Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

About 5cm here. Getting to work is going to suck.

But we have snow!  :D

5cm!! I'm in Thurmaston and little dusting from yesterday is partly washed away

Posted

Rain all the way here.

One oof the striking things for this area about the current cold spell is the complete lack of frost and temps below freezing. I live in a frost hollow, yet temps have stubbornly refused to fall below 0.5C throughout. Even the MetO not-a-forecast only predicts -1 over the next few days and yet the written forecast for the west Mids mentions harsh frosts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

A sugar coating here from about 6pm yesterday. I could hear rain on bedroom window about 3am, so just rolled over and went back tosleep. :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Around 3inches near Tutbury, roads difficult. Very excited as expecting it to have turned to rain!  Work is 28miles away so waiting a bit, really  want an extra hour in bed then out to play! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, drifting snow, ice days

Thick blanket of snow outside, and the boss just txt me to stay at home! Happy days! Now where's that sledge...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

another dusting overnight, about 5th dusting this Jan, not sure when our next snow chance is, today rain, tomorrow rain, sun to wed, dry as a bone, thur turning milder

Posted

As expected, just rain here.

Only snow so far has been that one flurry yesterday evening (that didnt even try to settle) and temps havent even dropped below freezing yet this week.  In fact, apart from the wind it hasnt been cold at all ....

looks like this cold spell will be memorable only because it didnt happen in this neck of the woods ....

Edited by Essan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Sounds like some of you guys in the Leicestershire area have done well with the snow. Well deserved to be fair. :good:

About 1cm covering here, which is still better than nothing. I'm guessing most of what fell last night here was snow. Couldn't really here any rain (unless I slept through it), plus the slight covering I had yesterday evening seemed to get a very slight top-up with some of the pavements and driveways looking a touch whiter than they did before.

Hopefully some further wintry chances for some of us early next week with possible disturbances/small Lows getting into the Northerly airflow. Additionally would be nice for the snow to still visit any cold fans of the region where the snow completely forgot about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Bout 5cms here to looks good :)

Looks like south Leicester got it more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Got 2inches over night, not bad considering I was not expecting anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

It definately went further east than thought by the met . I was told to expect up to 5cm by Ian f . I had heavy sleet that washed my snow cover away . Very frustrating . Story of the winter so far for me :marginality

Posted

Got an inch here in Bedworth, which was more than I expected. Just goes to show what can crop up at short notice.

The models have us bone dry now for the next 7 days, but then last night was supposed to be dry too lol??!!

Posted

Everyone had better get out there and take some pictures, it will all be gone come 1pm as the temps creep up to a dizzy 7'c.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Around 6/7 inch here.

post-12319-0-85487500-1422604835_thumb.j

post-12319-0-53258100-1422604886_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

Surprise surprise no more snow here. Virtually all yesterday's has gone. No trouble snowing properly in the east again I see, even at the coast. What on earth were milder uppers doing on the west side of that low, where winds are northerly? What were they doing in a "polar low" at all come to that?

Every snow event has ended up the same this winter, bar to some extent 14 Jan. Teases us with 1cm dustings then turns to rain just when it's supposed to get interesting. While the bloody East Midlands somehow keeps the snow. Getting really tedious now. Give us an EASTERLY, these NW lies aren't doing the job.

Edited by Summer of 95
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Actually on car roofs it was more like 7cm. Roads and paths are about 5cm. As soon as I drove a few miles north and got into the Leicester suburban area it was about half the amount we had in the rural areas just south of it.

Very happy with the result in Leicester for once :) just wished I could have stayed up so I could have seen it come down.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Surprise surprise no more snow here. Virtually all yesterday's has gone. No trouble snowing properly in the east again I see, even at the coast. What on earth were milder uppers doing on the west side of that low, where winds are northerly? What were they doing in a "polar low" at all come to that?

Every snow event has ended up the same this winter, bar to some extent 14 Jan. Teases us with 1cm dustings then turns to rain just when it's supposed to get interesting. While the bloody East Midlands somehow keeps the snow. Getting really tedious now. Give us an EASTERLY, these NW lies aren't doing the job.

Don`t worry it,ll get upto 7c today across the east.

Nothing here last night but a slight thaw or did it rain slightly possible,froze since.

Edited by Snowyowl9