Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

load of crap, its mainly sleet/hail but in heavier bursts a few flakes come down.

Posted

Just been out to get some logs from garage 3-4 inches now two inches of that in fifteen minutes! Really heavy..... Thats amazing! If anywhere can get this jeez tomorrow morning! Snake/woodhead must have over 6-8 inches after this..... Huge flash n bang really scared me whilst out! Amazing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The radar looks to me the Irish Sea is getting quiet. :(

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Not looking good for our part of the NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

The radar looks to me the Irish Sea is getting quiet. :(

Yeh that's me done. Should pick up again in the early hours, let's hope temps drop away between the next batch. Good luck everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

My hammock is swinging in the island breeze :-)

Posted

Another flash of lightning...Just to show how the snowline is creeping westwards....

post-727-0-66345400-1422482701_thumb.jpg post-727-0-74627500-1422482715_thumb.jpg

..not saying it will go all the way to the coast or all low-lying area's but something to be optimistic for as the night draws on.

Posted

Still 4.4oC here, going to need a big drop if it's going to snow in the morning.

Posted

Last post from me this evening, we have a wet ground still and all we have managed so far have been fleeting sleety showers blowing in the wind. Frustrating in the sense many places well away from the 'amber zone' have lying snow.. even Middlesborough would you believe it.

The showers so far haven't lined up well at all for here. At least the fells are getting a real covering but also seem to be gobbling up the precipitation unusually so - its not happening in the Pennines,, not sure why this is happening. North Cumbria has done well so far. We tend to do much better when showers come in from the SW rather than NW.

Hoping to wake up to a cover in the morning.

Hope all those wanting some snow cover will awake to one in the morning. I always say the best snowfalls are the surprise ones, those that aren't forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

God I wish I lived higher up!

post-19090-0-50071200-1422483418_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Heavy very wet snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Torrential thunder snow! 3-5cm..... Huge flash and huge rumble......

Huge gust just blew snow off neighbours roof and sky lit up with another huge flash and bang! Dramatic!

Would love some pics please of all the drama down there :)

Posted

Oh said the last post would be my last of the evening - alas had to post another because we are having our first proper snow shower of the evening now and it is sticking.. with that I'm off to bed in a much happier place..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Oh said the last post would be my last of the evening - alas had to post another because we are having our first proper snow shower of the evening now and it is sticking.. with that I'm off to bed in a much happier place..

Nice one !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Went to Mossley Hill (South Liverpool) before they'd had hardly had any hail or showers, but as I headed

back towards North of the City I hit quite a few heavy hail bursts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Made up for you mate - keep your fingers crossed for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

42-780UK.GIF?28-18

Someone posted this on the model thread. I don't think it be like that by Friday especially in the lowlands.