Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Blimey, it's quiet on here this morning....

Is everyone watching New York webcams or something instead?!

Nope - waiting for full 06z :p 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

yep first thing I did this morning and them jammie buggers still got blizzards....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

This "cold spell" looks like it's going to end up being a damp squib like the last one, when all we'll get is some light wintry showers and a bit of wind, and no i'm not upset or depressed just being realistic as this is what usually happens in this type of setup.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The xcweather forecast for my area this morning shows snow for Weds, but who knows if this'll come true...

I'm currently on the train up to the mighty city of Leicester for my Nan's 84th birthday :D

Will check the 06z in a min.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

yep first thing I did this morning and them jammie buggers still got blizzards....

And yet I think of you guys in the Peaks as jammy buggers, as I've not even had a full covering once this winter!

It's all relative eh? :D

• Like 1

Posted

06Z still looking crap, rain for most areas friday

Im confused because the 06z is barely out yet on Netweather Extra / Weatheronline. Or is it out on Meteociel ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Im confused because the 06z is barely out yet on Netweather Extra / Weatheronline. Or is it out on Meteociel ?

meteociel is always faster, noticed since GFS upgrade, netweather charts even slower

Posted

meteociel is always faster, noticed since GFS upgrade, netweather charts even slower

I must be doing it wrong because it still says 0Z to me :( (never really used meteociel before).

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I must be doing it wrong because it still says 0Z to me :( (never really used meteociel before).

6Z for me, red dots 06Z

Posted

6Z for me, red dots 06Z

Can see 06z normal gfs but 0.25deg version is still 00z.

Posted

After Friday's low the weekend was average for this time of year.  Some nice pleasant sunny spells and some overcast and wet spells.  Today has been overcast with the temperature up to 6C from an overnight low of 3.3C.  Likely to stay overcast all day here, temperatures not rising significantly higher that at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

And yet I think of you guys in the Peaks as jammy buggers, as I've not even had a full covering once this winter!

It's all relative eh? :D

Agree we have done well so far this winter. even at my modest elevation ive still had 8 days of lying snow... but I will always want more... much more. im sure you will get your snow at some point before end of March.

• Like 1

Posted

I think some people will be really surprised come friday! ! Might be more snow than you think!!Some hi resolution models have bands of precipitation sweeping south with snow on the eastern end of it and rain/sleet on the western edge!! For example nmm shows heavy snow for east midlands but for the west midlands its rain! ! All going to come down to nowcasting!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

06z doesn't look too bad for some areas of the Midlands. If I had a choice between whether to stay up in Leicester for the next 7 days or go back to Oxford... I'd choose Leicester! Oxford looks like one of the worst places to be for this weeks snow prospects.

I reckon Leicester will see a few cm's. While i'm here today, i'll have a quick meeting with the snow gods for you :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

06z doesn't look too bad for some areas of the Midlands. If I had a choice between whether to stay up in Leicester for the next 7 days or go back to Oxford... I'd choose Leicester! Oxford looks like one of the worst places to be for this weeks snow prospects.

I reckon Leicester will see a few cm's. While i'm here today, i'll have a quick meeting with the snow gods for you :D

Ensure the Snow Gods bring a big dumping of snow like America are having. Tar! :good:

As it happens, the Met Office text summary does show a blizzard of wintry possibilities for the West Midlands in the next few days. :cold:

post-10703-0-46741100-1422359754_thumb.j

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/regional-forecast/wm

I think as longs as the 500mb thicknesses and Dew-points stay low, it should help out with the snow chances (even though the 850mb temperatures do look rather marginal at times).

• Like 2

Posted

Looks to me like we could well see a few streams of showers coming through Weds night and Thurs - meaning some places could see frequent snow showers whilst 10 miles away you get nothing .....  a "luck of the draw" spell.   Could be an interesting/frustrating time for radar watching!

Posted

Looks to me like we could well see a few streams of showers coming through Weds night and Thurs - meaning some places could see frequent snow showers whilst 10 miles away you get nothing .....  a "luck of the draw" spell.   Could be an interesting/frustrating time for radar watching!

Yep  just seen bbc weather forecast  alot of showers coming into the midlands  thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh not as much ppn on the 06z it would be sods law for it to be rain in the west then fizzle out as it goes east. Lets hope that dosen't happen after the historic fail in new york wich made me laugh,expect changes in tonights run short and long term

Posted

You guys must be seeing things I am not. The warnings are further north and not much really showing for Wednesday or Thursday.

I understand they can't predict snow accurately but looks like a dusting at best if we get some showers that are snow and not rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Latest bbc chart shows all snow for midlands even further south. Do we belive it.

Can it snow at 6 degrees, Shows how rapid the temps will drop as the front moves through

post-18133-0-95546300-1422362120_thumb.p

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 2

Posted

Latest bbc chart shows all snow for midlands even further south. Do we belive it.

Can it snow at 6 degrees, Shows how rapid the temps will drop as the front moves through

dunno what it is but bbc forecasts always have higher temps than the models by 2 or 3 degrees!! Its been happening ever since i can rmremember! ! Thought they would have sorted it out by now! !
  • Like 1

Posted

Bbc saying max temps but they drop throughout tomorrow, so that 4-6c is before the front has passed, behind ive got 1-3c by 1-3pm....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1