Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

A6 at Shap this week.

post-6879-0-94451100-1423225206_thumb.jp

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well what a grogeous day out there! I've decided to give up on the snow hunt and just enjoy the frosty mornings and sunny days 8) . If we get snowfall brilliant if not well another winter will be here soon enough.

Posted

Widespread frost last night as skies cleared and we had a slight easterly flow.

Well what a grogeous day out there! I've decided to give up on the snow hunt and just enjoy the frosty mornings and sunny days 8) . If we get snowfall brilliant if not well another winter will be here soon enough.

Soon enough? It feels like winters are coming later and later every year!

Posted

Nice sunny day could feel the sun on my face felt quite lovely.

Posted

Here I am Mokidugway trying to dive off a boat in Turkey :)

would put another up but hate photos of myself.

post-13945-0-68035900-1423232069_thumb.j

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Max today of 6.3c, falling away rapidly under clear skies down to 3.2c now. Hopefully the cloud will stay away so we get a decent frost by morning, I don't mind it like this for a while if it can stay clear with sunny days and frosty nights but unfortunately it looks like it's going to be a mucky high pressure with cloud trapped under it! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Freezing here now, washed the car earlier and the water has turned to ice on the roof. 

Posted

No frost here yet need to shift this pesky cloud cover !!...

ive just got pesky kids bothering me :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Lovely day today although cold on the odd time I had to go outside at work.

Hopefully another frosty night and decent day tomorrow to get out and do some walking and maybe get a few pictures before the bulk of the snow dissapears.

ive just got pesky kids bothering me :)

haven't started on wine yet !!

Lovely day today although cold on the odd time I had to go outside at work.

Hopefully another frosty night and decent day tomorrow to get out and do some walking and maybe get a few pictures before the bulk of the snow dissapears.

it's disappearing quickly of the fells now :(...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Frosty this morning but with plenty of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

haven't started on wine yet !! it's disappearing quickly of the fells now :(...

Strange that, as it's hanging on for dear life here.

Not as much as a few days ago but I've still got snow on what passes for the lawn in our front garden and the tops still look fully white.

Yesterday's drizzly murky conditions saw quite a bit of melt at home but nothing much has gone during today.

Just watched Diane and I'm sure she never mentioned the m word once in her forecast.

Strange that, as it's hanging on for dear life here.

Not as much as a few days ago but I've still got snow on what passes for the lawn in our front garden and the tops still look fully white.

Yesterday's drizzly murky conditions saw quite a bit of melt at home but nothing much has gone during today.

Just watched Diane and I'm sure she never mentioned the m word once in her forecast.

I suppose the south faces of the fells are losing it because of the sun ,don't know how much cover remains on North faces ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I predict High Pressure will leave in 2 weeks time.  Hopefully it will leave by then. If not it will surely be a very stubborn high hard to shift, perfect recipe for drought.

To be honest, longer the high pressure sits here, more water will be evaporated/ dries out.  We haven't have a serious drought for ages since the 70's I think but the potential is there.

Edited by pip22

Posted

I suppose the south faces of the fells are losing it because of the sun ,don't know how much cover remains on North faces ...

Thinking about it, the front of our house faces NW so that probably helped to keep the snow cover but even in sunnier spots we've kept a decent cover.

I think that a few more days will see most of it go though.

Posted

I predict High Pressure will leave in 2 weeks time.  Hopefully it will leave by then. If not it will surely be a very stubborn high hard to shift, perfect recipe for drought.

To be honest, longer the high pressure sits here, more water will be evaporated/ dries out.  We haven't have a serious drought for ages since the 70's I think but the potential is there.

Summer 1995 was a major drought year followed by a continued drought through the winter and well into 1996.

To a lesser degree so was 1984.

But I'm with you on how a continued dry spell come mean a drought in the coming months.

Posted

Off the mates for a beer be back soon just a few doors away...gotta go its my turn.

And no its not Mokidugway as I live nowhere near him... although this bromance is taking off maybe I will visit ;)

Posted

Just reached 0c here, hopefully another hard frost overnight and decent useable day tomorrow.