Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Bit of a yucky day here. Light rain this morning, and a touch brighter this afternoon, but still rainy. Maxed out at 7C and now down to 3.9C. Not as windy as I thought, in fact not windy at all really, bit of a breeze perhaps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Similar here PICOG...

Temp now 5.1C, dull with a few spots of rain. Wind NE light.

Minimum overnight of 3.8C

MIA

Posted

It has been a very tiresome winter In General although my location has done ok , although I missed the heavy Boxing Day snowfall though enjoyed it being around in the couple of days up to New Years eve.

I think I preferred the weather action of 2014 to be honest - this winter has been too average for my liking . It does look like winter is going to end quietly- very low likelihood of anything wintery cropping up snowfall wise before the end of the month. March can still deliver from a snowfall perspective but it is going to need a real shift in weather patterns and the Azores high to shift substantially.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

As far as I can tell ( visibility is only 60 mt ) the last snow patches visible from here thawed overnight; it's the first time since the morning of Jan' 28th it's been completely snow -free

• Like 1

Posted

Still reminants of snow in the hills.... Drizzling here.... Went to chapel yesterday, still snow piled up in car parks.... Other than that.... Dullfest up here off to manchester for quick windowshop, some tea then pheonix nights on stage.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

dreading the absolute soaker on monday, always timed for the day, never between 6pm and 7am, but rest of holiday week looks dry and springlike at times

winter's finished now, so let's have dry spring type setups

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

On today's 12z GFS this time next-week could be interesting with the jet a lot further south and colder/cooler zonal flow bringing very unsettled weather to the UK 

As we know this winter has been frustrating for us snow lovers but next-week gives us some hope in finding something that resembles winter  :cold:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes Dancer, An interesting last 1/4 of Winter.. I do wonder what Spring will bring with maybe more blocked synoptic's which we have been lacking all Winter.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

10 minutes of sunshine in 6 days now, why is the gloom still here when the anticyclone has gone? I see many places have had sun today....

you will see sun tomorrow, where I will be stuck under heavy rain all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Shrewsbury may get a glimmer of sunshine towards the end of the day but it's rain all the way for most of the Midlands.

Then the skies will clear into the evening, giving a colder night of late and Tuesday certainty looks a lot brighter with plenty of sunshine to be had.

Posted

I'm off to South Devon, tomorrow for a week. Looking forward to walks on the

beach and good Devonshire Ale and food!

The weather doesn't look too shabby either!

ay holiday week, you'll escape tomorrows awful weather

Posted

Hopefully see some sun tomorrow before I drive to Cornwall on Tuesday then. Just hope I can avoid taking our weather down there....

yes, that would be harsh on Cornwall folk

Posted

Being in the deep south part of Derbyshire, there was no lying snow from this so called cold spell, only a few soggy flakes, So i headed to the other end of the county this weekend, to the Dark peak with its moors, and steep hills ( on a planned trip not to see snow but it would have been nice) and all the snow had gone.

Back donw in the southern bit, firmly lodged in the snow proof  shallow sided trent valley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

A question for all you midlanders......in an average winter do the Shropshire hills get much snow? 

Posted

An overcast dull morning with light/moderate rain. A low of 3.5c

Temp 4.1c

Wind S/W 15mph

Rain 3.1mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning all,

Rain started about an hour ago.

Temperature 5.1C now. Wet morning in prospect.

Was due to be working outside this morning....

Think I wont bother.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thick fog and heavy drizzle here at the moment; the temperature has crawled up to 4.1c.