Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I know :rofl: typical! I'll be back in Ox tomorrow afternoon though. Can't see it melting much over the next few days :D

Yes very heavy snow here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Right folks it was nice to come back in here today.... and very glad some of you have had some big snow tonight.... its been a very long day in the big snow house... and ive got to be up at 5am with my special needs son... and seeing as its clear skies out im going to turn in for the night.... well done those that have had some snow tonight.... lets hope we all see more as the month unfolds... Peace Love and snow showers one and all...x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just got up for a drink of water and checked the MetO overnight forecast. The West Midlands one is strangely specific: "...some snow, mainly across Worcestershire." How it's going to get here without passing over any other county is anyone's guess! :p

Posted

Snow in London, Oxford, East Midlands, Dorset for heaven's sake- Dorset, in a northerly- and Jack all here again even though the wind is right for a Cheshire gap effect. Not turning to rain for no reason in those places like Friday night's did here.

What is wrong with the West Midlands this winter? Still can't believe I saw a perfect Cheshire Gap streamer turn to rain and thaw on Friday. Never, ever seen that happen before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Right then are we forecast anything today or tonight or is it another day of frustration in the West MIDs.

Frustration here too, still nothing.

• Like 1

Posted

Well there is a big blob of something heading straight towards Derby as we speak.  About 5 miles North east of Ripley at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Thats the final straw they even has snow in london last night. This winter is a waste if time

• Like 4

Posted

Snowing here in the peak district.... just started as the lamp post went out....Light 20p flakes falling....Morning all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold dry night with clear periods, An overnight low of  -1.6c. Still around 5cm of compacted snow cover.

Currently; Dry and cloudy.

Temp -0.1c

Dp -2.4c

WC -2.3c

Wind N/N/E 6mph

Snow Cover 95%

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well there is a big blob of something heading straight towards Derby as we speak.  About 5 miles North east of Ripley at the moment

Just opened the door and it's snowing, light dusting on the ground. Hopefully more to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning all,

Cold o/n Min of -2.7C

Current -2.0C with dp of -5C.

A few clouds moving in from the North east.

Keep watching the North cast coast around Scarborough today for anything coming our way.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Another light Snow shower just starting.... if you blink you would miss it.... still have the odd patch of snow on the ground... with the hills still covered all around....

Posted

Well I'm currently at Loughborough uni and I woke up to a slight covering on the floor and it's been snowing this morning also....more than I seen in 2 years down in South Wales....quit moaning you lucky buggers :)

Posted

Snowing here in the peak district.... just started as the lamp post went out....Light 20p flakes falling....Morning all.

Good to have you back on here, bigsnow  :good:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

snow in Warwick. LOL stopped now.

Had a little chuckle at that :D Because I'm sure it's happened at some point to us all ' you look out the window and by the time you've typed (It's Snowing :yahoo: )

and looked out again... the mood has changed :wallbash::laugh: