Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Big fat fry up here.... 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, fried bread, black pudding, 4 hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans... can of Scrumpy jack to wash it all down....

Just need 3ft of snow and I will be happy...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Vegetarian Pizza for me with fries and a piece of hot hot chicken :diablo:perfecto.gifJust a SNOWBALL and I'll be happy to but in my mouth... God that Chicken was HOT :p

• Like 3

Posted

what are our thoughts on the patchy light snow passing through later? warning is covering wide area for 1-2cm and possibly more (up to 5cm quoted). given this warning there are obviously ingredients present for it to potentially pep up - like last night but that event went under the radar as it were (sorry bad pun)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

what are our thoughts on the patchy light snow passing through later? warning is covering wide area for 1-2cm and possibly more (up to 5cm quoted). given this warning there are obviously ingredients present for it to potentially pep up - like last night but that event went under the radar as it were (sorry bad pun)

maybe, repeat of last 3 nights, where i've had covering of snow, if anything lies tonight, expect again fast thaw tomorrow

Posted

maybe, repeat of last 3 nights, where i've had covering of snow, if anything lies tonight, expect again fast thaw tomorrow

yeah thats the problem as thaw likely again of any lying snow. never happy are we; had 2cm last night but in the morning was grumpy as it was thawing!

Posted

Just back in....frozen, been helping neighbour with their car.... Lethal ice out there....spent an hour with shovels breaking compacted snow thats 2-4 inches of ice on our hill....

• Like 1

Posted

Vegetarian Pizza for me with fries and a piece of hot hot chicken :diablo:perfecto.gifJust a SNOWBALL and I'll be happy to but in my mouth... God that Chicken was HOT :p

I must say im loving this midlands whats for dinner thread..... who needs to radar watch when spicy chicken is on the menu...

Whats everybody having for breakfast????  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

I must say im loving this midlands whats for dinner thread..... who needs to radar watch when spicy chicken is on the menu...

haha, red wine, barbecue ribs in the oven and rocky V on 5USA! no wonder I'm single 

• Like 2

Posted

Some very light snow showers here in North Powys.....which is a good sign, as they were all rain here last night! :)...very very windy and squally though!

Posted

It might be Crystal clear tonight BISH but i know one thing it Could get quite gusty before breaky BIGSNOW on hearing what everybody's having for dinner this evening!!!

:oops: SORRY

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

It might be Crystal clear tonight BISH but i know one thing it Could get quite gusty before breaky BIGSNOW on hearing what every body having for dinner this evening... :oops: SORRY

As long as it don't create to many warm sectors.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Folks, while this is generally a more laid back thread compared to the likes of the model thread, we still ask that we keep it broadly weather related. 

If you want to discuss what you had for dinner or what you're watching on telly, feel free to take it to the Lounge.

Thank you.

• Like 7

Posted

Winds picked up in Wolverhampton . About to set off back to Cannock. Any possible times for possible snow later?

a chance, but only a dusting for cannock and stafford, even if we get a covering, I expect all gone by 11am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well i hope the met arnt crying woolf yet again for these parts. lets hope the warnings bares fruit this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Nick L - we're killing time until some weather happens. This is the MIDLANDS thread, the zone where there is never any weather. Not a thunderstorm, a heatwave or snow. Just read the archives.

Anyhoo, still waiting for the cold here in brum. I think any ppn here tonight will be wet. Marginal Midlands again :)

• Like 5

Posted

If the NMM is right the radar should start to look more interesting after 10ish

Posted

Nick L - we're killing time until some weather happens. This is the MIDLANDS thread, the zone where there is never any weather. Not a thunderstorm, a heatwave or snow. Just read the archives.

Anyhoo, still waiting for the cold here in brum. I think any ppn here tonight will be wet. Marginal Midlands again :)

Well do it in the lounge area then

Posted

When things are happening out there you can't keep us quiet Nick, things are just a little quiet ATM...

Nice just to have some small talk while we are waiting for that 1ft of snow to turn up :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

Folks, while this is generally a more laid back thread compared to the likes of the model thread, we still ask that we keep it broadly weather related. 

In that case, Nick, I can confirm it is still a clear evening - looked out of the window whilst scoffing my smoked cod & chips  :whistling:

Bish

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Bits and pieces of precip developing over north midlands and england. Plus heavier stuff over East Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Midlands has had snow in the past few days!

A bit of general chit chat is fine, but at least keep it weather related in some sense? There are areas of the forum that are suited for general chit chat, namely the Lounge. But please be courteous to fellow forum members who want to talk about Midlands weather in the Midlands weather thread. It's a reasonable request I think.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 2