Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

light snow here. Radar not looking too bad either ,precipitation seems to be expanding?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

A few micro flakes falling here - but so few you have to be standing outside to notice them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A whiff of something brewing over in the MOD..... Mid month could get interesting.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

was snowing lightly in Northampton around 7 this morning and Leighton Buzzard area 30 miles to the south had a fairly decent covering and still lightly snowing at 8am.  Looks like these areas will have light snow on and off for the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

How in the heck is it snowing in Birmingham, Notts and Leicester but sleet here In Oxford?!

We are supposed to be in the colder 850's than you guys! And my house is 100m ASL so i'm not exactly on really low ground either.

Bloody stupid Weather :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

How in the heck is it snowing in Birmingham, Notts and Leicester but sleet here In Oxford?!

We are supposed to be in the colder 850's than you guys! And my house is 100m ASL so i'm not exactly on really low ground either.

It's not snowing here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

I think snowing in birmingham is pushing it, we had three flakes and it went again.. Don't be feeling too jealous of us here. It's been poor this year, not had an hour of lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi folks,

Cold and dank sums it up.

Temp 2.5C and rising. DP still low though as the air is dry.

Snizzle here. Something is falling, but extremely fine with 3 flakes of snow spotted.

Looking at the radar it looks as though a Wash Streamer is setting up. The precipitation going down from Bham to peterborough eastwards going down SW towards Oxford. Not sure the northern edge will get much. Don't hold out much hope though as no one on the Lincolnshire thread is reporting anything interesting.

SE region experiencing fairly widespread sleet showers this morning, with snow on any hills. They are talking about the cold easterly will set in down there (-10C uppers), but only for a few hours until tomorrow..

By all for now

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am going up to scottland on february 13th 2015 i am sure it will the be really mild and all the snow will dissapear in the caringorns :wallbash:. Check the weather and turning mild in the spittal of gleenshee up to 4c on saturday 14th lol :nonono:

Posted

I am going up to scottland on february 13th 2015 i am sure it will the be really mild and all the snow will dissapear in the caringorns :wallbash:. Check the weather and turning mild in the spittal of gleenshee up to 4c on saturday 14th lol :nonono:

Have no fear - the snow over the hills is going no-where fast.  A good freeze-thaw cycle setting in and only several days of rain will clear it now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Have no fear - the snow over the hills is going no-where fast.  A good freeze-thaw cycle setting in and only several days of rain will clear it now.

i am hoping you are right suppose as well we are still 8 days out from when I go, we all know that things can change and it can still go cold at that height.

Posted

Nothing here. Maybe too far west to get any of the showers? Temp has climbed to 3.4C so not holding my breath for a shower as it is likely to be of the wet variety.

Posted

Tamara's post on the MO thread (#474) still optimistic for another cold shot after mid-month.

Posted

Heading towards average temps today at 4c with a slow thaw of snow in the shade,wind a mild N/NW.

The wind will turn NE and even east later which will make it much colder for a time.

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

So a few flurries this morning here. But not sticking. Yh looks alot better mid moth for something a bit more interesting lets hope it comes off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

That warning seems crazy. Ice tonight, yes that looks likely. 1-3cm in some inland areas? No chance. Temps and dew points are widely 2-3c now in inland areas. Unless the PPN sticks around till after dark, can't see any snow falling let alone settling!