotland.

Chances are it won't even make it down here.

If it does, there's also every possibility it could bring rain rather than snow due to a "wrap around" flow on it's SW flank. Plus a less cold sector is forecast to move through the region during the early hours tomorrow.

Just watch the radar from now, as that will give the best guidance on track and development of this tricky beast.

Posted

Yay! We've got snow!

Oh for petes sake! How can you have snow and not me LOL! Winchester snow shield is still on place. ARRRGH!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

Yay! We've got snow!

Yup can confirm we have had a brief snow shower here too, very welcome indeed  :)

Edited by djpaulbailey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yay! We've got snow!

Yeah right, in the Wareham micro-climate, that surely cannot be correct.  :shok:

Posted

Got home and there's a dusting on grass.

It's going to freeze i reckon and it's already treacherous on pavements and side roads here in SG.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not bad for the tropics eh? Lots of friends suddenly tweeting to say the same.

A definite WTF moment for that area of Costa del Dorset I would suggest.  :D

Well done Mapantz and those other snow-starved civilians in that region. Snow for Cornwall next on the cards, I hope so for their sakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Looks like that slider low is heading a bit to far west for our region on mon/tues interesting where the other models place it though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

No Snow ... Just  0.6c.....

Posted

out walking the dog around half hour ago, a moderate wet snow\sleet shower passed over.

First snowflakes I've seen in these parts for going on 2 years.

Interestingly, it still doesnt feel THAT cold to me, but that could be because I was jogging and constantly throwing a ball.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Agree with AWD, Also its path looks to be going Southeast not south from its current location.Probably will miss us or fall as rain.

Posted

Pardon me for pushing this again but GTLTW wasn't so far out with this prediction from last night, was he now. I draw your attention to the second paragraph.    :gathering: As Bristle Boy recently mentioned, the GFS is pretty good at modelling snow predictions as long as they are not beyond t+24 hours or so.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82389-south-west-central-southern-england-weather-chat/?p=3146060

*I will certainly give credit to the GFS pub run  :fool:  and those folk from the Beeb who had this bang on, apart for the widespread nature of the temporary snowfalls I guess.*

Roll on tonight and then the next watch period aforementioned in previous posts.  :good:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Radar suggesting the showers are easing off now. Saw a bit of sleet and graupel here - but nothing more. Suspect most of the snow activity overnight will be a bit to the north and more over high ground. Not expecting to see a white covering in the morning - but would love to be proved wrong.

Eyes really on Sunday. By then the cold will be more entrenched, and the airstream truly frigid. Any showers we might get then will be snow, and with the sea relatively warm for the time of year a NWerly could deliver quite well for parts of the SW. At least I hope so.... Anything before Sunday at low levels will be a bonus and likely to melt quite fast I suspect.

Edited by Catacol_Highlander

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

A definite WTF moment for that area of Costa del Dorset I would suggest.  :D

Well done Mapantz and those other snow-starved civilians in that region. Snow for Cornwall next on the cards, I hope so for their sakes.

Did have a snow shower,back end of last cold spell but would love to see some more. 

Sunday looks like my best chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Temperature: 2.4°C Dew Point: -0.2°C. Good enough for some good snow there's just nothing there. It seems to always be that the conditions are right then nothing much happens, anyway I've seen some heavy snow today so that's good for now. :)

Posted

Strange how it's so fun on this forum until you realise you aren't included!!!

Yet.  :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Can see snow on the hills in the valley the other side of Priston... Need some here..