Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

It's a bit disappointing isn't it, reminds me of winters in the early 2000's when supposedly bitterly cold northerlies produced not much more than cold rain, sleet and transient snow.

Easterlies are far better for this area, with decent blocking between Iceland and Norway. I can't remember the last time a northerly spell produced a decent and lasting spell of snowcover 10cms+ for the West Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Must have got at least a bit of heavy snow falling...a bit of slushy stuff on some parts of the road and cars (North facing) but now rain is washing it away...T 2.7 DP 1.9

Posted

Should dry up for the rest of the day now. Next snow chance tonight but could have the same issues as the colder air isn't due until tomorrow.

We are getting plenty of snow right now so shouldn't complain but these little warm ups here while the east Mids stays as snow is getting frustrating!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Well looks like most Shropshire are still waiting for a covering of snow to last more then a couple of hours!

I woke up in the night around 1ish cause the little one was crying, I looked out the window and saw snow ( I was half asleep and it was a classic rub you eyes moment! )

I got up at 7 with him and to my disappointment it was gone :( was really looking forward to taking him out in it because he has not played in any yet (21 months old) he gets all excited when it falls from the sky. I will have to educate him on getting used to disappointment living in telford!

snap dying to take my little girl out in the snow, proper snow not this muck n she is 21 months too this winter has been 'marginally' better than last year but only just!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

I woke up at half one and literally could not believe my eyes! There is a steady drip drip out there. What happened to the cold we were meant to have this weekend?

• Like 1

Posted

Been snowing steadily here for last 20 mins leaving a dusting on side roads.

Posted

I woke up at half one and literally could not believe my eyes! There is a steady drip drip out there. What happened to the cold we were meant to have this weekend?

It's here, it's just that the western side of these disturbances keep getting milder air wrapped up in them.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing steadily here for last 20 mins leaving a dusting on side roads.

It's amazing I am 5 miles west of u in ashby and all heavy rain!!! What is going on!! Go away rain

Posted

It's amazing I am 5 miles west of u in ashby and all heavy rain!!! What is going on!! Go away rain

Yes odd but definitely falling more as snow. Been at it for about half an hour now. Not settling all that well though but still coming down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes odd but definitely falling more as snow. Been at it for about half an hour now. Not settling all that well though but still coming down.

Cool hopefull it might change here as the back end passes through! I wonder if brad gate park has a good covering for sledging

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

3.5cm of fresh snow overnight but the temp' is now above 0c with a very slow thaw. Current temp; 1.4c.

Posted

Bbc forecasting snow for our area on Tuesday now , that's put the kiss of death on it then lol

Now come on, you should be used to the routine by now.

We have a chance of snow.

Those chances get greater as the event approaches.

It arrives giving heavy snow and settles quick.

You go to bed with a winter wonderland outside.

You fall asleep.

It rains.

You drive to work in drizzle.

• Like 4

Posted

Bagworth/Coalville been doing very well compared to the rest of Leicestershire with this winter's snow. Lot of schools round here closed yesterday. Still coming down hard now, just not sticking that well.

Posted

Unbelievable. It has virtually all gone. Was a decent cover too. Really starting to hate this winter now.

And yet again the East was less affected by the mild stuff. Why the same again and again? That setup last night had the look of a Christmas 2004 or even 17 Dec 2010- yet the backbuilding stuff ended up as rain after the initial burst had been snow. It shouldn't happen like that when stuff comes from the North surely!

Posted

Cool hopefull it might change here as the back end passes through! I wonder if brad gate park has a good covering for sledging

Well we still have a fair bit on the ground here, not sure about Bradgate though? Was thinking the further into Leicester you go the less there is but perhaps worth checking out with my dogs later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

My dad works at Denby pottery ;)

Poor guy. I used to work there.

Posted

Turned to snow in leicester city centre.

Is there much around in Leicester? Was due to run the Braunstone parkrun this morning but it was cancelled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

There's definitely a little less sparkle in my Fizz this morning.

I missed the 2am snow as I couldn't stay awake, and then any snow symbols on the MetO etc for the next 5 days have just disappeared.

Not a flake forecast anywhere.

AND I've had a cold for about 6 weeks now....Grrr

Grump. Grump. Grump.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Now come on, you should be used to the routine by now.

We have a chance of snow.

Those chances get greater as the event approaches.

It arrives giving heavy snow and settles quick.

You go to bed with a winter wonderland outside.

You fall asleep.

It rains.

You drive to work in drizzle.

ha ha couldn't put it any better!