Sign in to follow this  
JennyJane1

Looking for some advice, cold weather

I'm currently working in a prefab in open countryside, for all the good the shelter does, i might just as well be in the field myself, it is freezing.I have tried layers of clothing and hot drinks.can anyone give any other suggestions as to how to keep warm there? :cold:

Does your local paper have a lonely hearts section? You could try that...

Does your local paper have a lonely hearts section? You could try that...

I think I'm right in saying that the OP does quite well in that respect. :D

One thing I've found to be pretty effective recently (being a wheelchair user whose extremities are prone to getting cold) is items like socks and gloves from a company called HeatHolders (no affiliation).  They appear to be an American company, but their products are available online and they are very warm. 

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Maplins currently have offers on heated gloves/jackets/hats/etc

Nothing like keeping moving in cold weather while wearing the right clothes that others have suggested. Heated garments might be questionable as they dilate the blood vessels at the surface of your skin and you feel wam and comfortable but actually lose heat - a bit likethe effect of alcohol in the cold - so insulate with good quality layers rather than heat! Cold hands and feet respond well to vigorous shaking - you can literally shake warm blood down into the extremeties. And so,eone to snuggle up with is highly recommended...